Assistant Professor, Department of Department of Palliative, Rehabilitation, and Integrative Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2013||University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, MS, 2008; PHD, Clinical and Biological/Health Psychology|
|2002||Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA, BS, Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology and BA in Psychology|
|2013-2014||Clinical Fellowship, Post-Doctoral Primary Care Psychology Fellow, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX|
Health Psychologist, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - Present
- Folsom S (Co first author), Christie AJ (Co first author), Cohen, L, Lopez, G. Implementing telehealth music therapy services in an integrative oncology setting: A case series. Integr Cancer Ther, 2021.
- GLopez G, Christie AJ, Powers-James C, Bae MS, Dibaj SS, Gomez T, Williams JL, Bruera E. The effects of inpatient music therapy on self-reported symptoms at an academic cancer center: a preliminary report. Supportive Care in Cancer 27(11):4207-4212, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30825024.
- Lopez G, Lacey J, Christie A, Powers-James C, Narayanan S, Liu W, Cohen L.. Patient-Reported Outcomes in Integrative Oncology: Bridging Clinical Care With Research. The Cancer Journal 25(5):311-315, 2019.
- Christie AJ, Matthews KA.. Childhood poly-victimization is associated with elevated body mass index and blunted cortisol stress response in college women. 1.Ann Behav Med 53(6):563-572, 2019.
- Banihashemi L, Sheu LK, Midei AJ, Gianaros PJ. Childhood physical abuse predicts stressor-evoked activity within central visceral control regions. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 10(4):474-85, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24847113.
- Mignogna J, Christie AJ, Holmes SA, Ames H. Measuring disability-associated appraisals for veterans with spinal cord injury. Rehabil Psychol 60(1):99-104, 2015. PMID: 25706194.
- Thurston RC, Ewing LJ, Low CA, Christie AJ, Levine MD. Behavioral weight loss for the management of menopausal hot flashes: a pilot study. Menopause 22(1):59-65, 2015. PMID: 24977456.
- Midei AJ, Matthews KA. Positive attributes protect adolescents from risk for the metabolic syndrome. J Adolesc Health 55(5):678-83, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25060290.
- Christie AJ (Co first author) , Powers-James C (Co first author), Narayanan S, Chen M, Eddy C, Gomez T, Crawford K, Cohen L, Lopez G. Multidisciplinary lifestyle modification program (IM-FIT) for cancer survivors: Implementation of a reimbursable model in a cancer hospital. Support Care Cancer. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34050398.
- Lopez G (Co first author), Narayanan S (Co first author), Christie AJ, Powers-James C, Liu W, Garcia MK, Gomez T, Wu J, Chunduru A, Williams JL, Li Y, Bruera E, Cohen L. Effects of center-based delivery of tai chi and qi gong group classes on self-reported symptoms in cancer patients and caregivers. Integr Cancer Ther 19:1-8. e-Pub 2020.
- Poritz JMP, Mignogna J, Christie AJ, Holmes SA, Ames H. The Patient Health Questionnaire depression screener in spinal cord injury. J Spinal Cord Med:1-7. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28355958.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Christie AJ, Lopez G, Cohen L. New Year, New You. Integrative Medicine Center Newsletter, The University of Texas at MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2021.
- Moadel-Robblee A, Christie A, Powers-James C, Lopez G. Stress management; Patient Education Handbook. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 2018.
- Powers-James C, Christie A, Zuniga D. Health Psychology during and after cancer care. Integrative Medicine Center Newsletter, The University of Texas at MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2018.
- Christie AJ, Andrews SA. Reducing stress and preparing for success: tips to help you cope with the transplant process, Patient Handout. Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, 2014.