About Dr. Gopal
Dr. Ramesh Gopal is in clinical practice in radiation oncology at MD Anderson at Presbyterian Radiation Treatment Center in Albuquerque, NM, where he serve as Medical Director and Physician Site Lead. In this capacity Dr. Gopal coordinates the care of patients between the New Mexico locations, with the Presbyterian Oncology Group physicians and other community physicians. He is happy to be able to bring MD Anderson care and standards to patients in Albuquerque. Outside of work Dr. Gopal enjoys travel, photography and the study of ancient Greek and Roman history.
Committee Chair, Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Albuquerque, NM
|1997||Northwestern University, Dept. of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Chicago, IL, USA, PHD, Integrated Graduate Program in Life Sciences|
|1992||Grant Medical College and J.J. Hospital, Bombay, IND, MD, Medicine|
|2002||American Board of Radiology|
Institutional Committee Activities
Chair, Cancer Committee, Presbyterian Healthcare Services, 2013 - Present
Member, Cancer Committee, Presbyterian Healthcare Services, 2007 - Present
Member, Executive Committee, Radiology Inc, 2005 - 2005
Member, Residency Applicant Review Committee, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, U.T. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 2001 - 2002
- Grant JD, Garg AK, Gopal R, Soliman PT, Jhingran A, Eifel PJ, Klopp AH. Isolated port-site metastases after minimally invasive hysterectomy for endometrial cancer: outcomes of patients treated with radiotherapy. Int J Gynecol Cancer 25(5):869-74, 2015. PMID: 25790043.
- Gopal RS, Dubey S, Rosenzweig KE, Chang JY, Decker R, Gewanter RM, Kong FM, Lally BE, Langer CJ, Lee HK, Movsas B. ACR Appropriateness Criteria® on Induction and Adjuvant Therapy for Stage N2 Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: expert panel on radiation oncology-lung. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78(4):969-74, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20813465.
- Rosenzweig KE, Movsas B, Bradley J, Gewanter RM, Gopal RS, Komaki RU, Kong FM, Lee HK, Feins RH, Langer CJ. ACR appropriateness criteria on nonsurgical treatment for non-small-cell lung cancer: poor performance status or palliative intent. J Am Coll Radiol 6(2):85-95, 2009. PMID: 19179235.
- Gopal R, Tucker SL, Komaki R, Liao Z, Forster KM, Stevens C, Kelly JF, Starkschall G. The relationship between local dose and loss of function for irradiated lung. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56(1):106-13, 2003. PMID: 12694828.
- Gopal R, Starkschall G. Plan space: representation of treatment plans in multidimensional space. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 53(5):1328-36, 2002. PMID: 12128136.
- Dabaja BS, Ha CS, Thomas DA, Wilder RB, Gopal R, Cortes J, Bueso-Ramos C, Hess MA, Cox JD, Kantarjian HM. The role of local radiation therapy for mediastinal disease in adults with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. Cancer 94(10):2738-44, 2002. PMID: 12173345.
- Gopal R, Ha CS, Tucker SL, Khouri IF, Giralt SA, Gajewski JL, Andersson BS, Cox JD, Champlin RE. Comparison of two total body irradiation fractionation regimens with respect to acute and late pulmonary toxicity. Cancer 92(7):1949-58, 2001. PMID: 11745270.