Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research, Division of Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2009||Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA, PHD, Economics|
|2007||Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA, MS, Statistics|
Assistant Professor, Department of Biostatistics, Division of Quantitative Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - Present
Assistant Professor, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 2009 - 2011
- Halperin DM, Shen C, Dasari A, Xu Y, Chu Y, Zhou S, Shih YT, Yao JC. Frequency of carcinoid syndrome at neuroendocrine tumour diagnosis: a population-based study. Lancet Oncol 18 (4) :525-534, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28238592.
- Huo J, Shen C, Volk RJ, Shih YT. Use of CT and Chest Radiography for Lung Cancer Screening Before and After Publication of Screening Guidelines: Intended and Unintended Uptake. JAMA Intern Med 177 (3) :439-441, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28135349.
- Ajmera M, Shen C, Sambamoorthi U. Association Between Statin Medications and COPD-Specific Outcomes: A Real-World Observational Study. Drugs Real World Outcomes 4 (1) :9-19, 2017. PMID: 27943058.
- Zhao L, Zhou S, Balter P, Shen C, Gomez DR, Welsh JD, Lin SH, Chang JY. Planning Target Volume D95 and Mean Dose Should Be Considered for Optimal Local Control for Stereotactic Ablative Radiation Therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 95 (4) :1226-35, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27209498.
- Bhattacharya R, Shen C, Wachholtz AB, Dwibedi N, Sambamoorthi U. Depression treatment decreases healthcare expenditures among working age patients with comorbid conditions and type 2 diabetes mellitus along with newly-diagnosed depression. BMC Psychiatry 16 (1) :247, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27431801.
- Zhao L, Zhou S, Shen C, Balter P, Gomez D, Welsh J, Lin SH, Chang JY. Long-term outcome of phase I/II prospective study of dose-escalated proton therapy for early-stage non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 95 (4) :1226-35, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27209498.
- Shen C, Xu Y, Dasari A, Shih YC, Yao JC. Octreotide LAR Dosage and Survival Among Elderly Patients With Distant-Stage Neuroendocrine Tumors. Oncologist 21 (3) :308-13, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26911407.
- Shen C, Tina Shih YC. Therapeutic substitutions in the midst of new technology diffusion: The case of treatment for localized prostate cancer. Soc Sci Med 151:110-20, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26799678.
- Kehl KL, Shen C, Litton JK, Arun B, Giordano SH. Rates of BRCA1/2 mutation testing among young survivors of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 155 (1) :165-73, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26706041.
- Garg R, Shen C, Sambamoorthi N, Kelly K, Sambamoorthi U. Type of Multimorbidity and Patient-Doctor Communication and Trust among Elderly Medicare Beneficiaries. Int J Family Med 2016:8747891, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27800181.
- Shen C, Shih YC, Xu Y, Yao JC. Octreotide LAR among elderly patients with neuroendocrine tumors: A Survival analysis of SEER-Medicare data. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 24 (11) :1656-65, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26315553.
- Klein R, Shen C, Vella F. Estimation of marginal effects in semiparametric selection models with binary outcomes. Journal of Econometrics 185 (1) :82-94, 2015.
- Bhattacharya R, Shen C, Sambamoorthi U. Depression and ambulatory care sensitive hospitalizations among Medicare beneficiaries with chronic physical conditions. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 36 (5) :460-5, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24999083.
- Shen C, Shih YC, Xu Y, Yao JC. Octreotide long-acting repeatable use among elderly patients with carcinoid syndrome and survival outcomes: A population-based analysis. Cancer 120 (13) :2039-49, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24676892.
- Eberth JM, Xu Y, Smith GL, Shen Y, Jiang J, Buchholz TA, Hunt KK, Black DM, Giordano SH, Whitman GJ, Yang W, Shen C, Elting L, Smith BD. Surgeon Influence on Use of Needle Biopsy in Patients With Breast Cancer: A National Medicare Study. J Clin Oncol 32 (21) :2206-16, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24912900.
- Smieliauskas F, Chien CR, Shen C, Geynisman DM, Shih YC. Cost-effectiveness analyses of targeted oral anti-cancer drugs: a systematic review. Pharmacoeconomics 32 (7) :651-80, 2014. PMID: 24821281.
- Shen C, Chien CR, Geynisman DM, Smieliauskas F, Shih YC. A Review of Economic Impact of Targeted Oral Anticancer Medications. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 14 (1) :45-69, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24378038.
- Bhattacharya R, Shen C, Sambamoorthi U. Excess risk of chronic physical conditions associated with depression and anxiety. BMC Psychiatry 14:10, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24433257.
- Ajmera M, Raval AD, Shen C, Sambamoorthi U. Explaining the increased health care expenditures associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease among elderly Medicare beneficiaries with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a cost-decomposition analysis. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2014 (9) :339-348, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24748785.
- Geynisman DM, Chien CR, Smieliauskas F, Shen C, Shih YC. Economic evaluation of therapeutic cancer vaccines and immunotherapy: a systematic review. Hum Vaccin Immunother 10 (11) :3415-24, 2014. PMID: 25483656.
- Ajmera M, Shen C, Pan X, Findley PA, Rust G, Sambamoorthi U. Inhaled anticholinergic use and all-cause mortality among elderly Medicare beneficiaries with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 8:287-94, 2013.
