Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1984||Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|1979||Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, USA, DVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine|
|1988-1989||Clinical Anesthesiology Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|1986-1988||Clinical Anesthesia Resident, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA|
|1985-1986||Research Fellow, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA|
|1984-1985||Transitional Internship, Mercy Hospital, Toledo, OH|
|1989||Diplomat of the American Board of Anesthesiologist|
President, Department of unknown, Division of Battle Creek Anesthesia P.L.L.C, Battle Creek Health System, Battle Creek, MI, 1995 - 1999
Director, Department of Obstetrical Anesthesia, Division of Battle Creek Anesthesia P.L.L.C, Battle Creek Health System, Battle Creek, MI, 1994 - 1999
Non-Tenured Faculty, Department of Department of Anesthesia, University of Kansas, Wichita, KS, 1990 - 1992
Secretary Treasure, Westbrook Hospital, Battle Creek, MI, 1996 - 1998
Contract Committee Member, Physician hospital Organization, Battle Creek, MI, 1996 - 1999
Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee Chair, Battle Creek, Battle Creek, MI, 1995 - 1999
Clinical Anesthesiologist, Battle Creek Health System, Battle Creek, MI, 1994 - 1999
Vice Chief of Staff, Westbrook Hospital, Battle Creek, MI, 1994 - 1996
Credential Committee Member, Westbrook Hospital, Battle Creek, MI, 1994 - 1998
President, Battle Creek Anesthesia, P.L.L.C.,, Battle Creek, MI, 1994 - 1999
Vice Chairman, Department of Department of Anesthesia, Battle Creek Health System, Battle Creek, MI, 1994 - 1999
Clinical Anesthesiologist, Mary's Hospital, Lewiston, ME, 1993 - 1994
- Dang A, Ilsin B, Hightower C, Aravindan N, Mansfield P, Rice D, Riedel B.. Intraoperative Hyperthemic Intrathoracic Chemotherapy for Pleural Extension of Pseudomyxoma Peritonei. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia 21:265, 2007.
- Hightower CE, Kiorpes AL, Butler HC, Fedde MR. End-tidal partial pressure of CO2 as an estimate of arterial partial pressure of CO2 during various ventilatory regimens in halothane-anesthetized dogs. Am J Vet Res 41:610-2, 1980. PMID: 6773449.
- Hightower CE. Plants that kill and cure. Vet Hum Toxicol 21:360-2, 1979. PMID: 390854.
- Highower CE, Riedel B, Feig B, Morris GS, Daley D, Ensor J, Swafford J, Woodruff VD, Sun X-G. Physiologic Capacity and the American Society of Anesthesiologists' (ASA) Physical Status Classification system as Preoperative predictors of Postoperative outcomes. Anesthesia & Analgesia.
- Hightower C, Daly D, Sun X-G, Riedel B. Objective Parameter of Physiologic Capacity Improve Risk Assessment for Postoperative Morbidity. American Society of Anestehsiologists, 2007.
- Dang A, Riedel B, Aravindan N, Hightower C. Comparative Analysis of Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing as a preoperative Risk Assessment Strategy. Anesthesiology, 2006.
- Riedel B, Burgest S, Hightower C, Vaporciyan A, Shaw A. Preoperative Statin Therapy - A Surrogate Marker Of Cardiac Risk In Noncardiac Surgery. American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Scientific Meeting, 2005.
- Hightower C, Sun XG, Morris S, Daley D, Riedel B. A Feasibility Study Exploring the use of Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing as a Preoperative Risk Assessment Tool for Predicting Postoperative Morbidity in Patients undergoing Major Intra-Abdominal Cancer Surgery. , 2004.
- Dang A, Grosshans D, Schier R, Aguilar J, Hofstetter W, Mehran R, Hernandez M, Sun X-G, Cox J, Riedel B, Hightower C. Quantifying the Physiologic Effects of Neoadjuvant Chemoirradiation on patients with Carcinoma of the Esphagus by Intergrative Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET). American Radium Annual Meeting.