Professor, Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1978||Department of Immunology, US Naval Research Unit-3 Ein-Shams School of Medicine, Cairo, EGY, PHD, Mechanism of Cell-Mediated Immunity in Tuberculous Meningitis|
|1973||Ein-Shams School of Medicine, Cairo, EGY, DMSc, Clinical Pathology|
|1970||Ein-Shams School of Medicine, Cairo, EGY, MBChB, M.D|
|1988||Anatomic and Clinical Pathology|
Associate Professor and Pathologist, Director of Flow Cytometry Section, Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology, The University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 1991 - 1995
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, The University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 1987 - 1991
Head & Neck Section Chief, Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 1998 - Present
Head and Neck Section Chief, Cell Kinetric and Flow Cytometry, Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 1987 - 1998
|2014||Endocrine-Related Cancer Award, Society for Endocrinology|
|2012||Foreign Member of the The Royal Society of Arts and Sciences in Gothenburg, Kungl. Vetenskaps- och Vitterhets-Samhället i Göteborg|
|2010||The American Head and Neck Surgeons, Hayes-Martin Memorial Lectureship|
|2007||The American Head and Neck Surgeons, Presidential Citation|
|1998||Kenneth D. Muller Endowed Professorship in Cancer Research|
|1997||The B. Rothschild Senior Research Scholarship, Curie Institute|
|1994||The Mediterranean Society of Tumor Markers, Recognition Award|
|1978||Letter of Merits, US Naval Medical Research, Unit - 3 (NAMRU - 3)|
- Perrier ND, El-Naggar AK. Editorial: How clinically significant is minimal extrathyroidal extension in papillary thyroid cancer?. Surgery 159(1):22, 2016. PMID: 26518390.
- El-Naggar AK, Westra WH. p16 expression as a surrogate marker for HPV-related oropharyngeal carcinoma: a guide for interpretative relevance and consistency. Head Neck 34(4):459-61, 2012. PMID: 22180304.
- Diegel CR, Cho KR, El-Naggar AK, Williams BO, Lindvall C. Mammalian target of rapamycin-dependent acinar cell neoplasia after inactivation of Apc and Pten in the mouse salivary gland: implications for human acinic cell carcinoma. Cancer Res 70(22):9143-52, 2010. PMID: 21062985.
- Anzick SL, Chen WD, Park Y, Meltzer P, Bell D, El-Naggar AK, Kaye FJ. Unfavorable prognosis of CRTC1-MAML2 positive mucoepidermoid tumors with CDKN2A deletions. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49(1):59-69, 2010. PMID: 19827123.
- El-Naggar AK, Kaye FJ, Shirazi Y, Gutkind JS, Forastiere AA. Meeting report--the NIDCR 2(nd) Salivary Gland Tumor Meeting, November 2008. Head Neck 31(12):1542-3, 2009. PMID: 19890918.
- Saintigny P, El-Naggar AK, Papadimitrakopoulou V, Ren H, Fan YH, Feng L, Lee JJ, Kim ES, Hong WK, Lippman SM, Mao L. DeltaNp63 overexpression, alone and in combination with other biomarkers, predicts the development of oral cancer in patients with leukoplakia. Clin Cancer Res 15(19):6284-91, 2009. PMID: 19773378.
- El-Naggar AK, Hopper C, Upile T, Jerjes W. Head & Neck Oncology: purpose, scope and goals-charting the future. Head Neck Oncol 1:1, 2009. PMID: 19284679.
- El-Naggar AK. Commentary: Clinicopathology features and long-term outcome of 293 phyllodes tumours of the breast. Breast Disease 19:144-145, 2008.
- Liu Z, Hou P, Ji M, Guan H, Studeman K, Jensen K, Vasko V, El-Naggar AK, Xing M. Highly prevalent genetic alterations in receptor tyrosine kinases and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/akt and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in anaplastic and follicular thyroid cancers. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3106-3116, 2008. PMID: 18492751.
- El-Naggar AK. Commentary: Clear cell hidradenoma of the skin-a third tumor type with a t(11;19) associated TORC1-MAML2 gene fusion; Genes Chromosomes Cancer 2005;43:202-205. Adv Anat Pathology 13:80-82, 2006.
- Ramdas L, Giri U, Ashorn CL, Coombes KR, El-Naggar A, Ang KK, Story MD. miRNA expression profiles in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and adjacent normal tissue. Head Neck. PMID: 19260130.
|Title:||Salivary Gland Tumor Biorepository|