Assistant Professor, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2009||Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN, USA, DDS, Dentistry|
|2014-2015||Clinical Fellowship, Advanced Education Program in Maxillofacial Prosthodontics and Oral Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2009-2012||Clinical Residency, Prosthodontics, University of California, San Francisco, CA|
|2017||American Board of Prosthodontics|
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Prosthodontics and Digital Technology, Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine, New York, NY, 2012 - 2014
Director, Removal prosthodontics, Stony Brook University, School of Dental Medicine, New York, NY, 2012 - 2014
Director, Year IV Advanced removable course, Stony Brook University, School of Dental Medicine, New York, NY, 2012 - 2014
Director, Removable Prosthodontics Technique, Stony Brook University, School of Dental Medicine, New York, NY, 2012 - 2014
Director, Prosthodontics clinic, Stony Brook University, School of Dental Medicine, New York, NY, 2012 - 2014
|2009||American College of Prosthodontics Achievement Award, American College of Prosthodontics|
|2009||Excellence in Prosthodontic Award|
- Acharya RP, Won AM, Moon BS, Flint J, Hessel A, Murphy WA, Williams M, Chambers MS, Gagel RF. Tumor-induced hyhpophosphatemic osteomalacia caused by mesenchymal tumor of the mandible managed by a segmental mandibulectomy and microvascular reconstruction with a free fibula flap. Head and Neck: Journal for the Sciences & Specialties of the Head and Neck 41(6):E93-E98, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30859653.
- Asfar M, Hutcheson K, Won AM. Prosthetic rehabilitation with palatal lift/augmentation in a patient with neurologic/motor deficit due to cancer therapy of chondrosarcoma. Journal of Prosthodontics, 2018. PMID: 30357985.
- Won AM, Boddu P, Otun AO, Aponte-Wesson R, Chambers MS. Chronic myelogenous leukemia presenting with osteonecrosis of jaw as a rare but debilitating toxicity of dasatinib: A case report and literature review. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology(S2212-4403(18)30952-0), 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29941400.
- Otun AO, Qazali AA, Won AM, Chambers MS. Natural Killer T-Cell Lymphoma (Nasal-Type) Presenting Early as Pain of Odontogenic Origin. International Journal of Dentistry and Oral Health 4(3), 2018. e-Pub 2018.
- Boddu P, Chen PL, Nagarajan P, Prieto VG, Won AM, Chambers MS, Kornblau S. Necrotizing fungal gingivitis in a patient with acute myelogenous leukemia: Visible yet obscure. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Medicine, and Pathology, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29404266.
- Won AM, Montgomery P, Aponte-Wesson R, Chambers M. Implant-supported and magnet-retained oral-nasal combination prosthesis in a patient with total rhinectomy and partial maxillectomy due to cancer: a clinical report. J Prosthet Dent 117(2):315-320, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27666495.
- Won AM, Hofstede TM, Cardoso RC, Otun AO, Chambers MS. Sunitinib and Zoledronic Acid Combination Therapy for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: Alarming for Osteonecrosis of the Jaw. Kidney Cancer Journal 15(2):49-52, 2017. e-Pub 2017.
- Delgado-Ruiz RA, Calvo-Guirado JL, Abboud M, Ramirez-Fernández MP, Maté-Sánchez JE, Negri B, Won A, Romanos G. Porous titanium granules in critical size defects of rabbit tibia with or without membranes. Int J Oral Sci 6(2):105-10, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24556954.
- Acharya RP, Won AM, Graham WC, Chambers MS. Prosthetic Rehabilitation of Severe Microstomia and Trismus from Cancer Therapy. American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics, 2018.
- Acharya RP, Won AM. Oncogenic Osteomalacia Caused by a Phosphaturic Mesenchymal Tumor of the Mandible: A Case Report. Poster Session, Advances in Oral Medicine,Presented at the American Academy of Oral Medicine (AAOM) Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, 2018.
- Otun AO, Won AM. A Case of NKT Cell Lymphoma Nasal Type Presenting as Pain of Odontogenic origins. ISMR & AAMP 4th Joint Conference 2017: California Accepted, 2017.
- Asfar, M, Hutcheson, K,Won AM. Prosthetic rehabilitation with palatal lift/augmentation in a patient with neurologic/motor deficit due to cancer therapy of chondrosarcoma. Greater Houston Dental Society, 2017.
- Won A, Aponte-Wesson R, Montgomery P, Wesley P, Chambers M. Implant-supported and magnet retained oral-nasal combination prosthesis of a patient with total rhinectomy and partial maxillectomy due to cancer: A clinical report. Presented at the Proceedings of the Star of the South Dental Meeting 2015, Star of the South Annual Session, Houston, Texas, 2015.
- Abboud M, Delgado-Ruiz RA, Won A. Influence of angled implant position on bone strains and stress. Materials Research, Presented at the European Academy of Osseointegration (EAO) Meeting, Dublin, Ireland, 2013.
- Abboud M, Delgado-Ruiz RA, Won A. Influence of different drills on the primary implant stability. Materials Research, Presented at the European Academy of Osseointegration (EAO) Meeting, Dublin, Ireland, 2013.
- Abboud M, Delgado-Ruiz R, Won A. Evaluation of a new titled implant design used for the All on 4 concept. Implant Therapy Outcomes, Presented at the European Academy of Osseointegration (EAO) Meeting, Dublin, Ireland, 2013.
- Cardoso RC, Hofstede TM, Martin JW, Garden AS, Aponte-Wesson RA, Montgomery P, Won A, Chambers MS. Chapter 29: Oral and Maxillofacial Rehabilitation of Patients with Head and Neck Cancer. In: Cancer of the Head and Neck. Wolters Kluwer: Philadelphia, 2016.
- Aponte-Wesson R, Hofstede TM, Cardoso RC, Montgomery P, Won A, Martin JW, Chambers M. Chapter 54 Oral Oncology. In: Head and Neck Cancer: Multimodality Management 2nd Edition. Springer Science + Business Media, 2015.