About Dr. Morani
After completing his fellowship trainings in Body MRI, Abdominal Imaging, Neuroradiology and Pediatric radiology at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Dr. Morani joined Department of Diagnostic Imaging at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in 2012 as Assistant Professor. In addition to his role as Abdominal and Pediatric Radiologist, Dr. Morani has additional responsibilities as Co-director of Pediatric Imaging. Dr. Morani works very hard towards improving quality of patient care. He recently did a project on Caipirinha parallel imaging technique at MD Anderson CC improving the quality of abdominal MRI in patients with poor breath hold capacity. He is also actively optimizing pediatric body MRI and CT at MD Anderson CC.
Academically, Dr. Morani teaches and mentors technologists, medical students, radiology residents and fellows from MD Anderson, Baylor, and UT Health Sciences Center. This involves one on one mentoring and lectures. Dr. Morani recently co-directed the “Oncologic Radiology and Interventional Radiology 2014” CME conference and “Pelvic MRI workshop” in India as part of M.D. Anderson global academic venture. He recently received an educational grant and is creating an educational curriculum for trainees on oncological imaging.
Dr. Morani is actively involved in educational and scientific activities in several prominent radiologic societies and is active reviewer of prominent radiology journals. He has several publications in prominent journals in the field.
Dr. Morani is active member of the Diagnostic Imaging Functional Finance Committee and he served as faulty consultant of the team working on “Insurance Denials in Diagnostic Imaging” project.
Dr. Morani has special clinical interests in pelvic oncologic imaging, abdominal MRI and non-neural pediatric solid tumors. His research interests include body MRI, rectal cancer imaging, non-neural pediatric solid tumors and desmoplastic small round cell/peritoneal tumors.
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Co-director of Pediatric Abdominal Imaging, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Body MRI, rectal cancer imaging, non-neural pediatric solid tumors and desmoplastic small round cell/peritoneal tumors
|2012||University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology|
|2007||Seth G.S. Medical College, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, IND, MD, Radio Diagnosis|
|2001||Grant Medical College & Sir J.J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, IND, MBBS, Medical|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Radiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI|
|2010-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Neuroradiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI|
|2009-2010||Clinical Fellowship, Abdominal Imaging, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI|
|2008-2009||Clinical Fellowship, Body MRI, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI|
|2003-2006||Clinical Residency, Radiology, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai|
|2001-2002||Clinical Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Oshiwara Hospital, Dr R.N. Cooper Municipal General Hospital, Mumbai|
|2000-2001||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Rural Medicine, Grant Medical College & Sir J.J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai|
|2012||American Board of Radiology|
|2007||Radio Diagnosis - University of Mumbai|
Registrar, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai, 2006 - 2006
Medical Officer, Department of Rural Medicine, Primary Health Centre, Paturda, 2001 - 2001
Consulting Editor, American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS), New Orleans, LA, 2016 - Present
SPR Oncology Committee member, Society of Pediatric Radiology, Reston, VA, 2015 - 2018
ARRS Scientific Program Subcommittee member, American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS), Leesburg, VA, 2015 - Present
Co-investigator for Diagnostic Imaging Insurance Denials, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2013 - 2016
Member of Diffusion Study Group, International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), Stony Brook, NY, 2013 - Present
Member of Pediatric MR Study Group, International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), Stony Brook, NY, 2013 - Present
Member of MR Safety Study Group, International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), Stony Brook, NY, 2013 - Present
Member of MR of Cancer Study Group, International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), Stony Brook, NY, 2013 - Present
Abdominal Imaging Associate, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, 2007 - 2008
Clinical Associate of Radiology, Changi General Hospital, Singapore, 2006 - 2007
Institutional Committee Activities
Lead member, AI Operations Advisory Committee, 2017 - 2018
Faculty consultant, Marketing focus subcommittee of DI executive strategic planning committee, 2014 - Present
Faculty consultant, Patient access focus group subcommittee of DI executive strategic planning committee, 2014 - Present
Pediatric Radiologist, Weekly pediatric inpatient clinical care meeting, 2014 - Present
Facilitator, CT operations subcommittee - hydration policy, 2013 - Present
