Associate Professor, Department of Thoracic/Head and Neck Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Clinical trials looking at treatment and prevention of HPV-associated head and neck cancers, targeted therapies in combination with chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy, sino-nasal and nasopharynx cancers, quality patient reported outcomes in thoracic and head and neck cancers, palliative care interventions and end-of-life management in thoracic and head and neck cancer patients.
Head and neck cancers including HPV-associated tumors; sino-nasal, and nasopharyngeal cancers.
Thoracic cancers including mesothelioma.
Palliative care and patient reported outcomes.
|1988||Texas A&M University, College of Medicine, Bryan, TX, USA, MD, Medical Oncology|
|1980||University of Texas College of Pharmacy, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Pharmacy|
|1991-1994||Hem-Onc Fellowship, Hem-Onc Fellowship, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI|
|1988-1991||Internal medicine Residency, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI|
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, University of Texas MD Anderson Caner center Network Thoracic /Head and Neck Medical Oncology Represenative, 2020 - Present
- Zhao J, Yingfeng XY, Kaminski J, Hao Z, Mott EF, Campbell J, Sade R, Kong FM. Treatment-related death during concurrent chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer: A meta-analysis of randomized studies, submitted October 2015. Radiation Oncology, 2016. PMID: 27300531.
- Marcus JD, Mott EF. Difficult conversations: from diagnosis to death. Ochsner J 14(4):712-7, 2014. PMID: 25598738.
- Bansal M, Boyle T, Ehsan A, Mott EF. Brain metastases in N2-positive non-small-cell lung cancer: implications for prophylactic cranial irradiation. Clin Lung Cancer (9)(4):227-229, 2008. PMID: 18650171.
- Mott EF, Cable CT, Herrington JD, Marcus J, et al. Phase II trial of celecoxib plus carboplatin and gemcitabine for first-line therapy in stage IIIB/IV non-small cell lung cancer-a negative study-Research Article. Cancer Therapy 3:237-242, 2005.
- Mott EF, Cable CT, Sharma N. Phase II study of an alternate carboplatin and gemcitabine dosing schedule in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Clin Lung Cancer 5(3):174-6, 2003. PMID: 14667273.
- Mott EF, Sharma N, Ashley P. Malignant pleural effusion in non-small cell lung cancer--time for a stage revision?. Chest 119(1):317-8, 2001. PMID: 11157634.
- Mott EF. Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) as Part of Value-Based Care Can Shape Therapy Guidelines: Impact on Emerging Targeted Agents and Immunotherapy Protocols in Resource-Limited Regions. Oncol Ther 5(1):69-74, 2017. PMID: 28680956.
- Mott EF. Prescription for health cost reduction: an editorial. J La State Med Soc 164:125-126, 2012.
- Rixe O, Munn D, Mott EF, Johnson T, Colman H, Spira A, Sadek R, Zakharia Y, Kennedy G. Updates on Phar 1b/2 combination study of the IDO pathway inhibitor indoximod with temozolomide for adult patients with temozolomid-refractory primary malignant brain tumors. Abstrace, SNO 2015, Neuro-Oncology 17:v107-v112, 2015.
- Zhao J, Kong FM, Hao Z, Mott EF, Al-Basheer A, Dasher B, Mourad W, Kaminski J, Zaenger D, Rabatic B, Ye P, Howington J, Ferguson C. Risk factors for non-small cell lung cancer survival from Georgia Regents University tumor registry in 12 years. ASCO 2015, 2015.
- El-Osta B, Sumrall B, Marcus J, Mott EF. A survey to evaluate our physician-trainees' comfort and knowledge in communicating their final good-bye to their terminally ill patient. J Clin Oncol 32, suppl 31, 2014.
- Yan B, Abbas A, Mott EF. Robotic-assisted thoracoscopies in early stage lung cancer: A single institution experience. Inagural Thoracic Malignancies Conference, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, LA, 2011.
- Marchan EM, Vender J, Cantrell RR, Alleyne C, Norris C, Madden N, Marascio JA, Rabatic BM, Zaenger D, Al-Basheer A, Aletan M, Amoush A, Pishgou M, Ferguson CL, Huang K, Shaaban S, Green A,Mott EF, Figueroa RE, Mourad WF. The role of internationally standardized radiosurgery treatment parameters in predicting long term trigeminal neuralgia outcomes. ASTRO's 58th Annual Meeting, September 2016.
- Mott EF, Simmons J, Sadek I. Carcinomas of the Head and Neck. In: Skeel’s Handbook of Cancer Therapy. 9th. Skeel, 102-122, 2016.
- Mott EF. Mesothelioma: a review. In: Ochsner J. 1, 70-9, 2012.
- Mott EF, Chakmakjian C, Marcus J. The Multidisciplinary Management of Pain and Palliative Care in Cancer Patients: A Review. In: Cancer Therapy, 365-74, 2004.
|Title:||A randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled, phase 3 study of Debio 1143 in patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck|