About Dr. Bruner
Janet M Bruner, MD, has been a clinical faculty member at UT M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for 28 years, 12 of those as Department Chair of Pathology. She joined the Ombuds Office in May, 2012. With an extensive record of service on numerous institutional committees, such as the Promotion and Tenure Committee, the Executive Committee of the Medical Staff, the Clinical Council, and the Conflict of Interest Committee, Dr. Bruner is well versed in policies and issues affecting employees at all levels of the institution. She also has specific experience and training in interpersonal communication, conflict management, faculty development and coaching, which provide a background for her work in the Ombuds Office.
Pathologist and Professor, Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Deputy Head, Division of Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Ferenc and Phyllis Gyorkey Endowed Chair for Research and Education in Pathology, Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Professor (Joint Appointment), Department of Neuro-Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1984||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, Fellow, Neuropathology|
|1982||Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH, USA, Resident, Anatomical/Clinical Pathology|
|1979||Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1974||University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA, MS, Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|1972||University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA, BS, Pharmacy|
|1984||(Recertification) American Board of Pathology, Neuropathology|
|1982||(Recertification) American Board of Pathology, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology|
|1980||National Board of Medical Examiners|
Ombudsperson (40%), MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2014
Special Assistant to Faculty Development Office (20%), MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2014
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Faculty Mentoring Advisory Committee, 2007 - Present
- Ellezam B, Theeler BJ, Walbert T, Mammoser AG, Horbinski C, Kleinschmidt-DeMasters BK, Perry A, Puduvalli V, Fuller GN, Bruner JM, Aldape KD. Low rate of R132H IDH1 mutation in infratentorial and spinal cord grade II and III diffuse gliomas. Acta Neuropathol 124(3):449-51, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22772980.
- McLemore MS, Bruner J, Curry JL, Prieto VG, Torres-Cabala CA. Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma Involving the Subcutaneous Tissue of the Scalp: Report of an Exceptional Case and Review of the Literature. Am J Dermatopathol 34(2):214-9, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 22157246.
- Ong SS, Bruner J, Schellingerhout D, Puduvalli VK. Papillary endothelial hyperplasia presenting as recurrent malignant glioma. J Neurooncol 102(3):491-8, 2011. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20740304.
- Ji P, Smith SM, Wang Y, Jiang R, Song SW, Li B, Sawaya R, Bruner JM, Kuang J, Yu H, Fuller GN, Zhang W. Inhibition of gliomagenesis and attenuation of mitotic transition by MIIP. Oncogene 29(24):3501-8, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20418911.
- Subbiah V, Ketonen L, Bruner JM, Nunez R, Weinberg J, Wolff JE. 99mTc-sestamibi Scan Differentiates Tumor From Other Contrast Enhancing Tissue in Choroid Plexus Tumors. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32(2):160-2, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20168252.
- Wu Y, Song SW, Sun J, Bruner JM, Fuller GN, Zhang W. IIp45 inhibits cell migration through inhibition of HDAC6. J Biol Chem 285(6):3554-60, 2010. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 20008322.
- Muzzafar S, Rhines LD, Bruner J, Schellingerhout D. Intradural extramedullary Ewing tumor of the lumbar spine. Radiology Case Reports 5(4):421, 2010.
- Moore LM, Holmes KM, Smith SM, Wu Y, Tchougounova E, Uhrbom L, Sawaya R,Bruner JM, Fuller GN, Zhang W. IGFBP2 is a candidate biomarker for Ink4a-Arf status and a therapeutic target for high-grade gliomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106(39):16675-9, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19805356.
- Cox JD, Giralt SA, Veazie ML, Ajani JA,Bruner JM, Chan KW, Hittelman WN, Hunt KK, Iyer RB, Karp DD, Kuban DA, Lippman SM, Raad II, Rodriguez-Bigas MA, Zwelling LA, Markman M.. Evaluating quality in clinical cancer research: The MD Anderson Cancer Center experience. Oncology 77(2):75-81, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19571599.
- Davis FG, Malmer BS, Aldape K, Barnholtz-Sloan JS, Bondy ML, Brännström T, Bruner JM, Burger PC, Collins VP, Inskip PD, Kruchko C, McCarthy BJ, McLendon RE, Sadetzki S, Tihan T, Wrensch MR, Buffler PA. Issues of diagnostic review in brain tumor studies: from the brain tumor epidemiology consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17(3):484-9, 2008. PMID: 18349266.
- Prabhu SS, Bruner JM. Large oculomotor schwannoma presenting as a parasellar mass: Case report and literature review. Surg Neurol Int. e-Pub 2010.