About Dr. Zijian Zhou
Zijian Zhou, PhD, is an Instructor in the Department of Imaging Physics at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Zhou received his Master degree of Biomedical Engineering and PhD of Chemistry from Duke University. While studying at Duke His research was focused on NMR chemical physical principles and novel MRI contrast development. He then received postdoctoral training under the mentorship of Professor Jingfei Ma at MD Anderson, and his research was focused on MRI pulse sequence development and deep learning applications in medical images. His work has been recognized through receiving multiple awards from Duke, MD Anderson, and international conferences. He has authored and co-authored multiple articles which are published in Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Radiotherapy and Oncology, and Radiology. He also serves as a reviewer for multiple academic journals.
Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2021
|2020||ISMRM Magna Cum Laude Merit Award, ISMRM|
|2017||Kathleen Zielik Fellowship, Duke University|
- Zhou Z, Sanders JW, Johnson JM, Gule-Monroe M, Chen M, Briere TM, Wang Y, Son JB, Pagel MD, Ma J, Li J. MetNet: Computer-aided segmentation of brain metastases in post-contrast T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging. Radiother Oncol 153:189-196, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32937104.
- Colell JFP, Logan AWJ, Zhou Z, Lindale JR, Laasner R, Shchepin RV, Chekmenev EY, Blum V, Warren WS, Malcolmson SJ, Theis T. Rational ligand choice extends the SABRE substrate scope. Chem Commun (Camb) 56(65):9336-9339, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32671356.
- Zhou Z, Sanders JW, Johnson JM, Gule-Monroe MK, Chen MM, Briere TM, Wang Y, Son JB, Pagel MD, Li J, Ma J. Computer-aided Detection of Brain Metastases in T1-weighted MRI for Stereotactic Radiosurgery Using Deep Learning Single-Shot Detectors. Radiology 295(2):407-415, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32181729.
- Tanner CPN, Lindale JR, Eriksson SL, Zhou Z, Colell JFP, Theis T, Warren WS. Selective hyperpolarization of heteronuclear singlet states via pulsed microtesla SABRE. J Chem Phys 151(4):044201, 2019. PMID: 31370556.
- Lindale JR, Eriksson SL, Tanner CPN, Zhou Z, Colell JFP, Zhang G, Bae J, Chekmenev EY, Theis T, Warren WS. Unveiling coherently driven hyperpolarization dynamics in signal amplification by reversible exchange. Nat Commun 10(1):395, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30674881.
- Bae J, Zhou Z, Theis T, Warren WS, Wang Q. 15N4-1,2,4,5-tetrazines as potential molecular tags: Integrating bioorthogonal chemistry with hyperpolarization and unearthing para-N2. Sci Adv 4(3):eaar2978, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29536045.
- Zhou Z, Yu J, Colell JFP, Laasner R, Logan A, Barskiy DA, Shchepin RV, Chekmenev EY, Blum V, Warren WS, Theis T. Long-Lived 13C2 Nuclear Spin States Hyperpolarized by Parahydrogen in Reversible Exchange at Microtesla Fields. J Phys Chem Lett 8(13):3008-3014, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28594557.
- Colell JF, Logan AW, Zhou Z, Shchepin RV, Barskiy DA, Ortiz GX, Wang Q, Malcolmson SJ, Chekmenev EY, Warren WS, Theis T. Generalizing, Extending, and Maximizing Nitrogen-15 Hyperpolarization Induced by Parahydrogen in Reversible Exchange. J Phys Chem C Nanomater Interfaces 121(12):6626-6634, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28392884.
- Davis RM, Zhou Z, Chung H, Warren WS. Multi-spin echo spatial encoding provides three-fold improvement of temperature precision during intermolecular zero quantum thermometry. Magn Reson Med 75(5):1958-66, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26077531.
- Zhou Z, Claytor K, Warren WS, Theis T. Accessing long lived (1)H states via (2)H couplings. J Magn Reson 263:108-115, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26774648.
- Zhou Z, Elshafeey NA, Rauch DE, Adrada BE, Candelaria RP, Guirguis MS, Yang W, Boge M, Mohamed RM, Whitman GJ, Lane DL, Le-Petross HC, Leung JWT, Santiago L, Scoggins ME, Spak DA, Patel MM, Perez F, Tripathy D, Valero V, Yam C, Moulder S, White JB, Son JB, Pagel MD, Ma J.. Deep learning for early prediction of neoadjuvant chemotherapy response in triple negative breast Cancers, 2021.
- Zhou Z, Sanders JW, Johnson JM. “Computer-aided detection and segmentation of brain metastases in MRI for stereotactic radiosurgery using deep learning ensembles, 2020.
- Zhou Z, Xu G, Son JB, Ma J. “Computer-aided detection of mantle cell lymphoma in 18F-FDG PET/CT using deep convolutional neural networks, 2020.
- Zhou Z, Sanders JW, Johnson JM. Machine learning based detection of brain cancer metastases in MR images for stereotactic radiosurgery using single-shot detectors, 2019.
- Zhou Z, Yu J, Colell FP. Hyperpolarization of 13C using SABRE-SHEATH and direct polarization of long-lived singlet states, 2017.
- Theis T, Zhou Z, Yu J. Cost-efficient hyperpolarization of long-lived nuclear spin states on carbon-13 spin pairs, 2017.
- Bae J, Zhou Z, Shen K,. “Hyperpolarized molecular tags as a novel strategy for developing imaging probes, 2017.
- Zhou Z, Yu J, Theis T. Unveiling details of long-lived states of 13C2-1,2-di methoxy diphenyl acetylene, 2016.
- Zhou Z, Theis T, Claytor K. Exploring long-lived states in trans-ethylene-d2, 2015.