About Dr. Maloney
Dr. Maloney earned her medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine and her MPhil from the University of Cambridge, UK. She completed her residency at the Harvard Combined Dermatology Residency, and a fellowship in dermatopathology at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Maloney is board certified in dermatology and dermatopathology, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and a member of the International Society of Dermatology. Her clinical interests include cutaneous malignancies, infectious diseases of the skin and inflammatory dermatoses. Dr. Maloney’s research focuses on skin cancers, infections, teledermatology and teledermatopathology. Dr. Maloney is skilled in the use of systemic dermatologic medications and injectables, and also offers a multidisciplinary team approach to the management of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2009||University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom, GBR, Master of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy, Biological Sciences|
|2009||Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine, Allopathic Medicine|
|2003||Williams College, Williamstown, MA, USA, BA, Bachelor of Arts with Honors, Concentration in Biochemistry|
|2014-2015||Clinical Fellowship, Dermatopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2010-2014||Clinical Residency, Medicine-Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|2009-2010||Clinical Internship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|2015||American Board of Dermatology and American Board of Pathology|
|2014||American Board of Dermatology|
Consultant Dermatopathologist, Harris Health LBJ, Houston, TX, 2017 - Present
Staff Dermatopathologist, University of Texas, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
Staff Dermatologist, Harris Health Thomas Street HIV clinic, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
|2017||1% Top Performer, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2017||Super Doctors-Rising Stars, MSP Communications|
|2009||Dr. Louis H Nahum Prize: awarded for an excellent thesis to a member of the senior Medical School Class, Yale University School of Medicine|
|2009||Partners Center for Expertise in Global and Humanitarian Health Scholarship, Harvard Medical School|
|2008||Farr Scholar: appointed in recognition of excellence in Research and leadership and creativity in pursuit of medical knowledge, Yale University School of Medicine|
|2008||Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship: support awarded to enable immunotherapy research, Yale University School of Medicine|
|2006||Richard M Gershon MD Research Fellowship: support awarded for viral oncology research, Yale University School of Medicine|
|2005||Downs International Fellowship: funding awarded to medical students for international health fellowship, Yale University School of Medicine|
|2003||Leverett Mears Prize: awarded for outstanding scholastic achievement in chemistry, Williams College|
|2001||Texaco Scholarship: awarded to the junior chemistry major likely to excel in thesis work, based on past research|
- Wolf K, Stewart L, Rapini R, Mutyambizi K. Multifocal extramammary Paget's disease-associated adenocarcinoma: a rare condition of flexoral skin of multiple sites. Dermatol Online J 22(1), 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26990474.
- Aung PP, Mutyambizi KK, Danialan R, Ivan D, Prieto VG. Differential diagnosis of heavily pigmented melanocytic lesions: challenges and diagnostic approach. J Clin Pathol 68(12):963-70, 2015. PMID: 26602414.
- Danialan R, Mutyambizi K, Aung P, Prieto VG, Ivan D. Challenges in the diagnosis of cutaneous adnexal tumours. J Clin Pathol 68(12):992-1002, 2015. PMID: 26602416.
- Nambudiri VE, Mutyambizi K, Walls AC, Fisher DC, Bleday R, Saavedra AP. Successful treatment of perianal giant condyloma acuminatum in an immunocompromised host with systemic interleukin 2 and topical cidofovir. JAMA Dermatol 149(9):1068-70, 2013. PMID: 23824272.
- Mutyambizi K, Berger CL, Edelson RL. The balance between immunity and tolerance: the role of Langerhans cells. Cell Mol Life Sci 66(5):831-40, 2009. PMID: 19002380.
- Aung, P. P., Mutyambizi, K. K., Danialan, R., Ivan, D., & Prieto, V. G.. Differential diagnosis of heavily pigmented melanocytic lesions: challenges and diagnostic approach. J Clin Pathol 68(12):963-970, 2015.
- Danialan, R., Mutyambizi, K., Aung, P., Prieto, V. G., & Ivan, D.. Challenges in the diagnosis of cutaneous adnexal tumours. J Clin Pathol 68(12):992-1002, 2015.
- Mutyambizi K. Waiting for the Storm: Cell to Soul. The Human Healthcare Journal, 2008.
- Mutyambizi K. Characterization of a Gammaherpesvirus in Vitro Latency System. Thesis Advisor: Dr Stacey Efstathiou: Chair, Division of Virology, University of Cambridge, 2007.
- Mutyambizi, K. Dermatologic Complications of HIV. In: Fundamentals of HIV Medicine. 1st. Oxford University Press, 606, 2017.
- Torres-Cabala,C, Mutyambizi K, Bravo, F.. Infectious Diseases of the Skin. In: Precision Molecular Pathology of Dermatologic Diseases. Springer, 2015.
- Mutyambizi K, Mackool B.. Drug Safety in Pregnancy. In: Atlas of Obstetric Dermatology. Lipincott and Wilkins, 2013.