Meet Anaeze Offodile II, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Executive Director, Clinical Transformation, Division of Office of the Chief Medical Executive, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2017||Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA, MPH, Public Health|
|2008||Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2002||Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA, BS, Biology|
|2017-2018||Clinical Fellowship, Reconstructive Microsurgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2013-2016||Clinical Residency, Plastic Surgery, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, Burlington, MA|
|2008-2013||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA|
|2013||American Board of Surgery|
Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research, Division of OVP, Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2019 - Present
Member, Presidents Advisory Council Plus, Houston, TX, 2019 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Inpatient Care Coordination Team, 2019 - Present
Member, Strategic Innovations Informatics Committee, 2019 - Present
Member, Virtual Care Steering Committee, 2018 - Present
Member, Ambulatory Facilities Strategy Committee, 2018 - Present
Member, HPV Vaccination Initiative Advisory Panel, 2018 - Present
|2019||National Academy of Medicine Gilbert Omenn Fellowship Award, National Academy of Medicine|
|2016||Trainee Scholarship, Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Annual Meeting|
|2016||NIH/NMA Academic Career Fellow, NIH/NMA|
|2016||Howard Beard Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University|
|2015||Resident Leadership Award, Stryker Fellowship and Operation Smile|
|2015||Outstanding Academic Achievement, Lahey Clinic|
|2015||Best Poster, 94th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)|
|2015||Leadership & Advocacy Summit Travel Scholarship, American College of Surgeons|
|2006||Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship, Doris Duke Charitable Foundation|
|2002||Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society, Kent State University|
|2002||Institutional Diversity Academic Scholarship, Kent State University|
|2001||Honors Academic Achievement Award, Kent State University|
|2000||Hulda G. Smith Academic Achievement Award, Kent State University|
|2000||Ebony Achievement Award, Kent State University|
|1999||Dean's List, Kent State University|
- Huey RW, Hawk E, Offodile AC 2nd. Mind the Gap: Precision Oncology and Its Potential to Widen Disparities. J Oncol Pract 15(6):301-304, 2019.
- Offodile AC, Boukovalas S, Muldoon L, Lee CN. Assessing the Quality of Microvascular Breast Reconstruction Performed in the Urban Safety-Net Setting - A Doubly Robust Regression Analysis. Plast Reconstr Surg 143(2):361-370, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30489498.
- Coroneos CJ, Selber JC, Offodile AC, Butler CE, Clemens MW. US FDA Breast Implant Postapproval Studies: Long-term Outcomes in 99,993 Patients. Ann Surg 269(1):30-36, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30222598.
- Offodile AC, Gu C, Boukovalas S, Coroneos CJ, Chatterjee A, Largo RD, Butler C. Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) pathways in breast reconstruction: systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature. Breast Cancer Res Treat 173(1):65-77, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30306426.
- Offodile AC, Mehtsun W, Stimson CJ, Aloia T. An Overview of Bundled Payments for Surgical Oncologists: Origins, Progress to Date, Terminology, and Future Directions. Ann Surg Oncol 26(1):3-7, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30411272.
- Cerullo M, Lee C, Offodile AC. Effect of Regional Hospital Market Competition on Use Patterns of Free Flap Breast Reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg 142(6):1438-1446, 2018. PMID: 30489515.
- Canner JK, Harfouch O, Kodadek LM, Pelaez D, Coon D, Offodile AC 2nd, Haider AH, Lau BD. Temporal Trends in Gender-Affirming Surgery Among Transgender Patients in the United States. JAMA Surg 153(7):609-616, 2018. PMID: 29490365.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Lee CN. Future Directions for Breast Reconstruction on the 20th Anniversary of the Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act. JAMA Surg 153(7):605-606, 2018. PMID: 29801051.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Chou HY, Lin JA, Loh CYY, Chang KP, Aycart MA, Kao HK. Hyperglycemia and risk of adverse outcomes following microvascular reconstruction of oncologic head and neck defects. Oral Oncol 79:15-19, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29598945.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Clemens MW. Decisions and Incisions: The Role of Choice Architecture in Surgical Decision Making. Aesthet Surg J 38(5):575-577, 2018. PMID: 29370334.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Aycart MA, Segal JB. Comparative Effectiveness of Preoperative Paravertebral Block for Post-Mastectomy Reconstruction: A Systematic Review of the Literature. Ann Surg Oncol 25(3):818-828, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29260419.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Lin JA, Chang KP, Abdelrahman M, Kou HW, Loh CYY, Aycart MA, Kao HK. Anterolateral Thigh Flap Combined with Reconstruction Plate Versus Double Free Flaps for Composite Mandibular Reconstruction: A Propensity Score-Matched Study. Ann Surg Oncol 25(3):829-836, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29288289.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Muldoon LD, Gani F, Canner JK, Jacobs LK. The site of care matters: An examination of the relationship between high Medicaid burden hospitals and the use, cost, and complications of immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy. Cancer 124(2):346-355, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29044475.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Sheckter CC, Tucker A, Watzker A, Ottino K, Zammert M, Padula WV. Preoperative paravertebral blocks for the management of acute pain following mastectomy: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat 165(3):477-484, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28677010.