Member, DI Finance subcommittee for insurance denials, 2013 - 2015
Member, DI Clinical Functional Finance Committee, 2013 - Present
Lead Pediatric Radiologist, Committee for pediatric contrast reaction management algorithm, 2013 - Present
Member, MRI QA committee, 2012 - Present
Member - pediatric radiologist, Li-Fraumeni syndrome clinic development, 2012 - Present
Member, Genitourinary radiology research committee, 2012 - Present
Pediatric Radiologist, Desmoplastic small round cell tumor board -bimonthly, 2012 - Present
Pediatric Radiologist, Weekly Pediatric tumor board, 2012 - Present
Pediatric radiologist, Pediatric weekly morning rounds, 2012 - 2014
Pediatric Radiologist, Pediatric weekly non-CNS patient meeting, 2012 - Present
Facilitator, Pediatric MRI protocol committee, 2012 - Present
Facilitator, Pediatric CT protocol committee, 2012 - Present
|2016||Certificate of Appreciation as a reviewer for Journal of ISMRM (International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine)|
|2016||Outstanding Teacher award in the Abdominal Imaging section of Diagnostic Radiology for FY 2016-2017|
|2015||Nomination for Caffey Electronic Exhibit Award, Society of Pediatric Radiology 2015|
|2015||Certificate of Appreciation for reviewer for ISMRM 2015, ISMRM (International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine)|
|2014||Celebrating Solutions' Winner Clinical Safety & Effectiveness, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2013||Presidential Poster Competition Award Winner, Endocrine Society 2013|
|2012||Honorable poster mention, Society of Pediatric Radiology|
|2010||The Golden COD Award, University of Michigan|
|2010||Roentgen Research Fellow Award, Radiology Society of North America|
|2010||Outstanding Service Award, University of Michigan|
|2009||The Golden COD Award, University of Michigan|
|2009||Fellow of the Year, University of Michigan|
|2009||Certificate of Merit, Radiology Society of North America|
|2008||Best SUR (Society of Uroradiology) Poster, Society of Abdominal Radiology|
|2008||Outstanding Service Award, University of Michigan|
|2007||Certificate of Merit, Radiology Society of North America|
|2005||Gold Medal Prize Winner, Padmasree Kakarla Subbarao - Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences, India|
- Mubarak AI, Morani AC. Anomalous vertebral arteries in Klippel-Feil syndrome with occipitalized atlas: CT angiography. Radiol Case Rep 13(2):434-436, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29904491.
- Gupta S, Kang HC, Ganeshan D, Morani AC, Gautam R, Choyke PL, Kundra V. The ABCs of BHD: An In-Depth Review of Birt-Hogg-Dubé Syndrome. AJR Am J Roentgenol 209(6):1291-1296, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28981362.
- Cuglievan B, Menegaz BA, DePombo A, Morani AC, Miranda RN, Rytting M. A pediatric patient with glycogen storage disease type IA and Castleman disease. Pediatr Blood Cancer 64(8), 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28035790.
- Morani AC, Smith EA, Ganeshan D, Dillman JR. Diffusion-weighted MRI in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. AJR Am J Roentgenol 204(6):1269-1277, 2015. PMID: 26001238.
- Pan HY, Morani AC, Wang WL, Hess KR, Paulino AC, Ludwig JA, Lin PP, Daw NC, Mahajan A. Prognostic factors and patterns of relapse in ewing sarcoma patients treated with chemotherapy and r0 resection. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 92(2):349-357, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25772182.
- Morani AC, Vicens RA, Wei W, Gupta S, Vikram R, Balachandran A, Reed BJ, Ma J, Qayyum A, Szklaruk J. CAIPIRINHA-VIBE and GRAPPA-VIBE for liver MRI at 1.5 T: a comparative in vivo patient study. J Comput Assist Tomogr 39(2):263-269, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25635931.
- Shawa H, Elsayes KM, Javadi S, Morani AC, Williams MD, Lee JE, Waguespack SG, Busaidy NL, Vassilopoulou-Sellin R, Jimenez C, Habra MA. Adrenal ganglioneuroma: features and outcomes of 27 cases at a referral cancer centre. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 80(3):342-347, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24033606.
- Ganeshan D, Morani AC, Ladha H, Bathala T, Kang H, Gupta S, Lalwani N, Kundra V. Staging, surveillance, and evaluation of response to therapy in renal cell carcinoma: role of MDCT. Abdom Imaging 39(1):66-85, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24077815.
- Morani AC, Eisbruch A, Carey TE, Hauff SJ, Walline HM, Mukherji SK. Intranodal cystic changes: a potential radiologic signature/biomarker to assess the human papillomavirus status of cases with oropharyngeal malignancies. J Comput Assist Tomogr 37(3):343-345, 2013. PMID: 23674003.
- Morani AC, Elsayes KM, Liu PS, Weadock WJ, Szklaruk J, Dillman JR, Khan A, Chenevert TL, Hussain HK. Abdominal applications of diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging: where do we stand. World J Radiol 5(3):68-80, 2013. PMID: 23671743.
- Ganeshan K, Morani AC, Gaballah A, Bhosale P, Elsayes KM. Cross-sectional imaging of small bowel. In: Cross-sectional Imaging of Abdomen and Pelvis. Springer, 2015.
|Title:||Developing an educational curriculum for teaching the cancer staging|
|Funding Source:||University of Texas Kenneth I. Shine Academy of Health Science Education|