Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatrics
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Subspecializes in pediatric leukemia and lymphomas, including acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma and mature B-cell lymphomas.
Education & Training
|2016||University of North Texas Health Science Center, Forth Worth, TX, USA, MD, Osteopathic Medicine|
|2012||Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, TX, USA, BA, Psychology|
|2012||Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, TX, USA, BS, Biomedical Science|
|2019-2022||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2016-2019||Clinical Residency, Pediatric Residency, The University of Oklahoma- OU Children’s Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK|
|2019||American Board of Pediatrics|
Experience & Service
Institutional Committee Activities
Content expert committee member, Scientific Review Committee # 1 (SRC 1) MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2022 - Present
Member, Pediatric Morbidity and Mortality Conference Review Committee, 2021 - Present
Trainee Representative-Active role in content creation for GME podcast curriculum, Graduate Medical Education Curriculum Subcommittee, 2020 - Present
Creation of clinical data collection database and oversight of maintenance of database, Pediatric Biospecimen Team, 2019 - Present
Member, Pediatric Clinical Practice Committee, 2019 - Present
Member, Pediatric Education Committee, 2019 - Present
Honors & Awards
|2022||Scholarly Activity Fellow of the Year award, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2022||Hematology Fellow of the Year award, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2021||Pediatric Leukemia and Lymphoma Fellow of the Year award, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2020||Pediatric Neuro-oncology Fellow of the Year award, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2020||Fellow of the year ‘Awesome Job Award’ 2020, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2019||Owen M. Rennert Research Award, OU Children’s Hospital|
- Gibson A, Ragoonanan D, Tewari P, Petropoulos D, Rodriguez N, DiNardo C, Mahadeo KM, Khazal S. Non-myeloablative umbilical cord blood transplantation for atypical dyskeratosis congenita. Pediatr Transplant 26(2):e14157, 2022. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34626046.
- Gibson A, Trabal A, McCall D, Khazal S, Toepfer L, Bell DH, Roth M, Mahadeo KM, Nunez C, Short NJ, DiNardo C, Konopleva M, Issa GC, Ravandi F, Jain N, Borthakur G, Kantarjian HM, Jabbour E, Cuglievan B. Venetoclax for Children and Adolescents with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and Lymphoblastic Lymphoma. Cancers (Basel) 14(1), 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 35008312.
- Gibson A, Hernandez C, Tejada FNH, Kawedia J, Rytting M, Cuglievan B. Asparaginase-Associated Pancreatitis in Pediatric Patients with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Current Perspectives. Paediatr Drugs 23(5):457-463, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34351604.
- Gibson A, Baig MU, Mohiuddin S, Zaky W. Neither iatrogenic nor hereditary cause: A rare case of anaphylaxis to low sorb tubing used for infusions. Pediatr Blood Cancer 68(4):e28800, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33164273.
- Gibson A, Ray A. Rare Case of Hybrid Oncocytoma and Chromophobe Renal Cell Carcinoma in a Pediatric Patient. Pediatr Blood Cancer 63(6):1127, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26718018.
- Gibson, A; Montanez, N; Addy, K. Once-daily compared to twice-daily enoxaparin in pediatric venous thromboembolism: a single center experience. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis.
- Truong, D; Cherradi, S; Porter, R; Krishnan, S; Swaninathan, J; Gibson, A. Dissociation protocols used for sarcoma tissues bias the transcriptome observed in single-cell and single-nucleus RNA sequencing. BMC Cancer.