About Dr. Woodman
Cancer Neurology: I am interested in the diagnosis and treatment of toxic and inflammatory peripheral neuropathy in its many forms in patients with cancer. I am also interested in autoimmune and paraneoplastic disorders, such as myasthenic syndromes. My practice is divided between inpatient and outpatient consultative services, as well as performing electrodiagnostic testing with electromyography (EMG). My focus is to provide unparalleled, meticulous, coordinated care to our patients, and to educate our own team members and others outside the department about the peripheral nervous system.
Neurophysiology: I perform EMG to assess for nerve, muscle, and neuromuscular junction function and injury, both in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Residents and fellows intermittently rotate through on electives.
Associate Professor, Department of Neuro-Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Department of Neurology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Pathophysiology, diagnosis and potential treatments for toxic and metabolic polyneuropathies.
|2000||Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1994||Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA, BA, Biology|
|2005-2006||Research Fellowship, Investigative Neurophysiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|2004-2005||Clinical Fellowship, Neurophysiology (EMG Emphasis), Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|2003-2004||Chief Resident, Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY|
|2001-2003||Clinical Residency, Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY|
|2000-2001||Clinical Internship, Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY|
|2008||American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine|
|2005||American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology|
|2016||Nominated: Melvin L. Samuels Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Faculty Recognition and Awards Program, Division of Cancer Medicine|
|2003||Resident Scholarship, American Academy of Neurology|
|1993||Office for the Arts Music Scholarship, Harvard University|
|1990||Undergraduate Scholarship, University of Florida|
- Stucky CH, Cromwell KD, Voss RK, Chiang YJ, Woodman K, Lee JE, Cormier JN. Surgeon symptoms, strain, and selections: Systematic review and meta-analysis of surgical ergonomics. Ann Med Surg (Lond) 9(27):1-8, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29511535.
- Daher A, Kamiya-Matsuoka C, Woodman K. . Patient With 2 Hematologic Malignancies Presenting as Neurolymphomatosis. J Clin Neuromuscul Dis 19(3):124-130, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29465612.
- Pinnix CC, Chi L, Jabbour EJ, Milgrom SA, Smith GL, Daver N, Garg N, Cykowski MD, Fuller G, Cachia D, Kamiya-Matsuoka C, Woodman K, Dinardo C, Jain N, Kadia TM, Pemmaraju N, Ohanian M, Konopleva M, Kantarjian HM, Dabaja BS. Dorsal Column Myelopathy after Intrathecal Chemotherapy for Leukemia. Am J Hematol 92(2):155-160, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27874212.
- Cachia D, Kamiya-Matsuoka C, Pinnix CC, Chi L, Kantarjian HM, Cortes JE, Daver N, Woodman K. Myelopathy following intrathecal chemotherapy in adults: a single institution experience. J Neurooncol 122(2):391-8, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25666482.
- Mandel JJ, Tummala S, Woodman KH, Tremont-Lukats I. Delayed imaging abnormalities of neuro-invasive West Nile virus in cancer patients. J Neurol Sci 350(1-2):115-7, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25702151.
- Kamiya-Matsuoka C, Shroff S, Gildersleeve K, Hormozdi B, Manning JT, Woodman KH. Neurolymphomatosis: a case series of clinical manifestations, treatments, and outcomes. J Neurol Sci 343(1-2):144-8, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24928074.
- Shroff S, Kamiya-Matsuoka C, Woodman K. An unusual cause of cerebellar ataxia in an immunocompromised elderly patient. J Neurol Sci 340(1-2):218-20, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24635888.
- Maria BL, Hoang KB, Tusa RJ, Mancuso AA, Hamed LM, Quisling RG, Hove MT, Fennel EB, Booth-Jones M, Ringdahl DM, Yachnis AT, Creel G, Frerking B "Joubert syndrome" revisited: key ocular motor signs with magnetic resonance imaging correlation. J Child Neurol 12(7):423-430, 1997. PMID: 9373798.
- Maria BL, Drane WE, Quisling RG, Hoang KB Correlation between gadolinium-diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid contrast enhancement and thallium-201 chloride uptake in pediatric brainstem glioma. J Child Neurol 12(6):341-348, 1997. PMID: 9309515.
- Reid DE, Maria BL, Drane WE, Quisling RG, Hoang KB Central nervous system perfusion and metabolism abnormalities in Sturge-Weber syndrome. J Child Neurol 12(3):218-222, 1997. PMID: 9130099.
- Maria BL, Medina CD, Hoang KB, Phillips MI Gene therapy for neurologic disease: benchtop discoveries to bedside applications. 2. The bedside. J Child Neurol 12(2):77-84, 1997. PMID: 9075015.
- Maria BL, Medina CD, Hoang KB, Phillips MI Gene therapy for neurologic disease: benchtop discoveries to bedside applications. 1. The bench. J Child Neurol 12(1):1-12, 1997. PMID: 9010789.
- Metrus N, Pillainayagam C, Gatson, N, Woodman K.. Guillain Barre Syndrome following stem cell transplant: A single institution 5–year retrospective study. Neurology, 2018 annual meeting, Los Angeles, CA, 4/2018, 2018.
- Pillainayagam C, Mella D, Johnson J, Woodman K.. Unusual case of motor neuron disease as a paraneoplastic process. Neurology, 2015 Annual Meeting, Washington, DC 84(14 Suppl), 2015.
- Cachia D, Kamiya-Matsouka C, Chi L, Pinnix C, Daver N, Woodman K. Myelopathy following intrathecal chemotherapy: a case series in adults. Neuro Oncol 16(Suppl 5):46, 2014.
- Kamiya-Matsuoka C, Liao B, Gong Y, Chen M, Woodman K, Fowler N, Conrad C. Primary Natural Killer/T-cell Lymphoma Presenting as Leptomeningeal Disease. Neurology 82(10):Supplement P7.260, 2014.
- Hormozdi B, Kamiya-Matsuoka C, Gildersleeve K, Woodman K. Neurolymphomatosis: A case series of clinical manifestations, treatments, and outcomes. Neurology, 2012 Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA 78(Meeting Abstracts 1):P04.187, 2012. e-Pub 2012.
- Rutkove SB, Raynor EM, Shefner JM, Cudkowicz ME, Bron D, Schoenfeld DA, Woodman KH, Aaron R, Shiffman CA. Electrical Impedance Myography as an Outcome Measure in ALS Clinical Trials. Neurology, 2006 Annual Meeting of American Academy of Neurology 72(Abstracts), 2006.
- Parker A, Woodman KH. Myelitis Following Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: A Case Report. Neurology, 2014 Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA(Meeting Abstract). e-Pub 2014.
- Maria BL, Hoang KB, Robertson RL, Barnes PD, Drane WE, Chugani HT. Imaging brain structure and function in Sturge-weber Syndrome. In: Sturge-weber Syndrome. The Sturge-Weber Foundation: Mt. Freedom, NJ, 43-69, 1999.