- Nitzschke S, Offodile AC 2nd, Cauley RP, Frankel JE, Beam A, Elias KM, Gibbons FK, Salim A, Christopher KB. Long term mortality in critically ill burn survivors. Burns 43(6):1155-1162, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28606748.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Aherrera A, Wenger J, Rajab TK, Guo L. Impact of increasing operative time on the incidence of early failure and complications following free tissue transfer? A risk factor analysis of 2,008 patients from the ACS-NSQIP database. Microsurgery 37(1):12-20, 2017. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25752264.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Chen B, Aherrera AS, Guo L. Microporous Polysaccharide Hemospheres Potentiate Ischemia-Induced Skin Flap Necrosis in a Murine Model. Plast Reconstr Surg 139(1):59e-66e, 2017. PMID: 28027233.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Chang KP, Chen HH, Loesch E, Hung SY, Kao HK. Feasibility and Outcomes of the Third or More Episodes of Sequential Microvascular Reconstruction for Recurrent or Second Primary Oral Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 23(11):3765-3772, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27207095.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Guo L. Disparate British Breast Reconstruction Utilization: Is Universal Coverage Sufficient to Ensure Expanded Care?. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 4(6):e738, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27482486.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Wenger J, Guo L. Relationship Between Comorbid Conditions and Utilization Patterns of Immediate Breast Reconstruction Subtypes Post-mastectomy. Breast J 22(3):310-5, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26843478.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Abraham JA, Guo L. Mesh reconstruction of the inguinal ligament with bone anchors following radical oncologic excision: a case series. Hernia 19(6):1005-9, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24797637.
- Chatterjee A, Macarios D, Griffin L, Kosowski T, Pyfer BJ, Offodile AC 2nd, Driscoll D, Maddali S, Attwood J. Cost-Utility Analysis: Sartorius Flap versus Negative Pressure Therapy for Infected Vascular Groin Graft Managment. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 3(11):e566, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26893991.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Pathak A, Wenger J, Orgill DP, Guo L. Prevalence and Patient-Level Risk Factors for 30-Day Readmissions Following Free Tissue Transfer for Head and Neck Cancer. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 141(9):783-9, 2015. PMID: 26204558.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Aherrera AS, Wenger J, Tsai T, Orgill DP, Guo L. Impact of Specialty Training on the Association between Flap Size and Incidence of Complications following Microvascular Head and Neck Reconstruction for Cancer. J Reconstr Microsurg 31(5):348-54, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25769086.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Tsai TC, Wenger JB, Guo L. Racial disparities in the type of postmastectomy reconstruction chosen. J Surg Res 195(1):368-76, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25676466.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Chatterjee A, Vallejo S, Fisher CS, Tchou JC, Guo L. A cost-utility analysis of the use of preoperative computed tomographic angiography in abdomen-based perforator flap breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg 135(4):662e-9e, 2015. PMID: 25517410.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Prigerson H, Craft R, Liu A, Guo L. Impact of Personality Traits on Choice and Perceptions of Autologous Breast Reconstruction. Journal of Reconstr Microsurg 31:139-144, 2015.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Aherrera A, Guo L. Risk factors associated with prolonged postoperative stay following free tissue transfer: an analysis of 2425 patients from the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program database. Plast Reconstr Surg 134(6):1323-32, 2014. PMID: 25415097.
- Rajab TK, Kimonis KO, Ali E, Offodile AC 2nd, Brady M, Bleday R. Practical implications of postoperative adhesions for preoperative consent and operative technique. Int J Surg 11(9):753-6, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23962663.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Balik E, Hoffman A, Moon V, Baxter R, Grieco M, Moradi D, Kim IY, Nasar A, Cekic V, Feingold DL, Arnell TD, Huang E, Whelan RL. Is there a role for a strict incision length criterion for determining conversions during laparoscopic colorectal resection?. Surg Innov 17(2):120-6, 2010. PMID: 20504788.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Feingold DL, Nasar A, Whelan RL, Arnell TD. High incidence of technical errors involving the EEA circular stapler: a single institution experience. J Am Coll Surg 210(3):331-5, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20193897.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Okafor P, Shaikh SN, Lautz D, Thompson CC. Duodenal obstruction due to erosion and migration of an adjustable gastric band: a novel endoscopic approach to management. Surg Obes Relat Dis 6(2):206-8, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20359671.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Lee SW, Yoo J, Whelan RL, Moradi D, Baxter R, Arnell TD, Nasar A, Sonoda T, Milsom JW, Feingold DL. Does prior abdominal surgery influence conversion rates and outcomes of laparoscopic right colectomy in patients with neoplasia?. Dis Colon Rectum 51(11):1669-74, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18622643.
- Offodile AC 2nd, Hodgin JB, Arnell T. Asymptomatic intussusception of the appendix secondary to endometriosis. Am Surg 73(3):299-301, 2007. PMID: 17375794.
- Sheckter CC, Matros E, Lee GK, Selber JC, Offodile AC. Applying a value-based care framework to post-mastectomy reconstruction. Breast Cancer Res Treat 175(3):547-551. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30937659.
- Coroneos CJ, Offodile AC, Voineskos SH, Avram R. Interpreting the Results of Meta-Analyses in Plastic Surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg 143(6):1317e-1318e. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30907791.
|Title:||Unpacking the Impact of Vertical Integration on Practice Patterns & Behaviors of Procedural Clinicians|
|Funding Source:||Health Care Service Corporation (Blue Cross Blue Shield of TX, IL, OK, MN, NM) Affordability Cures Research Grant|
|Title:||Financial Toxicity in Patients Undergoing Post-Mastectomy Reconstruction– a Prospective Multi-Institutional Study|
|Funding Source:||MD Anderson Cancer Network Sister Institution Network Fund (SINF)|