Department Chair, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Center Medical Director, Division of MD Anderson Oncology Program at Lyndon B Johnson Hospital, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Fellowship Program Director, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of The University of Texas John P. and Katherine G. McGovern Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX
|2001||University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1997||Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA, BA, Molecular Biology|
|2011-2012||Faculty Leadership Academy, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2004-2007||Clinical Fellowship, Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2001-2004||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2014||American Board of Medical Quality|
Assistant Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2015
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Gastrointestinal (GI) Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2008 - 2011
Clinical Specialist, Department of General Internal Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2007 - 2007
Fellowship Program Associate Director, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2014 - 2019
Medical Director of the Infusion Center, LBJ General Hospital, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2017
Attending Faculty in Oncology Clinic, Harris Health System, Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital, Houston, TX, 2008 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Subject Matter Expert, Harris Health System EPIC Beacon Implementation, 2015 - Present
Chair, Cancer Medicine Fellowship Clinical Competency Committee, 2015 - 2017
Member, NCTN Executive Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, NCTN Steering Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, MD Anderson Cancer Network Research Committee, 2013 - 2015
Program Co-Chair, LBJ/MD Anderson GI/GU Tumor Board, 2011 - 2017
Program Co-Chair, LBJ/MD Anderson Head and Neck Tumor Board, 2011 - Present
Program Co-Chair, LBJ/MD Anderson Breast Multidisciplinary Conference, 2011 - 2013
Co-Chair, Harris County Hospital District Cancer Committee, 2011 - Present
Member, Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Executive Committee, 2011 - Present
Member, Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Steering Committee, 2011 - Present
Chair, Harris Health System Oncology Pharmacy Subcommittee, 2011 - Present
Member, Uncompensated Care Committee, 2011 - Present
Member, Harris Health System Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, 2011 - Present
Member, LBJ Medical Executive Committee, 2011 - 2017
Chair, LBJ/MDACC Head and Neck Tumor Board, 2010 - 2011
Chair, LBJ/MDACC GI/GU Tumor Board, 2008 - 2011
Chair, LBJ/MDACC Breast Multidisciplinary Conference, 2008 - 2011
|2016||2016 Gerald P. Bodey Award for Excellence in Education, Division of Cancer Medicine|
|2016||Leadership in Education, Division of Cancer Medicine Hematology/Oncology Fellowship|
|2015||Internal Medicine Subspecialty Attending of the Year, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston McGovern Medical School Internal Medicine Residency Training Program|
- Parkes A, Nusrat M, Di Tomasso PM, Davis L, Ogbonnaya S, Iwuorie M, Patel S, Abraham TG, Mack R, Bhadkamkar NA, Ma H, Nazario LA, Ramondetta L, Rosenstock A, Rieber AG. Successful Implementation of a Multidisciplinary Chemotherapy Efficiency Initiative at a Community Hospital. J Oncol Pract 15(6):e576-e582, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30990730.
- Jones D, Cohen L, Rieber AG, Urbauer D, Fellman B, Fisch MJ, Nazario A. Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use in Minority and Medically Underserved Oncology Patients: Assessment and Implications. Integr Cancer Ther 17(2):1534735417735892, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29025275.
- Hui D, Titus A, Curtis T, Ho-Nguyen VT, Frederickson D, Wray C, Granville T, Bruera E, McKee DK, Rieber A. Implementation of the Edmonton Symptom Assessment System for Symptom Distress Screening at a Community Cancer Center: A Pilot Program. Oncologist 22(8):995-1001, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28476945.
- Chahoud J, Rieber AG, Tyring SK. The β-HPV Subtypes-Cornerstone of the Next-Generation Vaccine. JAMA Oncol 3(5):594-595, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27893031.
- Chahoud J, Semaan A, Chen Y, Cao M, Rieber AG, Rady P, Tyring SK. Association Between β-Genus Human Papillomavirus and Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Immunocompetent Individuals-A Meta-analysis. JAMA Dermatol 152(12):1354-1364, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26720285.
- Chahoud J, Semaan A, Rieber A. Wealth, Health Expenditure, and Cancer: A National Perspective. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 14(8):972-8, 2016. PMID: 27496113.
- Zanetti KA, Wang Z, Aldrich M, Amos CI, Blot WJ, Bowman ED, Burdette L, Cai Q, Caporaso N, Chung CC, Gillanders EM, Haiman CA, Hansen HM, Henderson BE, Kolonel LN, Marchand LL, Li S, McNeill LH, Ryan BM, Schwartz AG, Sison JD, Spitz MR, Tucker M, Wenzlaff AS, Wiencke JK, Wilkens L, Wrensch MR, Wu X, Zheng W, Zhou W, Christiani D, Palmer JR, Penning TM, Rieber AG, Rosenberg L, Ruiz-Narvaez EA, Su L, Vachani A, Wei Y, Whitehead AS, Chanock SJ, Harris CC. Genome-wide association study confirms lung cancer susceptibility loci on chromosomes 5p15 and 15q25 in an African-American population. Lung Cancer 98:33-42, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27393504.
- Chahoud J, Semaan A, Rieber A. Counterpoint: Wealth, Health Expenditure, and Cancer-Translating Research Into Efficient Policies. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 14(8):1043, 2016. PMID: 27496120.
- Hoffmann MS, Leslie LA, Jacobs RW, Millas S, Surabhi V, Mok H, Jhaveri P, Kott MM, Jackson L, Rieber A, Bhadkamkar NA. Reducing the Time From Diagnosis to Treatment of Patients With Stage II/III Rectal Cancer at a Large Public Hospital. J Oncol Pract 12(2):e257-62, 2016. PMID: 26869658.
