About Dr. Raval
Dr. Raval graduated from Makerere University Medical School, Uganda at the top of his class in 1971 and after internship completed Radiology training at University of Toronto affiliated Hospitals in 1977.
Dr. Raval has served as faculty in Radiology at University of Western Ontario, Canada (1978-1983) and University of Texas Medical School at Houston (1983-2005) rising to the rank of Professor in Radiology. He joined UTMD Anderson Cancer Center in the section of Abdominal Imaging in 2005.
He is passionate about teaching medical students, residents and fellows. He has participated as invited faculty in national and international conferences on Oncologic Imaging.
Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Adjunct Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Adjunct Professor, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging, The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX
Conventional vs Cross sectional imaging technics, Physician Quality Improvement
Imaging of GI and GU malignancy; Radiology Education
|1971||Makerere University, Kampala, UGA, MB, ChB, Medicine|
|1977-1977||Clinical Fellowship, Ultrasound, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto|
|1974-1977||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Toronto Affiliated Hospitals, Toronto|
|1973-1974||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Wellesley Hospital, Toronto|
|1972-1973||Rotating Internship, St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto|
|1977||Diplomate of American Board of Radiology|
|2003||Fellowship, American College of Radiology|
- Tan CH, Bhosale PR, Das P, Crane CH, Viswanathan C, Raval B, Eng C, Iyer RB. Multidetector computed tomography follow-up of hypoattenuating small liver lesions in patients with rectal cancer. Am J Clin Oncol 34(4):411-6, 2011. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20686401.
- Picolos MK, Nooka A, Davis AB, Raval B, Orlander PR. Bilateral adrenal hemorrhage: an overlooked cause of hypotension. J Emerg Med 32(2):167-169, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17307626.
- Thompson SK, Goldman SM, Shah KB, Chen PC, Wagner LK, Corl FM, Raval BK, Sheth S, Fishman EK, Sandler CM. Acute non-traumatic maternal illnesses in pregnancy: imaging approaches. Emerg Radiol 11(4):199-212, 2005. PMID: 16133605.
- Adham WK, Raval B, Uzquiano MC, Lemos LB. Best cases from the AFIP: bilateral testicular tumors: seminoma and mixed germ cell tumor. Radiographics 25(3):835-839, 2005. PMID: 15888629.
- Boccalandro F, Cohen A, Raval B, Muench A, Achour H, Carter C, Underwood C, Smalling RW. Superiority of endovascular grafts compared to bare metal stents with transstent coil embolization for endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in patients at high risk for surgery. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 64(3):283-290, 2005. PMID: 15736244.
- West OC, Anderson J, Lee JS, Finnell CW, Raval BK. Patterns of diagnostic error in trauma abdominal CT. Emerg Radiol 9(4):195-200, 2002. e-Pub 2002. PMID: 15290562.
- Tamm EP, Raval B, Huynh PT. Evaluation of the quality of self-education mammography material available for patients on the Internet. Acad Radiol 7(3):137-141, 2000. PMID: 10730807.
- Tamm EP, Raval B, West OC, Dinwiddie S, Holmes R. Evaluating the impact of workstation usage on radiology report times in the initial 6 months following installation. J Digit Imaging 12(2 Suppl 1):152-154, 1999. PMID: 10342197.
- Kawashima A, Sandler CM, Ernst RD, Goldman SM, Raval B, Fishman EK. Renal inflammatory disease: the current role of CT. Crit Rev Diagn Imaging 38(5):369-415, 1997. PMID: 9391748.
- Kawashima A, Sandler CM, Goldman SM, Raval BK, Fishman EK. CT of renal inflammatory disease. Radiographics 17(4):851-866; discussion 867-878, 1997. PMID: 9225387.
- Mukhi S, Viswanathan C, Charnsangavej C, Raval B. Multidetector CT depiction of radiological anatomy and diseases involving the transverse mesocolon. American Roentgen Ray Society 106th Annual Meeting, AJR Am J Roentgenol 186(4 Suppl), 2006.
- Guthrie A, Raval B. Complications of intestinal tubes used for feeding and decompression. Radiological Society of North America 89th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, 2003.
- Shah K, Thompson S, Goldman S, Raval B, Sheth S, Corl F, et al. Acute non-traumatic maternal illnesses in pregnancy: imaging approaches. Radiological Society of North America 88th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, 2002.
- Raval B, Pollock RE, Guadagnolo A, Patel S. Primary retroperitoneal tumors. In: Oncologic Imaging: A Multidisciplinary Approach, Expert Consult. Elsevier/Saunders: Philadelphia, 403-421, 2012.
- Bronstein Y, Overman MJ, Raval B, Silverman PM. Small bowel malignant tumors. In: Oncologic Imaging: A Multidisciplinary Approach, Expert Consult. Elsevier/Saunders: Philadelphia, 247-265, 2012.
Books (edited and written)
- Raval B, Yeakley JW, Harris JH Jr. Normal Anatomy for Multiplanar Imaging: Head, Neck, and Spine. Williams & Wilkins: Baltimore, 1987.
- Raval B, Yeakley JW, Harris JH Jr. Normal Anatomy for Multiplanar Imaging: The Trunk and Extremities. Williams & Wilkins: Baltimore, 1987.