About Dr. Rytting
Dr. Michael Rytting graduated from The University of Michigan Medical School, completed an Internal Medicine/Pediatrics residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston, and completed a fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. He is currently a professor of pediatrics at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and he has a joint appointment in adult leukemia. Dr. Rytting specializes in pediatric leukemia and lymphoma as well as young adult acute leukemia, and his clinical research is predominantly in acute lymphoblastic leukemia in young adults. In addition he works in the pediatrics neuro-oncology section, where his focus is on ependymoma and pontine glioma.
Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The Children's Cancer Hospital at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Leukemia/Lymphoma Section, Houston, TX
Professor, Department of Leukemia, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1990||University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, MD, Medical Degree|
|1985||Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA, BA, General Biology & Spanish Literature|
|2001||American Board of Pediatrics - Diplomate|
|1998||American Board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology - Diplomate|
|1995||American Board of Internal Medicine - Diplomate|
|1994||American Board of Pediatrics - Diplomate|
- Patel RP, Sitton CW, Ketonen LM, Hou P, Johnson JM, Romo S, Fletcher S, Shah MN, Kerr M, Zaky W, Rytting ME, Khatua S, Sandberg DI. Phase-contrast cerebrospinal fluid flow magnetic resonance imaging in qualitative evaluation of patency of CSF flow pathways prior to infusion of chemotherapeutic and other agents into the fourth ventricle. Childs Nerv Syst 34(3):481-486, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29170836.
- Pemmaraju N, Rytting ME. Questions on asparaginase-associated pancreatitis. Lancet Oncol 18(9):1148-1149, 2017. PMID: 28884687.
- Rytting ME, Jabbour EJ, O'Brien SM, Kantarjian HM. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adolescents and young adults. Cancer 123(13):2398-2403, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28328172.
- Rytting ME, Jabbour EJ, Jorgensen JL, Ravandi F, Franklin AR, Kadia TM, Pemmaraju N, Daver NG, Ferrajoli A, Garcia-Manero G, Konopleva MY, Borthakur G, Garris R, Wang S, Pierce S, Schroeder K, Kornblau SM, Thomas DA, Cortes JE, O'Brien SM, Kantarjian HM. Final results of a single institution experience with a pediatric-based regimen, the augmented berlin-frankfurt-münster (ABFM), in adolescents and young adults (AYA) with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), and comparison to the hyper-CVAD regimen. Am J Hematol 91(8):819-23, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27178680.
- Sandberg DI, Rytting ME, Zaky W, Kerr M, Ketonen L, Kundu U, Moore BD, Yang G, Hou P, Sitton C, Cooper LJ, Gopalakrishnan V, Lee DA, Thall PF, Khatua S. Methotrexate administration directly into the fourth ventricle in children with malignant fourth ventricular brain tumors: a pilot clinical trial. J Neurooncol 125(1):133-41, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26255071.
- Kantarjian H, Thomas D, Jorgensen J, Jabbour E, Kebriaei P, Rytting M, York S, Ravandi F, Kwari M, Faderl S, Rios MB, Cortes J, Fayad L, Tarnai R, Wang SA, Champlin R, Advani A, O'Brien S. Inotuzumab ozogamicin, an anti-CD22-calecheamicin conjugate, for refractory and relapsed acute lymphocytic leukaemia: a phase 2 study. Lancet Oncol 13(4):403-11, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22357140.
- Rytting ME. Lessons from ALL-REZ BFM 90: therapy for childhood leukemia based on timing and site of relapse. Curr Hematol Malig Rep 7(1):1-2, 2012. PMID: 22290023.
- Georgiadou, S; Pongas Georgios; Fitzgerald N; Lewis R; Rytting M; Marom E; Kontoyiannis D. Invasive mold infections in pediatric cancer patients reflect heterogeneity in etiology, presentation, and outcome: a 10-year, single-institution, retrospective study. Journal of the Pediatrics Infectious Disease Society, 2012.
- Green HL, Rytting ME, Cox CS. A Rapidly Growing Lymphoma and Tumor Lysis Syndrome in a Toddler. JAAPA 23(8):32-4, 2010. PMID: 20821911.
- Rytting M. Peg-asparaginase for acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Expert Opin Biol Ther 10(5):833-9, 2010. PMID: 20345338.
- Rytting M, Wierda WG. Central nervous system relapse in two patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia in myeloid blastic phase on imatinib mesylate therapy. Leukemia/Lymphoma 45(8):1623-1626, 2004. PMID: 15370215.
- Rytting M, Pearson P, Raymond AK, Ayala A, Murray J, Yasko AW, Johnson M, Jaffe N. Osteosarcoma in preadolescent patients. Clin Orthop Relat Res 373:39-50, 2000. PMID: 10810461.
- Mullen CA, Petropoulos D, Roberts WM, Rytting M, Zipf T, Chan KW, Culbert SJ, Danielson M, Jeha S, Kuttesch JF, Rolston KV. Outpatient treatment of fever and neutropenia for low risk pediatric cancer patients. Cancer 86(1):126-34, 1999. PMID: 10391572.
- Ravandi F, Rytting M, Osmon C, Braud EL, Roach RW, Edwards K, Winn R, Abbruzzese JL, Pazdur R. Phase II trial of 5-fluorouracil, folinic acid and recombinant alpha-2a-interferon in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. Anticancer Drugs 10(6):519-524, 1999. PMID: 10885898.
- Mullen CA, Petropoulos D, Roberts WM, Rytting M, Zipf T, Chan KW, Culbert SJ, Danielson M, Jeha SS, Kuttesch JF, Rolston KV. Economic and resource utilization analysis of outpatient management of fever and neutropenia in low-risk pediatric patients with cancer. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 21(3):212-18, 1999. PMID: 10363854.
- Mullen CA, Petropoulos D, Rytting M, Jeha S, Zipf T, Roberts WM, Rolston KV. Acute reversible arthropathy in a pediatric patient with cancer treated with a short course of ciprofloxacin for febrile neutropenia. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20(5):516-517, 1998. PMID: 9787333.
- Rytting M, Worth L, Jaffe N. Hemolytic disorders associated with cancer. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 10(2):365-376, 1996. PMID: 8707760.
- DeWire M, Fouladi M, Stewart C, Wetmore C, Hakins C, Jacobs C, Yuan Y, Goldman S, Fisher P, Rytting M, Bouffet E, Khakoo Y, Hwang E, Foreman N, Gilbert M, Gilberson R, Gajjar A.. An open-label, two-stage, phse II study of bevacizumab and lapatinib in children with recurrent or refractory ependymoma: a collaborative ependymoma research network study (CERN). Neuro-Oncology 15(S1):0177, 2013.
- Garcia-Manero G, Thomas DA, Rytting ME, O'Brien S, Franklin AR, Borthakur G, Kwari M, Dara S, Yang H, Kantarjian H. Final Report of a Phase I Trial of Decitabine with or without hyperCVAD In Relapsed Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL). Blood (52nd ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition), 2010.
- Rytting M, Kantarjian H, Thomas DA, Jabbour E, Franklin A, Ravandi F, Faderl S, Garris R, Kadia T, Schroeder K, O'Brien S,. Adolescent and Young Adult Patients Treated with Modified Augmented Berlin-Frankfurt-Muenster Therapy. Blood (52nd ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition), 2010.