Meet Hannah Chung, M.D.
Hannah L. Chung, M.D.
Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging
About Dr. Hannah L Chung
Hannah L. Chung, MD is an assistant professor in the Department of Breast Imaging at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Chung received her breast imaging fellowship training at UCLA in Los Angeles, CA. After years in private practice, Dr. Chung entered academic radiology in August 2018. Dr. Chung’s research interests include screening of high risk patients with the use of supplemental tests such as molecular breast imaging, automated breast ultrasounds and MRI. She is currently researching patterns of lymph node metastases. Dr. Chung is actively involved in the education of breast imaging fellows and technologists and is an active member of the Society of Breast Imaging, American Roentgen Ray Society and Radiology Society of North America.Read More
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Lymph Node Evaluation in Breast Cancer Breast Cancer Staging Screening of High Risk Patients High Risk Lesions of the Breast
Education & Training
|1995||Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1991||Ohio State University College of Biological Sciences, Columbus, OH, USA, BS, Biological Sciences|
|2001-2001||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Imaging, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA|
|1997-2001||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT|
|1996-1997||Clinical Fellowship, Nuclear Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT|
|1995-1996||Clinical Internship, MacNeal Hospital, Chicago, IL|
- Chung HL, Whitman GJ, Leung JWT, Sun J, Middleton LP, Le-Petross HT. Ultrasound features to differentiate COVID-19 vaccine–induced benign adenopathy from breast cancer related malignant adenopathy. Acad Radiol 29(7):1004-1012, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35296413.
- Chung HL, Tso HH, Middleton LP, Sun J, Leung JWT. Axillary nodal metastases in invasive lobular carcinoma versus invasive ductal carcinoma: Comparison of node detection and morphology by ultrasound. AJR Am J Roentgenol 218(1):33-41, 2022. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34319162.
- Chung HL, Sun J, Leung JWT. Breast cancer skip metastases: Frequency, associated tumor characteristics, and role of staging nodal ultrasound in detection. AJR Am J Roentgenol 217(4):1-10, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32997506.
- Chung HL, Le-Petross HT, Leung JWT. Imaging updates to breast cancer lymph node management. Radiographics 41(5):1283-1299, 2021. PMID: 34469221.
- Chung HL, Shin K, Sun J, Leung JWT. Extra-axillary nodal metastases in breast cancer: Comparative analysis of US vs. MRI, CT, PET. Clin Imaging 79:113-118, 2020. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33933824.