About Dr. Rasoul Pourebrahimabadi
Dr. Pourebrahimabadi's research focuses on the use of mouse genetics and cell culture experiments to understand the contribution of p53 mediated senescence to the regulation of de novo resistance and minimal residual disease (MRD) in Leukemia. The focus of this work is on MDM2 and other regulators of p53 activity, specifically in the bone marrow microenvironment. His work seeks to understand how MDM2/p53 activity in hematopoietic niche modulate leukemia cell survival upon treatment. Dr. Pourebrahimabadi's efforts are also dedicated to understanding the role of mutant p53 gain of function in leukemia drug resistance. He also is using in vivo CRISPR screen to identify the kinases contributing to p53 mediated senescence in bone marrow stromal cells. His hope is to better understand the pathophysiology of chemoresistance in order to improve clinical practice both in terms of overcoming de novo resistance to current anti-leukemic therapies as well as identifying new targets for modulating the leukemia microenvironment.
|2010||Katholic University of Leuven (KUL), Leuven, BEL, PHD, Genetics|
|1997||Isfahan Univeristy of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, IRN, MD, Medicine|
Clinical Research Scientist, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, 2002 - 2005
Physician, National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) Hospital, Tehran, 2000 - 2002
- Pourebrahim R, Zhang Y, Liu B, Gao R, Xiong S, Lin PP, McArthur MJ, Ostrowski MC, Lozano G. Integrative genome analysis of somatic p53 mutant osteosarcomas identifies Ets2-dependent regulation of small nucleolar RNAs by mutant p53 protein. Genes Dev 31(18):1847-1857, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29021240.
- Laskowski TJ, Van Caeneghem Y, Pourebrahim R, Ma C, Ni Z, Garate Z, Crane AM, Li XS, Liao W, Gonzalez-Garay M, Segovia JC, Paschon DE, Rebar EJ, Holmes MC, Kaufman D, Vandekerckhove B, Davis BR. Gene Correction of iPSCs from a Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome Patient Normalizes the Lymphoid Developmental and Functional Defects. Stem Cell Reports 7(2):139-48, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27396937.
- Pourebrahim R, Houtmeyers R, Ghogomu S, Janssens S, Thelie A, Tran HT, Langenberg T, Vleminckx K, Bellefroid E, Cassiman JJ, Tejpar S. Transcription factor Zic2 inhibits Wnt/β-catenin protein signaling. J Biol Chem 286(43):37732-40, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21908606.
- Pourebrahim R, Van Dam K, Bauters M, De Wever I, Sciot R, Cassiman JJ, Tejpar S. ZIC1 gene expression is controlled by DNA and histone methylation in mesenchymal proliferations. FEBS Lett 581(26):5122-6, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17936758.
- Larijani B, Fakhrzadeh H, Hamidi A, Pourebrahim R. Household cardiovascular health education. A school-based approach. Saudi Med J 28(4):643-5, 2007. PMID: 17457499.
- Hamidi A, Fakhrzadeh H, Moayyeri A, Pourebrahim R, Heshmat R, Noori M, Rezaeikhah Y, Larijani B. Obesity and associated cardiovascular risk factors in Iranian children: a cross-sectional study. Pediatr Int 48(6):566-71, 2006. PMID: 17168975.
- Pourebrahim R, Fakhrzadeh H, Bandarian F, Tabatabaie O, Noori M, Djalilpour F, Zahedi F, Rahimi I, Heshmat R, Djavadi E, Ghotbi S, Larijani B. Household cardiovascular screening of high-risk families: a school-based study. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 13(2):229-35, 2006. PMID: 16575277.
- Fakhrzadeh H, Ghotbi S, Pourebrahim R, Nouri M, Heshmat R, Bandarian F, Shafaee A, Larijani B. Total plasma homocysteine, folate, and vitamin B12 status in healthy Iranian adults: the Tehran homocysteine survey (2003-2004)/a cross-sectional population based study. BMC Public Health 6:29, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16472406.
- Ebrahimpour P, Fakhrzadeh H, Pourebrahim R, Hamidi A, Larijani B. Metabolic syndrome and related insulin levels in obese children. Metab Syndr Relat Disord 4(3):172-8, 2006. PMID: 18370735.
- Fakhrzadeh H, Ebrahimpour P, Pourebrahim R, Heshmat R, Larijani B. Metabolic Syndrome and its Associated Risk Factors in Healthy Adults: A Population-Based Study in Iran. Metab Syndr Relat Disord 4(1):28-34, 2006. PMID: 18370767.
- Fakhrzadeh H, Ghotbi S, Pourebrahim R, Heshmat R, Nouri M, Shafaee A, Larijani B.. Plasma homocysteine concentration and blood pressure in healthy Iranian adults: the Tehran Homocysteine Survey (2003-2004). J Hum Hypertens 19(11):869-76, 2005. PMID: 16049520.
- Larijani B, Fakhrzadeh H, Mohaghegh M, Pourebrahim R, Akhlaghi MR. Burden of coronary heart disease on the Iranian oil industry (1999-2000). East Mediterr Health J 9(5-6):904-10, 2003. PMID: 16450520.