- Shen C. Determinants of Health Care Decisions: Insurance, Utilization, and Expenditures. Review of Economics and Statistics 95 (1) :142-153, 2013.
- Shen C, Shah N, Findley PA, Sambamoorthi U. Depression treatment and short-term healthcare expenditures among elderly Medicare beneficiaries with chronic physical conditions. J Negat Results Biomed 12 (1) :15, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24148758.
- Shen C, Sambamoorthi U. Associations between Health-related Quality of Life and Financial Barriers to Care among Women Veterans and Women Non-veterans. Women Health 52 (1) :1-17, 2012. PMID: 22324355.
- Findley PA, Shen C, Sambamoorthi U. Depression Treatment Patterns among Elderly with Cancer. Depress Res Treat 2012:676784, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22970357.
- Findley P, Shen C, Sambamoorthi U. Multimorbidity and persistent depression among veterans with diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. Health Soc Work 36 (2) :109-19, 2011. PMID: 21661300.
- Sambamoorthi U, Shen C, Findley P, Frayne S, Banerjea R. Depression Treatment Patterns among Women Veterans with Cardiovascular Conditions or Diabetes. World Psychiatry 9 (3) :177-182, 2010. PMID: 20975865.
- Shen C, Findley P, Banerjea R, Sambamoorthi U. Depressive Disorders Among Cohorts of Women Veterans with Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Hypertension. J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19 (8) :1475-1486, 2010. PMID: 20583958.
- Klein R, Shen C. Bias Corrections in Testing and Estimating Semiparametric, Single Index Models. Econometric Theory 26 (6) :1683-1718, 2010.
- Shen C, Sambamoorthi U, Rust G. Co-occurring mental illness and health care utilization and expenditures in adults with obesity and chronic physical illness. Dis Manag 11 (3) :153-60, 2008. PMID: 18564027.
- Wiener RC, Shen C, Sambamoorthi N, Sambamoorthi U. Preventive dental care in older adults with diabetes. J Am Dent Assoc. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27189741.
- Wiener RC, Shen C, Sambamoorthi U, Findley PA. Rural Veterans’ Dental Utilization, BRFSS, 2014. Journal of Public Health Dentistry.
- Shih YT, Shen C, Hu JC. Do Robotic Surgical Systems Improve Profit Margins? A Cross-Sectional Analysis of California Hospitals. Value in Health.
- Shen C, Chu Y, Halperin DM, Dasari A, Zhou S, Xu Y, Yao JC, Shih YT. Carcinoid syndrome and costs of care during the first year after diagnosis of neuroendocrine tumors among elderly patients. Oncologist. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28642335.
- Garg R, Shen C, Sambamoorthi N, Sambamoorthi U. Type of Multimorbidity and Propensity to Seek Care among Elderly Medicare Beneficiaries. Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice.
- Dasari A, Shen C, Halperin D, Zhao B, Zhou S, Xu Y, Shih T, Yao JC. Trends in the Incidence, Prevalence, and Survival Outcomes in Patients With Neuroendocrine Tumors in the United States. JAMA Oncol. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28448665.
- Wiener RC, Shen C, Findley PA, Sambamoorthi U, Tan X. The Association between Diabetes, Sugar Sweetened Beverages and Tooth Loss in Adults: Evidence from 18 States. Journal of the American Dental Association.
- Zhou S, Torres KE, Phan L, Shen C. Drug Interaction Assessment with Repeated Measurements in Fixed Ray Design. JSM Proceedings.
- Shen C, Kehl KL, Zhao B, Simon GR, Zhou S, Giordano SH. Utilization Patterns and Trends in Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Mutation Testing Among Patients With Newly Diagnosed Metastatic Lung Cancer. Clin Lung Cancer. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28024927.
- Shen C, Dasari A, Chu Y, Halperin D, Zhou S, Xu Y, Shih YT, Yao JC. Clinical, pathological and demographical factors associated with development of recurrences after surgical resection in elderly patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Annals of Oncology.
- Wiener RC, Sambamoorthi U, Shen C, Alwhaibi M, Findley PA. The Relationship of Food Security and Unmet Dental Care Needs in a U.S. Nationally Representative Sample, NHANES 2011-2012. Journal of Dental Hygiene.
- Roman-Gonzalez A, Zhou S, Ayala-Ramirez M, Shen C, Waguespack SG, Habra MA, Karam JA, Perrier N, Wood CG, Jimenez C. Impact of Surgical Resection of the Primary Tumor on Overall Survival in Patients With Metastatic Pheochromocytoma or Sympathetic Paraganglioma. Ann Surg. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28257320.
- Shen C, Zhao B, Liu L, Shih YT. Financial Burden for Patients With Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Enrolled in Medicare Part D Taking Targeted Oral Anticancer Medications. J Oncol Pract:JOP2016014639. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28095170.
- Ajmera M, Shen C, Sambamoorthi U. Concomitant Medication Use and New-Onset Diabetes Among Medicaid Beneficiaries with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Popul Health Manag. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27689453.
- Giordano SH, Niu J, Chavez-MacGregor M, Zhao H, Zorzi D, Shih YT, Smith BD, Shen C. Estimating regimen-specific costs of chemotherapy for breast cancer: Observational cohort study. Cancer. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27723214.
- Shen C, Meric-Bernstam F, Su X, Mendelsohn J, Giordano S. Prevalence of actionable mutations and copy number alterations and the price of a genomic testing panel. Oncotarget. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27634896.