About Dr. Khatua
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Section Chief, Neuro-Oncology, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1982||Calcutta Medical College, Calcutta, IND, MBBS, Medicine|
|2008-2009||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Neuro-Oncology, Children's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA|
|2000-2003||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC|
|1997-2000||Clinical Residency, Driscoll Children's Hospital, Corpus Christi, TX|
|1988-1988||Clinical Fellowship, Westminster's Children Hospital, London|
|1987-1987||Clinical Fellowship, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL|
|1983-1984||Clinical Residency, Calcutta Medical College, Calcutta|
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, Neuro-Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2015
- Verma A, Zhou H, Chin S, Bruggers C, Kestle J, Khatua S. EGFR as a predictor of relapse in myxopapillary ependymoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:746-8, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 22190537.
- O'Neil S, Ji L, Buranahirun C, Azoff J, Dhall G, Khatua S, Patel S, Panigrahy A, Borchert M, Sposto R, Finlay J. Neurocognitive outcomes in pediatric and adolescent patients with central nervous system germinoma treated with a strategy of chemotherapy followed by reduced-dose and volume irradiation. Pediatr Blood Cancer 57(4):669-73, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21495164.
- Khatua S, Dhall G, O'Neil S. Treatment of primary CNS germinomatous germ cell tumors with chemotherapy prior to reduced dose whole ventricular and local boost irradiation. Pediatr Blood and Cancer 55:42-6, 2010. PMID: 20222020.
- Becher OJ, Peterson KM, Khatua S, Santi MR, MacDonald TJ. IGFBP2 is overexpressed by pediatric malignant astrocytomas and induces the repair enzyme DNA-PK. J Child Neurol 23:1205-13, 2008. PMID: 18952587.
- Khatua S, Sadighi ZS, Pearlman ML, Bochare S, Vats TS. Brain Tumors in Children- Current Therapies and Newer Directions. Indian J Pediatr 79:922-7, 2012. PMID: 222944272.
- Sadighi Z, Vats T, Khatua S. The Paradigm Shift in Molecular Stratification and Treatment Profile. Child Neurology 27:1302-7, 2012. PMID: 22826514.
- Khatua S, Moore K, Vats T, Kestle J. Diffuse Pontine Glioma in children- current status and future directions. Childs Nervous System 27:1391-97, 2011. PMID: 21533575.
- Dhall G, Khatua S, Finaly JL. Pineal Region Tumors in Children. Curr Opin Neurology 23:576-82, 2010. PMID: 21042218.
- Khatua S, Phillips A, Fangusaro J, Bovan S, Dhall G, Finlay JL. Recurrent pure CNS germinoma with markedly elevated serum and cerebrospinal fluid human chorionic gonadotropin-beta (HCGβ). Annual meeting of Society of Neuro-Oncology, 2011. PMID: 20949592.
- Bruggers C, Moore K, Khatua S. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Spectroscopy in pediatric atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumors. Annual meeting of the Society Neuro-Oncology, 2010.