Professor (Tenure), Department of Stem Cell Transplantation, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Faculty team leader in lymphoma/Hodgkin's disease Data Management Team
Member of the Hodgkin Lymphoma Team (in collaboration with Lymphoma, Pediatrics and Radiation Oncology)
Faculty team leader in Aplastic Anemia Data Management Team
Former Co-chair (but ongoing active cooperation), C-IBMTR Working Committee for Donor Health and Safety Incoming Co-Chair, C-IBMTR Working Committee for Non-Malignant Marrow Disorders (2013-2018)
Protocol Chair for MDACC Protocol 2005-0015 (reduced-intensity gemcitabine-based allografting in HL)
Protocol Chair SGN35-005 (MDACC Protocol 2009-0851): A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 3 study of SGN-35 (brentuximab vedotin) and best supportive care (BSC) versus placebo and BSC in the treatment of patients at high risk of residual Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) following autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT). The study has just closed to new patient accrual in September 2012.
Protocol Chair: Bone Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMT-CTN) Protocol 0301 (MDACC 2005-0513): Fludar abine-based, low-dose TBI conditioning regimen for allogeneic transplantation from matched unrelated donors in severe aplastic anemia. The study is approaching accrual completion (tentative completion date: mid-2013)
|1986||University of Modena School of Medicine, Modena, ITA, MD, Medicine|
|1996-1997||Clinical Fellowship, Bone Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1993-1996||Clinical Fellowship, Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1991-1993||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX|
|1990-1991||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX|
|1988-1990||Clinical Fellowship, Hematology, "L.&.A. Seragnoli" Institute of Hematology, Bologna|
|2015||The American Board of Internal Medicine|
|1995||American Board of Internal Medicine/Medical Oncology|
|1993||American Board of Internal Medicine|
|1990||Specialty of Hematology/Italy|
Investigator - Active Registration 2008, National Cancer Institute (NCI), Bethesda, MD, 2008 - Present
Co-Chair, CIBMTR Donor Health and Safety Committee, Milwaukee, WI, 2004 - 2008
Co-Team Leader, Data Management Team, Lymphoma, Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2004 - Present
|2015||Best Doctors, Best Doctors, Inc|
|2014||Best Doctors in America 2014, Best Doctors|
|2013||Best Doctors in America 2013, Best Doctors, Inc|
|2011||Best Doctors in America 2011-2012, Best Doctors, Inc|
|2009||Best Doctors in America 2009-2010, Best Doctors, Inc|
|2007||Best Doctors in America 2007-2008, Best Doctors, Inc|
|1996||Merit Award, American Society of Medical Oncology (ASCO)|
|1986||Summa Cum Laude Graduation, University of Modena School of Medicine|
- O'Donnell PV, Pedersen TL, Confer DL, Rizzo JD, Pulsipher MA, Stroncek D, Leitman S, Anderlini P, Donor Health and Safety Working Committee from Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR). Practice patterns for evaluation, consent and care of related donors and recipients at hematopoietic cell transplant centers in the United States. Blood 115(24):5097-5101, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20228276.
- Hosing C, Saliba RM, Ahlawat S, Körbling M, Kebriaei P, Alousi A, De Lima M, Okoroji JG, McMannis J, Qazilbash M, Anderlini P, Giralt S, Champlin RE, Khouri I, Popat U. Poor hematopoietic stem cell mobilizers: A single institution study of incidence and risk factors in patients with recurrent or relapsed lymphoma. Am J Hematol 84(6):335-7, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19384931.
- Tam CS, Bassett R, Ledesma C, Korbling M, Alousi A, Hosing C, Kebraei P, Harrell R, Rondon G, Giralt SA, Anderlini P, Popat U, Pro B, Samuels B, Hagemeister F, Medeiros LJ, Champlin RE, Khouri IF. Mature results of the MD Anderson Cancer Center risk-adapted transplantation strategy in mantle cell lymphoma. Blood 113(18):4144-4152, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19168784.
