Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, Department of Stem Cell Transplantation, CARTOX Program, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, Department of Stem Cell Transplantation, CARTOX Program, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2009||University of Medicine Dentistry, School of Public Health, Newark, NJ, USA, MPH, Public Health|
|2003||St. George's University School of Medicine, Grenada, WI, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1999||Adelphi University Honors College, Garden City, NY, USA, BS, Biology|
|2010-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC|
|2007-2010||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children's Hospital at Montefiore/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY|
|2005-2007||Clinical Residency, Pediatrics, Children's Hospital at St. Peter's University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ|
|2011||American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology Oncology|
|2007||American Board of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics|
Section Chief and Medical Director, Pediatric Stem Cell Therapy/Cell Therapy, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2017 - Present
Director, Marrow and Blood Transplantation, Children's Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, NY, 2014 - 2017
Co-Chair, Pediatric Acute Lung and Sepsis Investigators: HCT-CI Subgroup, Houston, TX, 2017 - Present
Inspector, Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), Houston, TX, 2012 - Present
- Bajwa RPS, Taylor K, Hoyt A, Kamboj MK, Stanek J, Mahadeo KM, Alsaedi H, Abdel-Azim H, O'Kane S, Martin PL, Stafford LA, Dvorak CC. Vitamin D has no impact on outcomes after HSCT in children: a retrospective study. Pediatr Transplant 25(4):e14008, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33734544.
- Derespina KR, Kaushik S, Mahadeo K, McCabe M. Lactic acidosis secondary to thiamin deficiency following autologous stem cell transplantation. Nutr Clin Pract 36(2):414-418, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32700422.
- Ragoonanan D, Khazal SJ, Mejia R, Ewing L, Durand JB, Bashoura L, Tayar J, Dailey Garnes N, Petropoulos D, Tewari P, Bhatti M, Ahmad AH, Cortes J, Razvi S, McBeth K, Swinford R, Shoberu B, Waseemuddin W, Chi L, Gill JB, Zaky W, Daw N, Gutierrez C, Tereffe W, Kebriaei P, Rezvani K, Shpall EJ, Champlin RE, Mahadeo KM. Case discussion and literature review: Cancer immunotherapy, severe immune-related adverse events, multi-inflammatory syndrome, and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. Front Oncol 11:625707, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33614514.
- Ahmad AH, Mahadeo KM. Perspective: A framework to screen pediatric and adolescent hematopoietic cellular therapy patients for organ dysfunction: Time for a multi-disciplinary and longitudinal approach. Front Oncol 11:622630, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33718184.
- Brown BD, Tambaro FP, Kohorst M, Chi L, Mahadeo KM, Tewari P, Petropoulos D, Slopis JM, Sadighi Z, Khazal S. Immune effector cell associated neurotoxicity (ICANS) in pediatric and young adult patients following chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy: Can we optimize early diagnosis?. Front Oncol 11:634445, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33763368.
- Traube C, Gerber LM, Mauer EA, Small K, Broglie L, Chopra YR, Duncan CN, Ebens CL, Fitzgerald JC, Freedman JL, Hudspeth MP, Hurley C, Mahadeo KM, McArthur J, Shapiro MC, Sharron MP, Wall DA, Zinter MS, Greenwald BM, Silver G, Boulad F. Delirium in children undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation: A multi-institutional point prevalence study. Front Oncol 11:627726, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33968727.
- Ahmad AH, Mahadeo KM. Corrigendum: perspective: a framework to screen pediatric and adolescent hematopoietic cellular therapy patients for organ dysfunction: time for a multi-disciplinary and longitudinal approach. Front Oncol 11:679526, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33968787.
- Rowan CM, Fitzgerald JC, Agulnik A, Zinter MS, Sharron MP, Slaven JE, Kreml EM, Bajwa RPS, Mahadeo KM, Moffet J, Tarquinio KM, Steiner ME. Risk factors for noninvasive ventilation failure in children post-hematopoietic cell transplant. Front Oncol 11:653607, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34123807.
- Harden A, Ragoonanan D, Anildes-Gubman D, McCall D, Faltus K, Featherston S, Shoberu B, Moffet JR, Petropoulos D, Khazal SJ, Razvi S, Mahadeo KM, Tewari P. Chimeric antigen receptor, teamwork, education, assessment, and management (CAR-TEAM): a simulation-based inter-professional education (IPE) intervention for management of CAR toxicities. Front Oncol 10:1227, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32850365.
- Mahadeo KM, McArthur J, Adams RH, Radhi M, Angelo J, Jeyapalan A, Nicol K, Su L, Rabi H, Auletta JJ, Pai V, Duncan CN, Tamburro R, Dvorak CC, Bajwa RPS. Consensus report by the pediatric acute lung injury and sepsis investigators and pediatric blood and marrow transplant consortium joint working committees on supportive care guidelines for management of veno-occlusive disease in children and adolescents: Part 2- focus on ascites, fluid and electrolytes, renal, and transfusion issues. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 23(12):2023-2033, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28823876.
- Bajwa RPS, Mahadeo KM, Taragin BH, Dvorak CC, McArthur J, Jeyapalan A, Duncan CN, Tamburro R, Gehred A, Lehmann L, Richardson P, Auletta JJ, Woolfrey AE. Consensus report by pediatric acute lung injury and sepsis investigators and pediatric blood and marrow transplantation consortium joint working committees: Supportive care guidelines for management of veno-occlusive disease in children and adolescents, Part 1: focus on investigations, prophylaxis, and specific treatment. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 23(11):1817 - 1825, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28754544.
