Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2011||Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2007||University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA, BA, Molecular Cellular Biology|
|2016-2017||Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship, Magee-Womens Hospital of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA|
|2012-2016||Surgery Residency, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL|
|2011-2012||Surgery Internship, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL|
|2016||American Board of Surgery|
|2017||Top 10 Poster, The American Society of Breast Surgeons|
|2017||Top Scoring Poster, The Society of Surgical Oncology|
|2012||Intern of the Year, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine|
|2004||Dean's List, University of California at Berkeley|
|2003||Dean's List, University of California at Berkeley|
- Tong MJ, Hsien C, Song JJ, Kao JH, Sun HE, Hsu L, Han SH, Durazo FA, Saab S, Blatt LM. Factors associated with progression to hepatocellular carcinoma and to death from liver complications in patients with HBsAg-positive cirrhosis. Dig Dis Sci 54(6):1337-46, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19242792.
- Sugrue J, Lee J, Warner C, Thomas S, Tzvetanov I, Mar W, Mellgren A, Nordenstam J. Acute diverticultis in renal transplant patients: should we treat them differently?. Surgery. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29289391.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Lee JS, Hunt KK. Operative Standards Video: Breast. American College of Surgeons Cancer Care Standards Development Committee.
- Lee JS, Hwang RF. Complex General Surgical Oncology (CGSO) SCORE Module: Stage IV breast cancer.
- Lee JS, Hwang RF. Complex General Surgical Oncology (CGSO) SCORE Module: Special populations/Extremes of breast cancer. The Society of Surgical Oncology.
- Lee JS, Diego EJ, Jiang M, McAuliffe PF, Bonaventura M, Johnson RR, Ahrendt GM, Soran A. Bilateral mastectomy without reconstruction is not associated with increased surgical complications. The American Society of Breast Surgeons, 2017.
- Lee JS, Diego EJ, Soran A, Farrugia DJ, Landmann A, Bonaventura M, Johnson RR, McAuliffe PF, Ahrendt GM. High Ki-67 is associated with an increased likelihood of a pathologic complete response in patients with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer. The American Society of Breast Surgeons, 2017.
- Lee JS, Diego EJ, Soran A, Farrugia DJ, Landman A, Bonaventura M, Johnson RR, McAuliffe PF, Ahrendt GM. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy increases breast conservation rates and decreases extent of axillary surgery in patients with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer. The Society of Surgical Oncology, 2017.
- Simons J, Scoggins M, Kuerer H, Sahin A, Snell A, Bedrosian I,Lee JS, Hunt KK, Caudle A. Magseed allows for localization of clipped nodes without radioactivity. American Society of Breast Surgeon.