About Dr. Cook
She has a special interest and experience in minority recruitment to clinical trials. Her expertise in recruiting minority patients and community members will also be valuable to SWOG. She is currently working with Statistical Center Staff on minority recruitment strategies for S0820. Her leadership as PI made UT MD Anderson one of the most successful sites in terms of minority recruitment for the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT) prostate cancer prevention trial.
Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, Division of OVP, Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
minority recruitment and retention to clinical trials atrophic vaginitis in breast cancer survivors academic faculty and physician health cancer health disparities
|1988||University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1976||Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA, MS, Computer Science|
|1975||Jackson State University, Jackson, MS, USA, BS, Computer Science (Summa Cum Laude)|
|2015||Diplomat of American Board of Family Medicine, Continuous Maintenance of Certification|
Assistant Professor, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Houston, TX, 1992 - 1994
Member, CCOP Underserved Working Group, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2010
- Cook ED, Arnold KB, Hermos JA, McCaskill-Stevens W, Moody-Thomas S, Probstfield JL, Hamilton SJ, Campbell RD, Anderson KB, Minasian LM. Impact of supplemental site grants to increase African American accrual for the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial. Clin Trials 7(1):90-9, 2010. PMID: 20156960.
- Lippman SM, Klein EA, Goodman PJ, Lucia MS, Thompson IM, Ford LG, Parnes HL, Minasian LM, Gaziano JM, Hartline JA, Parsons JK, Bearden JD, Crawford ED, Goodman GE, Claudio J, Winquist E, Cook ED, Karp DD, Walther P, Lieber MM, Kristal AR, Darke AK, Arnold KB, Ganz PA, Santella RM, Albanes D, Taylor PR, Probstfield JL, Jagpal TJ, Crowley JJ, Meyskens FL, Baker LH, Coltman CA. Effect of selenium and vitamin E on risk of prostate cancer and other cancers: the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT). JAMA 301(1):39-51, 2009. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 19066370.
- Cook ED. Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial--this one's for us. J Natl Med Assoc 94(9):856-8, 2002. PMID: 12392050.
- Mitchell MF, Tortolero-Luna G, Cook ED, Whittaker L, Rhodes-Morris H, Silva E. A randomized clinical trial of cryotherapy, laser vaporization, and loop electrosurgical excision for treatment of squamous intraepithelial lesions of the cervix. Obstet Gynecol 92(5):737-44, 1998. PMID: 9794661.
- Cook ED, Mitchell MF. The treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Clin Consult in OB/GYN 6:37-43, 1994.
- Cook ED. Breast and Prostate Cancer Healthcare Disparities. In: Healthcare Disparities at the Crossroads with Healthcare Reform. Springer: New York, NY, 385-397, 2011.
- Cook ED, Gibbs HR. Diverse Academic Faculty: A Precious Resource for Innovative Institutions. In: Faculty Health in Academic Medicine: Physicians, Scientists, and the Pressures of Success. Humana Press: Totowa, NJ, 2008.
|Title:||EMPaCT: Enhancing Minority Participation in Clinical Trials: Phase II|