About Dr. Lorell Ruiz-Flores
Dr. Ruiz-Flores received her MD degree at the University of Puerto Rico, Medical Sciences campus. Afterward, Dr. Ruiz-Flores completed her radiology residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Tx. She then finished a year of fellowship with a focus on Breast Imaging at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Ruiz-Flores' clinical focus is a multidisciplinary approach to early diagnosis and management of breast cancer to obtain optimal treatment outcomes in the community. Her current areas of research include quality of breast MRI. She also has an interest in resident and fellow education.
Assistant Professor, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Quality in breast imaging
Breast cancer screening
Breast cancer staging
3-D digital breast tomosynthesis
Minimally invasive breast interventions: biopsies and cancer localization
|2012||University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2008||Villanova University, Villanova, PA, USA, BS, Biology|
|2017-2018||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2013-2017||Clinical Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2012-2013||Clinical Internship, San Juan City Hospital, San Juan, PR|
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2019
|2017||Naresh Prasad Scholar Award|
- Ruiz-Flores L, Whitman GJ, Le-Petross HTC, Hess KR, Parikh JR. Variation in technical quality of breast MRI. Acad Radiol 27(4):468-475, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31371208.
- Ruiz-Flores L, Ebuoma LO, Benveniste MF, Nagi C, OrtizPerez T, Benveniste AP. Case Report: Metastatic Phyllodes Tumor. Semin Ultrasound CT MR 39(1):122-126, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29317034.
- Montoya-Durango DE, Ramos KA, Bojang P, Ruiz L, Ramos IN, Ramos KS. LINE-1 silencing by retinoblastoma proteins is effected through the nucleosomal and remodeling deacetylase multiprotein complex. BMC Cancer 16:38, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26810492.
- Sedgwick EL, Ebuoma L, Hamame A, Phalak K, Ruiz-Flores L, Ortiz-Perez T, Sepulveda KA. BI-RADS update for breast cancer caregivers. Breast Cancer Res Treat 150(2):243-54, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25762477.
- Santacana-Laffitte G, Ruiz L, Pedrogo Y, Colon E. Cystic adnexal mass in a 16-year-old female: Ovarian pathology or complication of a Müllerian anomaly?. Am J Case Rep 14:153-156, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23826455.