Present Title & Affiliation
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|1972||Tulane University of Louisiana, School of Public Health & Preventative Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA, MPH, Public Health|
|1969||University of Saigon, Saigon, VNM, MD, Medicine|
|1959||Taberd High School and Junior College, Saigon, VNM, BS, Experimental Sciences|
|1975-1978||Clinical Residency, Anesthesiology, McGill University, Montreal|
|1974-1975||Rotating Internship, St. Mary’s Hospital, Montreal|
|1972-1974||Research Fellowship, Public Health Administration and Clinical Epidemiology, Laval University School of Medicine, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Quebec|
|1961-1969||Medical School, University of Saigon, Saigon|
|1959-1960||Faculty of Sciences Pre-Medical Physics-Chemistry-Biology Program, University of Saigon, Saigon|
|1978||American Board of Anesthesiology|
|1978||Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada|
|1978||College of Physicians of Quebec, Canada|
Experience & Service
Associate Clinical Medical Director, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2006 - 2012
Section Director, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2005 - 2012
Institutional Committee Activities
Advisor, Quality Assurance Committee, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, 2006 - Present
- Patino MA, Truong DT, Truong A, Cata JP. Do Not Burn Your Airway Bridge: A Technique to Safely Exchange a Tracheostomy Tube for a Tracheal Tube. Anesth Analg Case Reports 1(7):155-7, 2016.
- Truong AT, Sturgis E, Rozner M, Truong DT. Recurrent episodes of asystole from carotid sinus hypersensitivity during positioning for head and neck surgery. Head and Neck:Doi 10.1002/hed.21812, 2011.
- Truong AT, Truong DT. Retromolar fiberoptic orotracheal intubation in a patient with severe trismus undergoing nasal surgery. Can J Anaesth 58(5):460-3, 2011.
- Truong AT, Truong DT, Brown DL. Recurrent intraoperative coronary artery spasm in a patient with coronary artery aneurysm. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia 18:530-3, 2006.
- Truong AT, Truong DT. Techniques of Flexible Fiberoptic Intubation. Anaesthesia International 2011:19-23, 2012.
- Truong AT, Truong DT. Vocal Cord Dysfunction: An Updated Review. Otolaryngology 2011:S1-002, 2012.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Truong DT. Anesthesia for Tracheal Resection in Manual of Anesthesia for Thoracic Surgery. MD Anderson Cancer Center: Houston, 2006.
- Truong DT, Truong AT, Rahlfs TF. Use of a Nasopharyngeal Airway Probe as a Rescue Pathfinder for Failed Fiberoptic Nasal Intubation. Proceedings of: Canadian Anesthesiologists' Society Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec, 2018.
- Truong AT, Jackson T, Truong DT. Catastrophic Hemothorax during Central Venous Catheter Placement for Stem-Cell Transplant. Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia, San Diego, CA, 2007.
- Truong AT, Truong DT, Thakar D, Riedel B. Perioperative Management of Broncho-Pleural Fistulae. In: Thoracic Anesthesia: Ready to Practice. McGraw Hill, 2012.
- Truong AT, Truong DT. Vocal Cord Palsy. In: The 5-Minute Anesthesia Consultation. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins - Wolters Kluwer 2011, 2012.
- Truong AT, Truong DT. Retropharyngeal Abscess. In: The 5-Minute Anesthesia Consult. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins - Wolters Kluwer 2011, 2012.
- Truong AT, Tong AT, Truong DT, Rozner MA. Cardiac Dysrhythmias. In: Complications in Anesthesia 3rd edition. 3rd. Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins: Philadelphia, 2006.
- Gottumukkala V, Truong AT, Truong DT. Evaluation of Anesthetic Risks. In: Complications in Anesthesia 3rd Edition. 3rd. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins: Philadelphia, 2006.
- Truong AT, Truong DT. Use of Ultrasound guidance for Critical Care Procedures. In: Critical Care for Cancer Patients. Springer 2011.
Letters to the Editor
- Truong AT, Truong DT. Late Tracheostomy Tube Decannulation by Progression of a Laryngeal Tumor: An Approach for Airway Control. Can J Anaesth 58: 771-772, 2011.
- Truong AT, Truong DT. Use of a Modified Ovassapian Airway to Increase Mouth Opening for Fiberoptic Orotracheal Intubation in a Patient with Severe Trismus. Anesth Analg 113: 958-9, 2011.
- Truong AT, Truong DT, Gillenwater A, Rozner MA. Gastric Aspiration in Patients with Laryngectomy Stoma: Is it Possible?. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia 18: 557-558, 2006.