- Mahadeo KM, Diop-Bove N, Ramirez SI, Cadilla CL, Rivera E, Martin M, Lerner NB, DiAntonio L, Duva S, Santiago-Borrero PJ, Goldman ID. Prevalence of a loss-of-function mutation in the proton-coupled folate transporter gene (PCFT-SLC46A1) causing hereditary folate malabsorption in Puerto Rico. J Pediatr 159(4):623-7.e1, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21489556.
- Mahadeo KM, Oyeku S, Taragin B, Rajpathak SN, Moody K, Santizo R, Driscoll MC. Increased prevalence of osteonecrosis of the femoral head in children and adolescents with sickle-cell disease. Am J Hematol 86(9):806-8, 2011. PMID: 21850660.
- Shin DS, Mahadeo KM, Min SH, Diop-Bove N, Clayton P, Zhao R, Goldman ID. Identification of novel mutations in the proton-coupled folate transporter (PCFT-SLC46A1) associated with hereditary folate malabsorption. Mol Genet Metab 103(1):33-7, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21333572.
- Mahadeo KM, Santizo R, Baker L, Curry JO, Gorlick R, Levy AS. Ambulatory high-dose methotrexate administration among pediatric osteosarcoma patients in an urban, underserved setting is feasible, safe, and cost-effective. Pediatr Blood Cancer 55(7):1296-9, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20949591.
- Mahadeo KM, Diop-Bove N, Shin D, Unal ES, Teo J, Zhao R, Chang MH, Fulterer A, Romero MF, Goldman ID. Properties of the Arg376 residue of the proton-coupled folate transporter (PCFT-SLC46A1) and a glutamine mutant causing hereditary folate malabsorption. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299(5):C1153-61, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20686069.
- Mahadeo KM, Cole PD. Successful treatment using omacetaxine for a patient with CML and BCR-ABL1 [corrected] 35INS. Blood 115(18):3852, 2010. PMID: 20448119.
- Mahadeo KM, Dhall G, Ettinger LJ, Kurer CC. Exacerbation of anthracycline-induced early chronic cardiomyopathy with ATRA: role of B-type natriuretic peptide as an indicator of cardiac dysfunction. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32(2):134-6, 2010. PMID: 20098333.
- Mahadeo KM, Dhall G, Panigrahy A, Lastra C, Ettinger LJ. Subacute methotrexate neurotoxicity and cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in a 12-year-old with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) C677T polymorphism: homocysteine-mediated methotrexate neurotoxicity via direct endothelial injury. Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27(1):46-52, 2010. PMID: 20121554.
- Nieto Y, Gruschkus S, Valdez BC, Jones RB, Anderlini P, Hosing C, Popat U, Qazilbash M, Kebriaei P, Alousi A, Saini N, Srour S, Rezvani K, Ramdial J, Barnett M, Gulbis A, Shigle TL, Ahmed S, Iyer S, Lee H, Nair R, Parmar S, Steiner R, Dabaja B, Pinnix C, Gunther J, Cuglievan B, Mahadeo K, Khazal S, Chuang H, Champlin R, Shpall EJ, Andersson BS. Improved outcomes of high-risk relapsed Hodgkin lymphoma patients after high-dose chemotherapy: a 15-year analysis. Haematologica. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33951890.
- Tambaro FP, Singh H, Jones E, Rytting M, Mahadeo KM, Thompson P, Daver N, DiNardo C, Kadia T, Garcia-Manero G, Chan T, Shah RR, Wierda WG. Autologous CD33-CAR-T cells for treatment of relapsed/refractory acute myelogenous leukemia. Leukemia. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33833386.
- Tambaro FP, Ragoonanan D, Tewari P, Petropoulos D, Aung FM, Mahadeo KM, Khazal S. The role of granulocyte transfusions in optimizing candidacy for chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy in patients with treatment-refractory infections. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33625094.
|Title:||Phase I/II study of CaspaCide T cells from an HLA-partially matched family donor after negative selection of TCR αβ T cells in pediatric patients affected by hematological disorders|
|Title:||Multicenter Expanded Access Protocol of Allogeneic Epstein-Barr Virus Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes (EBV-CTLs) for Patients with EBY-Associated Lymphomas and Lymphoproliferative Disorders in lmmunocompromised Patients for Whom There are No Other Comparable Options|
|Funding Source:||Atara 201 Biotherapeutics, Inc|
|Title:||Safety Follow-up Through 180 days of Treatment with Remestemcel-L in Study MSBGVHD001 in Pediatric Patients who Have Failed to Respond to Steroid Treatment for Acute GVHD|
|Title:||A Multicenter Non-Interventional Study to Obtain Retrospective Data for Subjects Previously Diagnosed with Adenovirus Infection to serve as Matched Historical Controls for Study CMXOO l -304|
|Funding Source:||Chimerix, Inc|
|Title:||Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation of NiCord®, Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Ex Vivo Expanded Stem and Progenitor Cells, in Patients with Hemoglobinopathies|
|Funding Source:||Gamida Cell Ltd|