About Dr. Naveen Sharma
I am driven by the desire to understand how the immune system works, and I am motivated to use this knowledge to enhance treatment efficacy against cancer. I have extensive experience in immunology, with training and expertise focused on cellular immunology, tumor immunology, in-vivo murine models, infectious diseases, immunological memory, co-stimulatory/co-inhibitory receptors (Checkpoint blockade), T cell differentiation, and Toll-like receptors (TLR). I am a motivated and highly skilled scientist with more than ten years of experience in immunology research with proficiency in project designing, data analysis, data interpretation. I am an Immunologist with knowledge of bioinformatics tools and expertise in various data analysis software. Professional with good communication, presentation and writing skills and well versed about literature.
Instructor, Department of Immunology, Division of Basic Science Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Sharma N, Vacher J, Allison JP. TLR1/2 ligand enhances anti-tumor efficacy of CTLA-4 blockade by increasing intratumoral Treg depletion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 116(21):10453-10462, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31076558.
- Sharma N. Toll-like receptor activation – specific sensitization of cells to respond to host lipid(s) amplifies inflammatory responses, 2019.
- Sharma N, Allison JP. Ig-Like Receptor LILRB4 Regulates Anti-Tumor Immunity And is a Potential Target for Tumor Immunotherapy, 2019.
- Sharma N, Benechet AP, Lefrançois L, Khanna KM. CD8 T Cells Enter the Splenic T Cell Zones Independently of CCR7, but the Subsequent Expansion and Trafficking Patterns of Effector T Cells after Infection Are Dysregulated in the Absence of CCR7 Migratory Cues. J Immunol 195(11):5227-36, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26500349.
- Sharma N, Akhade AS, Qadri A. Sphingosine-1-phosphate suppresses TLR-induced CXCL8 secretion from human T cells. J Leukoc Biol 93(4):521-8, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23345392.