Assistant Professor, Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2010||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2006||Rice University, Houston, TX, USA, BS, Biochemistry and Cell Biology|
|2013-2016||Clinical Fellowship, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2011-2013||Clinical Residency, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA|
|2010-2011||Clinical Internship, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA|
|2016||American Board of Internal Medicine Hematology|
|2013||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Chief Fellow for Education, Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2015 - 2016
Chief Fellow for UT Residents, Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2014 - 2015
Institutional Committee Activities
Executive Committee, MD Anderson Institutional Immune Oncology Toxicity Initiative, 2019 - Present
Committee Member, Clinical Research Committee #1, MDACC, 2016 - 2019
Committee Member, Update on Management of GU Malignancies Yearly Conference, MDACC, 2016 - Present
Committee Member, Hematology - Medical Oncology Fellowship Steering Committee, MDACC, 2014 - Present
|2019||APRN Fellows' Choice Award for Outstanding Faculty Preceptor, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2019||FY 2019 Top Performer – Top 10% Nationally on CAHPS scores, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2017||FY 2017 Top performer Top 1 Percentile Nationally on CAHPS scores, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2017||Teaching Dept of the Year (GU) for Hematology - Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2015||2nd Year Fellow of the Year Award, LBJ Hospital, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2015||Fellows Recognition Program Nomination, NCCN Annual Conference|
|2014||Clifton D. Howe Award for Clinical Excellence, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2013||Conquer Cancer Foundation Merit Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology|
- Campbell MT, Bilen MA, Shah AY, Lemke E, Jonasch E, Venkatesan AM, Altinmakas E, Duran C, Msaouel P, Tannir NM. Cabozantinib for the treatment of patients with metastatic non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma: A retrospective analysis. Eur J Cancer 104:188-194, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30380460.
- Flannery K, Cao X, He J, Zhong Y, Shah AY, Kamat AM. Survival Rates and Health Care Costs for Patients with Advanced Bladder Cancer Treated and Untreated with Chemotherapy. Clin Genitourin Cancer 16(4):e909-e917, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29735397.
- Chahoud J, Zhang M, Shah AY, Lin SH, Pisters LL, Tu SM. Managing seminomatous and nonseminomatous germ cell tumors. Curr Opin Oncol 30(3):181-188, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29538040.
- Shah AY, Karam JA, Malouf GG, Rao P, Lim ZD, Jonasch E, Xiao L, Gao J, Vaishampayan UN, Heng DY, Plimack ER, Guancial EA, Fung C, Lowas SR, Tamboli P, Sircar K, Matin SF, Kimryn Rathmell W, Wood CG, Tannir NM. Management and outcomes of patients with renal medullary carcinoma: a multicentre collaborative study. BJU Int 120(6):782-792, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27860149.
- Maiti A, Nemati-Shafaee M, Msaouel P, Pagliaro LC, Jonasch E, Tannir NM, Shah AY. Phase 2 Trial of Capecitabine, Gemcitabine, and Bevacizumab in Sarcomatoid Renal-Cell Carcinoma. Clin Genitourin Cancer 17:S1558-7673(17)30238-0, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28870517.
- Campbell MT, Shah AY, Matin SF, Siefker-Radtke AO. Optimizing management of upper tract urothelial carcinoma. Urol Oncol 35(7):492-498, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28579283.
- Malouf GG, Joseph RW, Shah AY, Tannir NM. Non-clear cell renal cell carcinomas: biological insights and therapeutic challenges and opportunities. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 15(5):409-418, 2017. PMID: 28591094.
- Shah AY, Karam JA, Lim ZD, Ng CS, Tannir NM. Clinical and pathological complete remission in a patient with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) treated with sunitinib: Is mRCC curable with targeted therapy?. Urol Case Rep 3(2):18-20, 2015. PMID: 26120560.
- Shah AY, Doherty SD, Rosen T. Actinic cheilitis: a treatment review. Int J Dermatol 49(11):1225-34, 2010. PMID: 20964646.
- Campbell MT, Bilen MA, Duran C, Altinmakas E, Lim Z, Shah AY, Jonasch E, Tannir N. Cabozantinib for the treatment of patients with metastatic variant histology renal cell carcinoma (vhRCC): A retrospective analysis. European Journal of Cancer.
- Nirvana da Cruz-Formiga M, Shah AY. Adjuvant & Neoadjuvant Therapy of Bladder Cancer. Oncology Times, 2017.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Shah AY. BMJ Best Practice Guidelines: Renal Cell Carcinoma, 2017.
- Shah AY, Tannir NM. Surveillance or Systemic Therapy? An Editorial Re: Observation After Cytoreductive Nephrectomy in Patients with Synchronous not Completely Resected Metastases of Renal Cell Carcinoma. Urology 109:132, 2017. PMID: 28867144.
- Shah AY, Gao J, Siefker-Radtke AO. Five new therapies or just one new treatment? A critical look at immune checkpoint inhibition in urothelial cancer. Immunotherapy 9(10):781-784, 2017. PMID: 28877627.
- Shah AY, Lemke EA, Gao J, Chandamohan A, Campbell MT, Zurita A, Xiao L, Wang J, Corn PG, Jonasch E, Sharma P, Tannir N. Outcomes of patients (pts) with metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma (mCCRCC) treated with second-line (2L) vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors (VEGFR-TKI) after first-line (1L) immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI). American Society of Clinical Oncology, GU Symposium, 2018.
- Lemke EA, Shah AY, Chandramohan A, Campbell MT, Van Alstine M, Jonasch E, Tannir NM. Real-world experience with cabozantinib in metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma (mccRCC). American Society of Clinical Oncology, GU Symposium, 2018.
- Lemke EA, Shah AY, Msaouel P, Bilen MA, Jonasch E, Venkatesan AM, Chandamohan A, Duran C, Tannir NM, Campbell MT. Comparing cabozantinib (C) treatment for a cohort of patients with metastatic clear cell (ccRCC) and variant histology renal cell carcinoma (vhRCC): A retrospective study. American Society of Clinical Oncology, GU Symposium, 2018.
- Shay AY, Lemke EA, Gao J, Chandramohan A, Campbell MT, Zurita AJ, Xiao L, Wang J, Corn PG, Jonasch E, Sharma P, Tannir NM. Outcomes of patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) who were treated with second-line (2L) vascular endothelial growth receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors (VEGFR-TKI) after first-line (1L) immune checkpoint inhibitor (ICI) therapy. European Society for Medical Oncology 28(5):V295-329, 2017.