Associate Professor, Department of Gastrointestinal (GI) Medical Oncology - Research, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Department of Gastroenterology - Research, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Instructor, Department of Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1999||Beijing Institute for Cancer Research, The School of Oncology, Beijing University, Beijing, CHN, PHD, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology|
|1989||Wuhan University, Hubei Medical College, Hubei, CHN, MS, Microbiology & Immunolgy|
|1986||Binjou Medical College, Shandong, CHN, MD|
|2002-2004||Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of GI Medicine and Nutrition The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1999-2002||Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, U.T.M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
- Song S, Ajani JA. The role of microRNAs in cancers of the upper gastrointestinal tract. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 10(2):109-18, 2013. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 23165235.
- Song S, Ji B, Ramachandran V, Wang H, Hafley M, Logsdon C, Bresalier RS. Overexpressed galectin-3 in pancreatic cancer induces cell proliferation and invasion by binding ras and activating ras signaling. PLoS One 7(8):e42699, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22900040.
- Mendelson J, Song S, Li Y, Maru DM, Mishra B, Davila M, Hofstetter WL, Mishra L. Dysfunctional transforming growth factor-β signaling with constitutively active Notch signaling in Barrett's esophageal adenocarcinoma. Cancer 117(16):3691-702, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21305538.
- Song S, Guan B, Men T, Hoque A, Lotan R, Xu XC. Antitumor effect of retinoic acid receptor-beta2 associated with suppression of cyclooxygenase-2. Cancer Prev Res (Phila Pa) 2(3):274-80, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19258542.
- Song S, Mazurek N, Liu C, Sun Y, Ding QQ, Liu K, Hung MC, Bresalier RS. Galectin-3 mediates nuclear beta-catenin accumulation and Wnt signaling in human colon cancer cells by regulation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta activity. Cancer Res 69(4):1343-9, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19190323.
- Song S, Krishnan K, Liu K, Bresalier RS. Polyphenon E inhibits the growth of human Barrett's and aerodigestive adenocarcinoma cells by suppressing cyclin D1 expression. Clin Cancer Res 15(2):622-31, 2009. PMID: 19147768.
- Song S, Guha S, Liu KF, Buttar NS, Bresalier RS.. Induction of COX-2 by unconjugated bile acids involves reactive oxygen species-mediated signaling pathway in the esophagus. Gut 56:1512-1521, 2007.
- Song S, Lippman SM, Zou Y, Ye X, Ajani JA, Xu XC. Induction of cyclooxygenase-2 by benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide through inhibition of retinoic acid receptor-beta 2 expression. Oncogene 24(56):8268-76, 2005. PMID: 16170369.
- Song S, Byrd JC, Mazurek N, Liu K, Koo JS, Bresalier RS. Galectin-3 modulates MUC2 mucin expression in human colon cancer cells at the level of transcription via AP-1 activation. Gastroenterology 129(5):1581-91, 2005. PMID: 16285957.
- Lei H, An P, Song S, Liu X, He L, Wu J, Meng L, Liu M, Yang J, Shou C . A Novel Peptide Isolated from a Phage Display Library Inhibits Tumor Growth and Metastasis by Blocking the Binding of Vascular Endothelial Growth factor to its Kinase Domain Receptor. J. Bio Chem 277:43137-43142, 2002.
- Song S, Xu XC. Effect of benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide on expression of retinoic acid receptor-beta in immortalized esophageal epithelial cells and esophageal cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281(4):872-7, 2001. PMID: 11237740.
- Song S, Mishra L. Reply to dysfunctional transforming growth factor-β signaling with constitutively active notch signaling in Barrett's esophageal adenocarcinoma. Cancer. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21898378.
- Song S, Byrd JC, Guha S, Liu KF, Koul D, Bresalier RS. Induction of MUC5AC mucin by conjugated bile acids in the esophagus involves the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase C/activator protein-1 pathway. Cancer. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 21157954.
- Song S, Byrd J, Guha S, Liu K-F, Koul D, Bresalier R. Induction of MUC5AC mucin by conjugated bile acids involves P13K/AKT/AP-1 pathway in Esophagus. Cancer.
|Title:||Mucin glycoproteins in colorectal cancer metastasis|
|Title:||The role of Galectin-3 in pancreatic stromal-epithelial interactions and associated tumor fibrosis|
|Funding Source:||Texas Medical Center Digestive Disease Center|
|Title:||Inhibition of Hedgehog Signaling in Gli-1 + Adeno CA|
|Title:||Dual pathway inhibition in biomarker|
|Title:||Dysfunctional of TGF-β signaling via β2SP activates SOX9 and C-MYC via Notch signaling in Hepatocellular|
|Title:||Dysfunctional TGF-β Signaling with Constitutively Active Notch Signaling Contributes to Barrett's Esophageal Adenocarcinoma|
|Title:||Molecular Mechanisms and Novel targets in Gastric Cancer|
|Funding Source:||Gap Funding|
|Title:||Prediction of Pathologic Complete Response by Gene Expression in Esophageal Adenocarcinoma,CA|
|Title:||Novel Therapeutic Target, Hippo Coactivator YAP1/SOX9 Axis, in Esophageal Adenocarcinoma|
|Funding Source:||UTMDACC IRG Program|
|Title:||Modulation of Cancer Stem Cell Signaling in Novel Models of Esophageal Adenocarcinoma|
|Title:||Identifying Novel Therapeutic Targets for Esophageal Adenocarcinoma by Targeting Cancer Stem Cells-Focus on TGF-beta and Hippo/YAP Signaling|