- Delgado-Guay M, Ferrer J, Rieber AG, Rhondali W, Tayjasanant S, Ochoa J, Cantu H, Chisholm G, Williams J, Frisbee-Hume S, Bruera E. Financial Distress and Its Associations With Physical and Emotional Symptoms and Quality of Life Among Advanced Cancer Patients. Oncologist 20(9):1092-8, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26205738.
- Anderson KO, Palos GR, Mendoza TR, Cleeland CS, Liao KP, Fisch MJ, Garcia-Gonzalez A, Rieber AG, Nazario LA, Valero V, Hahn KM, Person CL, Payne R. Automated Pain Intervention for Underserved Minority Women with Breast Cancer. Cancer 121(11):1882-90, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25711974.
- Wray CJ, Phatak UR, Robinson EK, Wiatek RL, Rieber AG, Gonzalez A, Ko TC, Kao LS. The effect of age on race-related breast cancer survival disparities. Ann Surg Oncol 20(8):2541-7, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23435633.
- Theriault RL, Rieber AG. Breast cancer treatment during pregnancy. Womens Health (Lond Engl) 1(2):195-203, 2005. PMID: 19803837.
- Nusrat M, Parkes A, Kieser R, Hu B, Farhat D, Rieber A, Ma H. Standardizing Opioid Prescribing Practices for Cancer-Related Pain Via a Novel Interactive Documentation Template at a Public Hospital. J Oncol Pract:JOP1800789. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31225981.
- Bednar EM, Sun CC, Camacho B, Terrell J, Rieber AG, Ramondetta LM, Freedman RS, Lu KH. Disseminating universal genetic testing to a diverse, indigent patient population at a county hospital gynecologic oncology clinic. Gynecol Oncol. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30528888.
- Rieber AG, Wolff RA. Performance Reviews:Giving Effective Feedback and Accepting Constructive Criticism. ASCO Connection Trainee & Early-Career Oncologists 2(4):10-11, 2015.
- Rieber AG, Theriault RL. Aromatase inhibitors in postmenopausal breast cancer patients. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 3(3):309-314, 2005. PMID: 16002003.
- Gulvin JM, Pass S, De Los Rios P, Ma HY, Rieber AG. Using a Pedigree-based Questionnaire to Improve Efficiency in a General Oncology Genetics Clinic. Journal of Clinical Oncology 36(30):66, 2018.
- Jones AL, Gulvin JM, Butler-Gunn C, Wolff RA, Rieber AG. Creation and implementation of a Chief Ffellow of Quality Improvement in an Oncology Fellowship Program. Journal of Clinical Oncology 36(30):152, 2018.
- Nusrat M, Parkes AM, Hu B, Farhat D, Rieber AG, Ma H. Standardizing opioid prescribing practices for cancer-related pain via a novel interactive documentation template at a public hospital. Journal of Clinical Oncology 35(31):253, 2017.
- Shaw A, Ragon B, Baez L, Rieber AG. Improving patient care through implementation of a QOPI-focused interactive patient note template. J Clin Oncol 35(8_suppl), 2017.
- Woodson AH, Profato JL, Park M, Rizvi SH, Elsayegh N, Rieber AG, Arun BK. Service Delivery Model and Experiences in a Genetics Clinic for an Underserved Population. J Health Care Poor Underserved 26(3):784-91, 2015. PMID: 26320913.
- Chahoud J, Rieber AG, Semaan A. Wealth, health expenditure, and cancer: A national perspective. 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting, 2015.
- Chahoud J, Semaan A, Cao M, Rieber AG. The association between B-genus human papillomavirus and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in immunocompetent individuals: A meta-analysis. 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting, 2015.
- Jones D, Urbauer D, Rieber A, Fisch M, Lee RT, Cohen L, Nazario A. Knowledge of and Interest in Complementary and Alternative Therapies-Results from an Investigational Survey in Minority and Medically Underserved Patients with Cancer. Society of Integrative Oncology Conference, 2014, 2014.
- Jacobs R, Hoffmann MS, Leslie LA, Jackson LW, Rieber AG, Bhadkamkar NA. Reducing the time from diagnosis to treatment of patients with stage II/III rectal cancer at a large county hospital. 2014 ASCO Quality Care Symposium, 2014.
- Rieber AG. How My Cancer Changed My Oncology Practice. 2014 ASCO Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Delgado-Guay MO, Ferrer J, Rieber AG, Rhondali W, Ochoa J, Cantu H, Chisholm GB, Williams JL, Frisbee-Hume S, Bruera E. Frequency, intensity, and correlates of financial distress (FD) among advanced cancer patients (AdCa). 2014 ASCO Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Ky B, Warneke CL, Lenihan DJ, Cheema PS, Moore DF, Campbell MG, Yeshwant C, Adams PT, Krone R, Carver JR, Nasta S, Svoboda J, Schuster SJ, Reddy NM, Patel SM, Rieber AG, Johnson MM, Fisch M. Clinical risk prediction in anthracycline cardiotoxicity. 2014 ASCO Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Ratan R, Ater JL, Rieber AG, Rodriguez MA. Long Term Survivorship in Adult and Pediatric Cancer Survivors. In: MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology. 3rd, 2016.
- Rieber AG, Kim ES. Novel Therapies in Head and Neck Cancer. In: Head and Neck Cancer. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers: India, 859-872, 2009.
|Title:||Implementing Genomically-Informed Personalized Therapy as Standard of Care|
|Title:||Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator|
|Funding Source:||Avon Foundation|
|Title:||Comprehensive Breast Cancer Patient Navigation for the Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital|
|Funding Source:||Avon Foundation|