Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2000||State University of New York, Brooklyn, NY, USA, MD, Pediatrics|
|1995||State University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA, BA, Biology|
Instructor, Department of Pediatrics - Research, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2013 - 2015
Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2012
Instructor, Division of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2006 - 2009
|2009||New Investigator Award, ASBMT|
|2008||Developmental Award, Lymphona SPORE|
|1997||Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Scholar, Cloister Program|
|1995||Senior Award for Outstanding Student in Chemical Biology, UVM|
|1994||Phi Beta Kappa|
|1994||Golden Key Honor Society|
|1994||Mortar Board Honor Society|
|1992||Freshman Award for Outstanding Student in Biology|
- Adam J, Khaskhey N, Buglio D, Shafer JA, Derenzini, Bollard CM, Medeiros LJ, Arpad I, Younes A.. The Histone Deacetylase inhibitor Entinostat (SNDX-275) induces apoptosis in Hodgkin's Lymphoma cells and synergizes with BCL-2 family inhibitors. Experimental Hematology:1007-1017, 2011.
- Shafer JA, Helsop HE, Brenner MK, Carrum G, Wu MF, Lui H, Gottschalk S, Kamble R, Leung KS, Myers GD, Bollard CM, Krance RA.. Outcome of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation as Salvage Therapy For Hodgkin's Lymphoma in Adolescence and Young Adults at a Single Institution. Human Gene Therapy 51:664-670, 2010.
- Cruz CR, Leen AM, Shafer JA, Younes A, Rooney CM, Gerdermann U, Christin AS, Heslop HE, and Bollard CM. Improving T cell therapy for relapsed EBV negative Hodgkin's Lymphoma by targeting unregulated MAGE-A$, 2009.
- Fouletier-Dilling CM, Gannon FH, Olmsted-Davis EA, Lazard Z, Heggeness MH, Shafer JA, Hipp JA, Davis AR. Efficient and Rapid Osteoinduction in an Immune Competent Host. Hum Gene Ther 18(8):733-45, 2007. PMID: 17691858.
- Shafer J, Davis AR, Gannon FH, Fouletier-Dilling CM, Lazard Z, Gugala Z, Ozen M, Ittmann M, Heggeness MH, Olmsted-Davis E.. Oxygen Tension Directs Chondrogenic Differentiation of Myleo-Monocytic Progenitars During Endochondral Bone Formation. Journal of Tissue Engineering:733-45, 2006.
- Shafer JAb, Davis A, Olmested-David EA,. Control of Tissue Regeneration through Oxygen Concentration. Journal of Stem Cells, 2005.