- Pulsipher MA, Chitphakdithai P, Miller JP, Logan BR, King RJ, Rizzo JD, Leitman SF, Anderlini P, Haagenson MD, Kurian S, Klein JP, Horowitz MM, Confer DL. Adverse events among 2408 unrelated donors of peripheral blood stem cells: Results of a prospective trial from the National Marrow Donor Program. Blood 113(15):3604-3611, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19190248.
- Devetten MP, Hari PN, Carreras J, Logan BR, van Besien K, Bredeson CN, Freytes CO, Gale RP, Gibson J, Giralt SA, Goldstein SC, Gupta V, Marks DI, Maziarz RT, Vose JM, Lazarus HM, Anderlini P. Unrelated donor reduced-intensity allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for relapsed and refractory Hodgkin lymphoma. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15(1):109-17, 2009. PMID: 19135949.
- Peggs KS, Anderlini P, Sureda A. Allogeneic transplantation for Hodgkin lymphoma. Br J Haematol 143(4):468-80, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18710379.
- Anderlini P, Saliba R, Acholonu S, Giralt SA, Andersson B, Ueno NT, Hosing C, Khouri IF, Couriel D, de Lima M, Qazilbash MH, Pro B, Romaguera J, Fayad L, Hagemeister F, Younes A, Munsell MF, Champlin RE. Fludarabine-melphalan as a preparative regimen for reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation in relapsed and refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma: the updated M.D. Anderson Cancer Center experience. Haematologica 93(2):257-64, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18223284.
- Anderlini P, Champlin RE. Biologic and molecular effects of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in healthy individuals: recent findings and current challenges. Blood 111(4):1767-72, 2008. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 18057230.
- Anderlini P, Champlin RE. Reduced Intensity Conditioning for Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation in Relapsed and Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma: Where Do We Stand?. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12(6):599-602, 2006. PMID: 16737932.
- Anderlini P, Saliba R, Acholonu S, Okoroji GJ, Donato M, Giralt S, Andersson B, Ueno NT, Khouri I, De Lima M, Hosing C, Cohen A, Ippoliti C, Romaguera J, Rodriguez MA, Pro B, Fayad L, Goy A, Younes A, Champlin RE. Reduced-intensity allogeneic stem cell transplantation in relapsed and refractory Hodgkin's disease: low transplant-related mortality and impact of intensity of conditioning regimen. Bone Marrow Transplant 35(10):943-51, 2005. PMID: 15806128.
- Anderlini P, Acholonu SA, Okoroji GJ, Andersson BS, Couriel DR, De Lima MJ, Donato ML, Khouri IF, Giralt SA, Ueno NT, Champlin RE. Donor leukocyte infusions in relapsed Hodgkin's lymphoma following allogeneic stem cell transplantation: CD3+ cell dose, GVHD and disease response. Bone Marrow Transplant 34(6):511-4, 2004. PMID: 15273710.
- Anderlini P, Chan FA, Champlin RE, Korbling M, Strom SS. Long-term follow-up of normal peripheral blood progenitor cell donors treated with filgrastim: no evidence of increased risk of leukemia development. Bone Marrow Transplant 30(10):661-3, 2002. PMID: 12420204.
- Przepiorka D, Anderlini P, Saliba R, Cleary K, Mehra R, Khouri I, Huh YO, Giralt S, Braunschweig I, van Besien K, Champlin R. Chronic graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic blood stem cell transplantation. Blood 98(6):1695-700, 2001. PMID: 11535499.
- Anderlini P, Rizzo JD, Nugent ML, Schmitz N, Champlin RE, Horowitz MM. Peripheral blood stem cell donation: an analysis from the International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry (IBMTR) and European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplant (EBMT) databases. Bone Marrow Transplant 27(7):689-92, 2001. PMID: 11360107.
- Anderlini P. Effects and safety of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in healthy volunteers. Curr Opin Hematol 16(1):35-40, 2009. PMID: 19057203.