About Dr. Subbiah
Assistant Professor, Department of Investigational Cancer Therapeutics, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
1. Adolescent and Young adult oncology
2. Clinical Trials with molecularly targeted agents –in targetable rare diseases ( eg, Sarcomas, NF2, )
3. Unusual Responder interest: Dramatic Responses in Cancer patients. N–of-ONE studies. In depth analysis by deep sequencing, morphoproteomics, next generation sequencing and other cutting edge methods for analysis of response/ resistance mechanisms.
4. Phase 1 trials – Drug development ( Targeted therapy, Radiopharmaceutical therapy and Immunotherapy)
|2002||Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai, IND, MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Adult Medical Oncology Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2009-2011||Research Fellowship, Investigational Cancer Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2008-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2005-2008||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Combined Residency, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH|
|2004-2005||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Combined Internship, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (Metrohealth Medical Center), Cleveland, OH|
|2003-2003||Visiting Scholar, Emergency Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Division of Emergency Medicine, Palo Alto, CA|
|2001-2002||Clinical Internship, Medicine and Surgery, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai|
|2011||Diplomate of American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)|
|2008||Diplomate of American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)|
|2004||Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)|
Institutional Committee Activities
Committee Member, Faculty Academic Review Committee (FARC), 2014 - Present
|2012||The Connie and Jim Walter Fellowship in Sarcoma Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2010||The 2010 Daniel Benedict Gazen Fellowship Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2010||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Inc, First Place in Population/Patient Oriented Research|
|2010||Best Survivorship Poster Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2009||Trainee of the Quarter Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2008||Research Excellence Award, Case Western Reserve University|
|2008||Trainee Travel Award, Thrombosis Society|
|2006||Best Case Presentation, Med West Med-Peds Meeting|
|2004||Pfizer Research Excellence Award, Great Lakes Research Symposium|
|2000||Oral Presentation in World Health Organization|
- Subbiah V, Meyer C, Zinner R, Meric-Bernstam F, Zahurak ML, O'Connor A, Roszik J, Shaw K, Ludwig JA, Kurzrock R, Azad NA. Phase Ib/II study of safety & efficacy of combination therapy with multikinase VEGF inhibitor Pazopanib and MEK inhibitor Trametinib in advanced soft tissue sarcoma. Clin Cancer Res 23(15):4027-4034, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28377484.
- Kairemo K, Ravizzini GC, Macapinlac HA, Subbiah V. An Assessment of Early Response to Targeted Therapy via Molecular Imaging: A Pilot Study of 3'-deoxy-3'[(18)F]-Fluorothymidine Positron Emission Tomography (18)F-FLT PET/CT in Prostate Adenocarcinoma. Diagnostics (Basel) 7(2), 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28375169.
- Reilley MJ, Bailey A, Subbiah V, Janku F, Naing A, Falchook G, Karp D, Piha-Paul S, Tsimberidou A, Fu S, Lim J, Bean S, Bass A, Montez S, Vence L, Sharma P, Allison J, Meric-Bernstam F, Hong DS. Phase I clinical trial of combination imatinib and ipilimumab in patients with advanced malignancies. J Immunother Cancer 5:35, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28428884.
- Shroff RT, Yarchoan M, O'Connor A, Gallagher D, Zahurak ML, Rosner G, Ohaji C, Sartorius-Mergenthaler S, Subbiah V, Zinner R, Azad NS. The oral VEGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor pazopanib in combination with the MEK inhibitor trametinib in advanced cholangiocarcinoma. Br J Cancer. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28441383.
- Subbiah V, Khawaja MR, Hong DS, Amini B, Yungfang J, Liu H, Johnson A, Schrock AB, Ali SM, Sun JX, Fabrizio D, Piha-Paul S, Fu S, Tsimberidou AM, Naing A, Janku F, Karp DD, Overman M, Eng C, Kopetz S, Meric-Bernstam F, Falchook GS. First-in-human trial of multikinase VEGF inhibitor regorafenib and anti-EGFR antibody cetuximab in advanced cancer patients. JCI Insight 2(8). e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28422758.
- Wang Z, Piha-Paul S, Janku F, Subbiah V, Shi N, Gong J, Wathoo C, Shaw K, Hess K, Broaddus R, Naing A, Hong D, Tsimberidou AM, Karp D, Yao J, Meric-Bernstam F, Fu S. Antiangiogenesis and gene aberration-related therapy may improve overall survival in patients with concurrent KRAS and TP53 hotspot mutant cancer. Oncotarget. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28430579.
- Groisberg R, Hong DS, Holla V, Janku F, Piha-Paul S, Ravi V, Benjamin R, Patel SK, Somaiah N, Conley A, Ali SM, Schrock AB, Ross JS, Stephens PJ, Miller VA, Sen S, Herzog C, Meric-Bernstam F, Subbiah V. Clinical genomic profiling to identify actionable alterations for investigational therapies in patients with diverse sarcomas. Oncotarget. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28424409.
- Groisberg R, Subbiah V, Hong DS, Janku F, Piha-Paul SA, Naing A, Benjamin R, Kumar Putal S, Somaiah N, Conley A. Characteristics and outcomes of patients with advanced sarcoma enrolled in early phase immunotherapy trials. AACR Annual Meeting 2017, 2017.
- Subbiah IM, Hess KR, Fujii T, Alshawa A, Lui A, Roy S, Khanji R, Subbiah V, Naing A, Hong DS. Immuno-oncology and the elderly: A comparative analysis of participation and toxicities of senior adults aged 65 years and above vs mid age and adolescent/young adult patients on immunotherapy-based phase I clinical trials. 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting, 2017.
- . IM Subbiah, V Subbiah, AO Kaseb, F Janku, JJ Wheler, A Naing, S Fu, SA Piha-Paul, DS Hong, GS Falchook, AM Tsimberidou, R Kurzrock. Characteristics and outcomes of patients with gallbladder cancer and cholangiocarcinoma referred to a phase I clinic, 2012.