Assistant Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2008||Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2016-2017||Clinical Fellowship, Department of Pathology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA|
|2015-2016||Clinical Fellowship, Department of Clinical Pathology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI|
|2011-2015||Clinical Residency, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX|
|2008-2009||Clinical Internship, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaiser Permanente Medical Group (Northern California/Oakland), Oakland, CA|
|2017||American Board of Pathology - Molecular Genetic Pathology|
|2016||American Board of Pathology - Chemical Pathology|
|2015||American Board of Pathology - Clinical Pathology|
- Chang BN, Smith MP. A Case of Unusual Drug Screening Results. Clin Chem 63(5):958-961, 2017. PMID: 28455300.
- Castillo B, Chang BN, Wahed A, Tholpady A. A Rare Case of Acquired Fanconi's Syndrome With Monoclonal Gammopathy in an Infant. J Clin Lab Anal 30(5):510-2, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26511199.
- Chen L, Welsh KJ, Chang B, Kidd L, Kott M, Zare M, Carroll K, Nguyen A, Wahed A, Tholpady A, Pung N, McKee D, Risin SA, Hunter RL. Algorithmic Approach With Clinical Pathology Consultation Improves Access to Specialty Care for Patients With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Am J Clin Pathol 146(3):312-8, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27510715.
- Risin SA, Chang BN, Welsh KJ, Kidd LR, Moreno V, Chen L, Tholpady A, Wahed A, Nguyen N, Kott M, Hunter RL. Exploring New Ways to Deliver Value to Healthcare Organizations: Algorithmic Testing, Data Integration, and Diagnostic E-consult Service. Ann Clin Lab Sci 45(3):239-47, 2015. PMID: 26116586.
- Chang B, Huang RS, Dasgupta A, Nguyen N, Wahed A. Prevalence of Howell-Jolly body-like inclusions in HIV patients and their correlation with CD4 counts and HIV RNA viral load. Ann Clin Lab Sci 45(1):23-6, 2015. PMID: 25696006.
- Chang B, Tholpady A, Huang RS, Nedelcu E, Bai Y. Clinical and serological responses following plasmapheresis in bullous pemphigoid: two case reports and a review of the literature. Blood Transfus 12(2):269-75, 2014. PMID: 24931844.
- Huang RS, Oleske DA, Tholpady A, Chang BN, Dasgupta A, Nguyen A, Wahed A. High false-positive rate for monoclonal gammopathy using capillary electrophoresis (CAPILLARYS 2) alone. J Clin Lab Anal 28(1):42-6, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24375896.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Chang BN, Sykes E. Protein Abnormalities in Disease. In: Monographs in Clinical Diagnosis: Family and Community Medicine, www.TelemedEdu.org (eBook), 2016.
- Sande CM, Chang B, Monga V, Ma D. Biallelic TP53 Gain of Function Mutations in Rapid Progressing Solid Tumors and Correlating Immunohistochemistry. J Mol Diagn 19(6):1013, 2017.
- Chang B, Sykes E, Macumber A, Dixon SR, Simkowski K. Alteration and association of galectin-3 levels in STEMI patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention. Clin Chem 62(10):S20, 2016.
- Chang B, Golardi N, Kott ML. Improving the clinical and cost efficiency of peripheral blood smear review. Am J Clin Pathol(142 (suppl)):A081, 2014.
- Chang B, Klein K, Hlaing T, Ling M, Sieg A, Wahed A, Nedelcu E, Nguyen N, Nathan S, Bai Y. Biopsy and donor specific antibody trends associated with plasmapheresis for antibody mediated rejection in heart transplantation. Transfusion 54(S2):126A-127A, 2014.
- Chang B, Bai Y. Mixed autoimmune hemolytic anemia in a 13 year-old female successfully treated with steroids, IVIg, and plasmapheresis. Am J Clin Pathol(140 (suppl)):A032, 2013.
- Chang B, Bai Y. Obstetric outcomes in sickle cell disease patients receiving chronic red blood cell exchange. Transfusion 53(S2):113A, 2013.
- Chang B, Tholpady A, Crumley S, Bai Y, Nedelcu E. Clinical and serologic response following plasma exchange in bullous pemphigoid. Transfusion 52(S3):112A-113A, 2012.