Chief Medical Information Officer, Division of Office of the Chief Information Officer, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2002||University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA, MS, Informatics|
|1989||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1984||Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA, BA, Chemistry|
|1984||Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA, BS, Biology|
|1993-1994||Fellowship, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anesthesiology, The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN|
|1990-1993||Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX|
|1989-1990||Internship, Transitional Anesthesia, Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Houston, TX|
|2014||American Board of Preventive Medicine|
|1994||American Board of Anesthesiology|
Adjunct Associate Professor, Division of School of Health Information Sciences, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, 2004 - 2010
Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2004 - 2004
Medical Director, Department of Office of the CIO, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2006 - 2011
Medical Director, Preoperative Evaluation Clinic, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2004 - 2005
Medical Director, Ambulatory Clinical Building Surgical Suites, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2003 - 2007
|2009||Mary Hanna Memorial Journalism Award, American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses|
|2006||Patient Safety Initiative, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
- Frenzel, JC, Kee, SS, Ensor, JE, Riedel, BJ, Ruiz, JR. Ongoing Provision of Individual Clinician Performance Data Improves Practice Behavior. Anesthesia & Analgesia 111(2):515-519, 2010. e-Pub 2010.
- Ruiz, JR, Kee, SS, Frenzel, JC, Ensor, BJ, Selvan, M, Riedel, BJ, Apfel, C.. The Effect of an Anatomically Classified Procedure on Antiemetic Administration in the Postanesthesia Care Unit. Anesthesia & Analgesia 110((2)):403-409, 2010. e-Pub 2009.
- RA Masake MS, JR Zhang PhD, CW Johnson PhD, JC Frenzel MD MS. Data Modeling Practices in Healthcare: A Review of Literature and Application of Ontological Concepts. The University of Texas, School of Health Information Sciences at Houston, 2007.
- Frenzel JC. Health data security issues arising from integration of wireless access into healthcare networks. J Med Syst 27(2):163-75, 2003. PMID: 12617358.
- Johnson CW, Katyal P, Frenzel JC, Ali A. Hypertutorial and Conventional Web-Based Lessons Evaluated Similarly by Dental Postgraduates in Health Informatics Statistics Course. Proceedings of the International Medical Informatics Association, Portland, Oregon, 2003.
- Brixey J, Frenzel JC, Chalambaga M, Johnson T. Redesign and Prototype for the Interface of a Volumetric Infusion Pump Following the Usability Engineering Lifecycle. Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the American Medical Informatics Association, San Antonio, Texas, 2002.
|Title:||Phase 3: Multicenter, Double Blind, Randomized, Comparative Study Evaluating the Effect of Two Doses of Dexmedetomidine Versus Placebo in Adult Patients Undergoing Elective Coronary Bypass Graft(s) Surgery|
|Funding Source:||Abbott Laboratories|
|Title:||Can Early Extubation Decrease ICU Stays Without Affecting Outcome?|
|Funding Source:||Division of Cardiovascular Anesthesia, The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN|