Assistant Professor, Department of Hospital Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1985||Baghdad College of Medicine, Baghbad, IRQ, M.B.Ch.B, Medicine and Surgery|
|2011-2014||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH|
|2009-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2008-2009||Clinical Research Scientist, Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2007-2008||Clinical Visiting Professor, Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1987-1992||Clinical Residency, Department of Internal Medicine, Baghdad Medical City Hospital, Baghdad|
|1985-1987||Clinical Residency, Al-Najaf Teaching Hospital, Najaf|
|2014||American Board of Internal Medicine|
|2006||Jordanian Board of Internal Medicine|
|1993||Arab Board of Medical Specialization Internal Medicine|
Hospitalist/Medical Director McAllen Hospitalist Group, McAllen Medical Center, McAllen, TX, 2015 - 2018
Hospitalist, Bayshore Medical Center, Pasadena, TX, 2014 - 2015
Clinical Instructor of Internal Medicine, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH, 2012 - Present
Professor of Internal Medicine, Deprtment of Internal Medicine/Hematology, School of Medicine-University of Jordan, Amman, 2006 - 2006
Professor of Internal Medicine & Clinical Hematology, Al-Mustansiryia College of Medicine, The National Center of Hematology, Baghbad, 2006 - 2006
Associate Professor, Al-Mustansiryia College of Medicine, The National Center of Hematology, Baghbad, 1999 - 2006
Assistant Professor, Al-Mustansiryia College of Medicine, The National Center of Hematology, Baghbad, 1992 - 1999
|2017||Certificate of Excellence 2017 MM Clinical Pathology Board, South Texas Health System, McAllen, TX|
|2017||Fellow, General Internal Medicine Statewide Preceptorship Program, Texas Chapter American College of Physicians|
- Al-Ameri A, Anand A, Abdelfatah M, Kanaan Z, Hammonds T, Haller N, Cherry M. Outcome of Acute Myeloid Leukemia and High-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome According to Health Insurance Status. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 14(6):509-13, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25108681.
- De Yao JT, Al-Ameri A, Garcia-Manero G, Quintás-Cardama A. Infrequent presentations of mucormycosis in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and acute leukemia: case series and review of literature. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 11(5):446-51, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21820986.
- Al-Ameri A, Cherry M, Garcia-Manero G, Quintás-Cardama A. Standard therapy for patients with myelodysplastic syndromes. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 11(4):303-13, 2011. PMID: 21816368.
- Al Ameri A, Jabbour E, Garcia-Manero G, O'Brien S, Faderl S, Ravandi F, Shan J, Pierce S, Cortes J, Kantarjian H. Significance of thrombocytopenia in myelodysplastic syndromes: associations and prognostic implications. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 11(2):237-41, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21575929.
- Al Ameri A, Koller C, Kantarjian H, Ravandi F, Verstovsek S, Borthakur G, Pierce S, Mattiuzzi G. Acute pulmonary failure during remission induction chemotherapy in adults with acute myeloid leukemia or high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome. Cancer 116(1):93-7, 2010. PMID: 19862814.
- Al-Ameri A, Baker NS. Successful use of activated recombinant factor VII in the treatment of vitreous hemorrhage. Report of Seven Cases. Blood Coagulation & Fibrinolysis 16:573-8, 2005.