About Dr. Wong
Dr. Wong received her medical education at Texas Tech Health Sciences School of Medicine in Lubbock, TX (2010). She completed training in Family Medicine (2013) Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program in Sugar Land, TX and Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital in Houston, TX and Palliative Medicine at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX (2014).
She is board certified in Family Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Her research interests include multi-dimensional approach to pain management, trainee education in palliative care, and barriers to access to palliative care.
Assistant Professor, Department of Palliative, Rehabilitation, & Integrative Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2010||Texas Tech University Health and Science Center School of Medicine, Lubbock, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2006||University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Nutritional Science|
|2010-2013||Family Medicine Residency, Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program, Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital, Houston, TX|
|2014||Hospice and Palliative Medicine|
|2014||American Board of Family Medicine|
Instructor, Department of Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2015 - 2016
Chair, American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine-Education, Phoenix, AZ, 2017 - Present
Memeber, 2018 Fellow Selection Committee, The University of MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2016 - 2016
Chief Resident, Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2013
Member, Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program, Admissions Committee, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2013
Member, Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program, Curriculum Committee, Houston, 2012 - 2013
Coordinator, Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program, Admissions Committee, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2012
Institutional Committee Activities
Chair, Clinical Competency Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, Program Evaluation Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, Board Review Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, 2015 Interdisciplinary Conference Planning Committee, 2014 - Present
- Yennurajalingam S, Tannir NM, Williams JL, Lu Z, Hess KR, Frisbee-Hume S, House HL, Lim ZD, Lim KH, Lopez G, Reddy A, Azhar A, Wong A, Patel SM, Kuban DA, Kaseb AO, Cohen L, Bruera E. A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Panax Ginseng for Cancer-Related Fatigue in Patients With Advanced Cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 15(9):1111-1120, 2017. PMID: 28874596.
- Reddy A, Vidal M, Stephen S, Baumgartner K, Dost S, Nguyen A, Heung Y, Kwan S, Wong A, Pangemanan I, Azhar A, Tayjasanant S, Rodriguez E, Waletich J, Lim KH, Wu J, Liu D, Williams J, Yennurajalingam S, Bruera E. The Conversion Ratio From Intravenous Hydromorphone to Oral Opioids in Cancer Patients. J Pain Symptom Manage 54(3):280-288, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28711751.
- Azhar A, Haider A, Naqvi S, Wong A, Cerana M, Adabala M, Balankari V, Liu D, Dibaj S, Williams J, Bruera E. Frequency of concomitant use of opioids and psychoactive medications among cancer patients referred to outpatient palliative care at a comprehensive cancer center. J Clinical Onocology, 2017.
- Dev R, Wong A, Bruera E. Cancer Cachexia - Past, Present, and Future. Oncology, 2016.
- Wong A. Attitudes, Beliefs, and Awareness of Graduate Medical Education Trainees Regarding Palliative Care at a Comprehensive Cancer Center. J Oncol Pract:149-150, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26787756.
- Reddy A, Tayjasanant S, Haider A, Heung Y, Wu J, Liu D, Yennurajalingam S, Reddy S, de la Cruz M, Rodriguez EM, Waletich J, Vidal M, Arthur J, Holmes C, Tallie K, Wong A, Dev R, Williams J, Bruera E. The opioid rotation ratio of strong opioids to transdermal fentanyl in cancer patients. Cancer 122(1):149-56, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26451687.
- Kwon JH, Tanco K, Park JC, Wong A, Seo L, Liu D, Chisholm G, Williams J, Hui D, Bruera E. Frequency, Predictors, and Medical Record Documentation of Chemical Coping Among Advanced Cancer Patients. Oncologist 20(6):692-7, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25933929.
- Wong A, Reddy A, Wu J, Liu D, Bruera E.. Investigating the role of body mass index (BMI) and serum albumin in the conversion ratio (CR) of other strong opioids to transdermal fentanyl (TDF) in cancer patients. J Cachexia, Sarcopenia Muscle, 2015.
- Wong,A, Reddy,A, Wu,J, Liu,D, Bruera,E. Attitudes and beliefs of graduate medical trainees regarding palliative care at a comprehensive cancer center. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting 33(No 15S May 20 Supplement), 2015. e-Pub 2015.
- Kwon JH, Tanco K, Park JC, Wong A, Seo L, Liu D, Chisholm G, Williams J, Hui D, Bruera E. Frequency, Predictors and Medical Record Documentation of Chemical Coping Among Advanced Cancer Patients. Support Care Center(23 (Suppl 1)):S1-S388, 2015.
- Wong A, Reddy S.. Pain Assessment and Management. In: Oxford American Handbook of Hospice and Palliative Care. 2nd. Oxford University Press: New York, 2016.
- Wong A. Hospice Services. In: The MD Anderson Supportive & Palliative Care Handbook. 5th, 147-153, 2015.
- Wong A, Reddy S, Abdi S.. Overview of Pain in Palliative Medicine. In: The Art and Science of Palliative Medicine. AME Publishing Company: China, 2014.
- Wong A, Reddy S.. Palliative Care and End of Life Options for Patients with Endometrial Cancer. In: Uterine Malignancy: Diagnosis & Treatment. Springer Publishing Company: India.