A.R. Klekers, M.D.
Department of Abdominal Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Abdominal Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2009||American Board of Radiology|
Experience & Service
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2015 - 2019
Clinical Specialist, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2015
Radiologist, Houston Progressive Radiology Associates, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2013
Radiologist, Southwest Diagnostics, San Antonio, TX, 2010 - 2010
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Faculty Senate, 2021 - 2024
Chair, DI Houston Area Location Faculty Committee, Subcommittee of the DI Clinical Functional Committee, 2021 - Present
Member, Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutics Committee, 2019 - Present
Member, Diagnostic Imaging Junior Faculty Committee, 2016 - 2017
Member, Katy Regional Care Center Interdisciplinary Rounds Committee, 2015 - Present
Honors & Awards
|2019||Diagnostic Imaging, Celebrate Solutions, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2007||Certificate of Merit for Education Exhibit, Radiological Society of North America|
|2006||Toshiba Residents Program, Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound|
- Calimano-Ramirez LF, Daoud T, Gopireddy DR, Morani AC, Waters R, Gumus K, Klekers AR, Bhosale PR, Virarkar MK.. Pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma: A comprehensive review. World J Gastroenterol 28(40):5827-5844, 2022.
- Daoud Taher, Sardana Sahil, Stanietzky Nir, Klekers AR, Bhosale Priya, Morani, Ayakumar. Recent imaging updates and advances in gynecologic malignancies. Cancers 14(22):10.3390. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 36428624.
- Virarkar M, Coleman JA, Siddiqui ZA, Leal VB, McClinton AE, Steele JR, Yang W, Bhosale P, Klekers AR. PAs and NPs improve patient care and productivity in a radiology consult practice. JAAPA 35(7):46-51, 2022. PMID: 35762956.
- Virarkar M, Coleman JA, Siddiqui ZA, Leal VB, McClinton AE, Steele JR, Yang W, Bhosale PR, Klekers AR. Engaging nurse practitioners and physician assistants to improve patient care and drive productivity in a radiology consult practice at a comprehensive cancer center. J Am Assoc Nurse Pract 34(7):941-947, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35796110.
- Virarkar M, Jensen C, Klekers AR, Wagner-Bartak NA, Devine CE, Lano EA, Sun J, Tharakeswara B, Bhosale P. Clinical importance of second-opinion interpretations of abdominal imaging studies in a cancer hospital and its impact on patient management. Clin Imaging 86:13-19. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35313164.
- Klimkowski S, Ibrahim M, Ibarra Rovira JJ, Elshikh M, Javadi S, Klekers AR, Abusaif AA, Moawad AW, Ali K, Elsayes KM. Peutz-Jeghers syndrome and the role of imaging: pathophysiology, diagnosis, and associated cancers. Cancers (Basel) 13(20), 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34680270.
- Elsherif SB, Kuchana V, Aslam R, Kamat A, Bhosale PR, Klekers AR. Locally advanced prostate cancer imaging findings and implications for treatment from the surgical perspective. Abdom Radiol 45(3):865-877, 2020. PMID: 31724081.
- Klekers AR, Chiles C, Lesser G. A worsening cough in a patient with CNS lymphoma. Journal of Respiratory Diseases 25(2):67-70, 2004.
- Everman DB, Bartels CF, Yang Y, Yanamandra N, Goodman FR, Mendoza-Londono JR, Savarirayan R, White SM, Graham JM, Gale RP, Svarch E, Newman WG, Klekers AR, Francomano CA, Govindaiah V, Singh L, Morrison S, Thomas JT, Warman ML. The mutational spectrum of brachydactyly type C. Am J Med Genet 112(3):291-6, 2002. PMID: 12357473.
- Klekers AR, Bhatt S, Sidhu R, Dogra VS. Computed tomography nephrogram: normal and abnormal patterns. 94th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, 2008.
- Chang H, Bhatt S, Klekers AR, Simon R and Dogra V S. Cystic lesions of spleen. 93rd Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, 2007.
- Klekers AR, Bhatt S, Dogra VS. Multidetector computed tomography of the spleen: common and uncommon diseases. 55th Annual Meeting of the Association of University Radiologists, 2007.
Grant & Contract Support
|Title:||Title of Proposal / Grant Application Evaluation of PSMA PET as a biomarker forCAMKK2-CREB oncogenic signaling in advanced in prostate cancer|
|Funding Source:||Quantitative Imaging Analysis Core|