Associate Professor, Department of Cardiology, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Director of Echocardiography, Department of Cardiology, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Department of Cardiology, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Tissue characterization with echocardiography
|1996||Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, PR, PRI, MD, Medicine|
|2002-2004||Research Fellowship, Advanced Echocardiography, Washington University, St. Louis, MO|
|2000-2004||Clinical Fellowship, Cardiology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO|
|1996-1999||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO|
|2005||American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease|
|2004||National Board of Echocardiography|
|2003||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Chairman, ASE Foundation, Morrisville, NC, 2015 - Present
Cardiac Imaging Consultant, Biomedical Systems, North American, St. Louis, MO, 2014 - Present
Cardiac Imaging Consultant, Biomedical Systems, North America, St. Louis, MO, 2007 - 2009
- Sawaya H, Sebag IA, Plana JC, Januzzi JL, Ky B, Tan TC, Cohen V, Banchs J, Carver JR, Wiegers SE, Martin RP, Picard MH, Gerszten RE, Halpern EF, Passeri J, Kuter I, Scherrer-Crosbie M. Assessment of Echocardiography and Biomarkers for the Extended Prediction of Cardiotoxicity in Patients treated with Anthracyclines, Taxanes and Trastuzumab. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 5(5):596-603, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22744937.
- Yusuf SW, Bathina JD, Qureshi S, Kaynak HE, Banchs J, Trent JC, Ravi V, Daher IN, Swafford J. Cardiac tumors in a tertiary care cancer hospital: clinical features, echocardiographic findings, treatment and outcomes. Heart Int 7(1):e4, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22690297.
- Banchs J, Yusuf SW. Echocardiographic Evaluation of Cardiac Infections. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 10(1):1-4, 2012. PMID: 22149520.
- Daher IN, Kim C, Saleh RR, Plana JC, Yusuf SW, Banchs J. Prevalence of abnormal echocardiographic findings in cancer patients: a retrospective evaluation of echocardiography for identifying cardiac abnormalities in cancer patients. Echocardiography 28(10):1061-7, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21854439.
- Yusuf SW, Bathina JD, Banchs J, Mouhayar EN, Daher IN. Apical Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. World J Cardiol 3(7):256-9, 2011. PMID: 21860706.
- Daher IN, Banchs J, Yusuf SW, Mouhayar E, Durand JB, Gladish G. Impact of Cardiac Computed Tomographic Angiography Findings on Planning of Cancer Therapy in Patients with Concomitant Structural Heart Disease. Cardiol Res Pract 2011:268058, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21559257.
- Banchs J, Jefferies JL, Plana JC, Hundley WG. Imaging for Cardiotoxicity in Cancer Patients. Tex Heart Inst J 38(3):268-9, 2011. PMID: 21720469.
- Fernando R, Queen S, Hassan S, Banchs J. Feasibility and Correlation of Left Atrial Volumes: A Comparison of 2D and 3D methods. American College of Cardiology Texas Chapter, Dallas, Texas, 2012.
- Sharma J, Banchs J, Hassan S. Assessment of Left Ventricular Systolic Function in the Setting of Tachycardia. The University of Texas MD Anderson Research Retreat, Houston, Texas, 2012.
- Mukerji S, Iliescu G, Yusuf SW, Banchs J, Durand JB, Tomakin G, Iliescu C. Impact of Chronic Thrombocytopenia in patients with Coronary Artery Disease and Cancer. American College of Cardiology 59(13):E1819, 2012.
- Iliescu C, Reyes M, Abi Aad S, Banchs J, Mouhayar E, Leja M, Daher I, Yusuf SW, Durand JB. Clinical Features and Outcomes of Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy in Cancer Patients. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 47(14 Suppl 1), 2011.
- Reyes M, Simon AA, Banchs J, Mouhayar E, Leja M, Daher I. Clinical Features and Outcomes of Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy in Cancer Patients. The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Division of Internal Medicine Research Retreat 2011, 2011.