About Dr. Kushwaha
Dr. Anne C. Kushwaha was raised in Houston, attended Dartmouth College, graduated top of her class at The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Medical School. She completed her radiology residency at L.A. County/USC then returned to Houston as the first breast imaging fellow at MD Anderson Cancer Center in 1998. From1998-2005, she was an Assistant Professor at MD Anderson Cancer Center of their Breast Fellowship Program. Her research was on Inflammatory Breast Cancer and Radiology-Pathology correlation of biopsy findings. From 2005-2014, she was in the Houston area in a private practice breast only group where she participated in tomosynthesis/3D mammography research. She has been interpreting tomosynthesis/3D mammography since 2006.
Dr. Kushwaha returned to MD Anderson in 2014 as an Associate Professor of the Breast Imaging Section in the Department of Diagnostic Radiology. She practices at Memorial Hermann Upper Kirby Breast Center, Memorial Hermann Southwest Memorial Breast Center and Memorial Hermann Bobetta Lindig Memorial City Breast Center
Associate Professor, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Developing a high risk screening for hereditary breast cancer syndromes at MD Anderson and Memorial Hermann Breast Services
Proper evaluation of breast pain
Inflammatory Breast Cancer
Management of High Risk lesions
Cost Effectiveness of Current Breast Practices
Screening for Hereditary Breast Cancer
Use of 3D Mammography in clinical practice
Assisting MD Anderson expand Breast Imaging Services to the Houston Community
|1992||The University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1988||Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA, BA, Art History|
|1998-1998||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1993-1997||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA|
|1992-1993||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Huntington Hospital, Pasadena, CA|
|1997||American Board of Radiology|
- Rose SL, Tidwell AL, Bujnoch LJ, Kushwaha AC, Nordmann AS, Sexton R. Implementation of breast tomosynthesis in a routine screening practice: an observational study. AJR Am J Roentgenol 200(6):1401-8, 2013. PMID: 23701081.
- Yang WT, Lai CJ, Whitman GJ, Murphy WA, Dryden MJ, Kushwaha AC, Sahin AA, Johnston D, Dempsey PJ, Shaw CC. Comparison of full-field digital mammography and screen-film mammography for detection and characterization of simulated small masses. American Journal of Roentgenology 187(6):W576-81, 2006. PMID: 17114508.
- Erguvan-Dogan B, Whitman GJ, Kushwaha AC, Phelps MJ, Dempsey PJ. BI-RADS-MRI: a primer. American Journal of Roentgenology 187(2):W152-60, 2006. PMID: 16861504.
- Yang WT, Whitman GJ, Johnson MM, Bolanos-Clark M, Kushwaha AC, Hunt KK, Dempsey PJ. Needle localization for excisional biopsy of breast lesions: comparison of effect of use of full-field digital versus screen-film mammographic guidance on procedure time. Radiology 231(1):277-81, 2004. PMID: 15068954.
- Kushwaha AC, O'Toole M, Sneige N, Stelling CB, Dryden MJ. Mammographic-pathologic correlation of apocrine metaplasia diagnosed using vacuum-assisted stereotactic core-needle biopsy: our 4-year experience. American Journal of Roentgenology 180(3):795-8, 2003. PMID: 12591698.
- Baker TP, Lenert JT, Parker J, Kemp B, Kushwaha AC, Evans G, Hunt KK. Lactating adenoma: a diagnosis of exclusion. Breast J 7(5):354-7, 2001. PMID: 11906446.
- Kushwaha AC, Whitman GJ, Stelling CB, Cristofanilli M, Buzdar AU. Primary inflammatory carcinoma of the breast: retrospective review of mammographic findings. American Journal of Roentgenology 174(2):535-8, 2000. PMID: 10658737.
- Krishnamurthy R, Whitman GJ, Stelling CB, Kushwaha AC. Mammographic findings after breast conservation therapy. Radiographic 19 Spec No:S53-62; quiz S262-3, 1999. PMID: 10517443.
- Whitman GJ, Venable SL, Stelling CB, Kushwaha AC, Harrington A, Lifshitz O. Process mapping boosts mammography's efficiency and quality. Diagnostic Imaging (San Franc) 21(9):53-5, 1999. PMID: 10623318.
- Whitman GJ, Kushwaha AC, Cristofanilli M, Dempsey, PJ, Slack, HK, Stelling CB. Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Seminars in Breast Disease 4:122-131, 2001.
- Whitman GJ, Kushwaha AC, Cristofanilli M, Dempsey, PJ, Slack HK, Stelling CB.. Inflammatory breast cancer: current imaging perspectives. Seminars in Breast Disease 4:122-131, 2001.
- Kushwaha AC, Whitman GJ, Williamson JD. Radiologic-Pathologic Conferences of the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Mucinous Carcinoma of the Breast. AJR 173(2), 1999. PMID: 10430121.
- Whitman GJ, Gilmore A, Lyer RB, Delpasand ES, Mirza NQ, Slack H, Kushwaha AC, Wong FC, Fenstermacher MJ, Cristofanilli M. Magnetic resonance imaging and technetium 99M sestamibi imaging of inflammatory breast carcinoma: findings at the time of presentation and after chemotherapy. American Roentgen Ray Society, 2002.
- Whitman GJ, Dryden MJ, Stephens TW, Arribas E, Selinko V, Yang WT, Kushwaha AC, Dempsey PJ. Sonographic findings after Breast conservation therapy. Radiological Society of North America Educational Exhibit, Chicago, 2002.
- Whitman GJ, Kushwaha AC, Monsees BS, Stelling CB. Breast Imaging. Proceedings of the 29th National Conference on Breast Cancer, San Francisco, CA, 2000.
- Dryden M, Whitman GJ, Sellin AV, Kushwaha AC, Samuels BI, Stelling CB. Effect of unopposed estrogen on the untreated breast in women with history of breast cancer. Radiology 217:447, 2000.
- Whitman GJ, Stelling CB, Kushwaha AC, Page D, Liu X, Shaw C. Digital specimen radiography following stereotactic breast. ARRS, Washington, D.C. American Journal of Roentgenology 174(S):24-25, 2000.
- Krishnamurthy R, Whitman GJ, Stelling CB, Kushwaha AC, Delpasand ES, Hunt KK, Feig BW, Sahin AA.. Mammographicall-guided sentinel lymph node mapping techniques. Radiology 213, 1999.