About Dr. Amy C Moreno
Dr. Moreno specializes in the management of head and neck cancers with a growing interest in expanding the clinical applications of proton therapy and using highly advanced image-guided techniques such as stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for the treatment of skull base tumors or recurrent cancers in the re-irradiation setting.
Her research interests are focused on clinical informatics or the improvement of electronic data capture, information retrieval and exchange, and enhancement of clinical knowledge application in our clinics. She is currently in the process of obtaining ABPM board subspecialty certification in Clinical informatics and is involved in multiple departmental committees that focus on the enhancement of existing or developing health information technologies. Her long-term goal is to develop applications and oncology-specific clinical decision support systems that integrate electronically captured patient reported outcomes to improve the quality, efficacy, and efficiency of multidisciplinary cancer care.
Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2014||Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|2009||Rice University, Houston, TX, USA, BA, Biochemistry and Cellular Biology|
|2015-2019||Clinical Residency, Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2014-2015||Clinical Internship, Preliminary Year, University of California-Irvine, Irvine, CA|
Development Officer, Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - Present
Ad hoc EPIC Integration, Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Project 3 Co-Lead, MD Anderson-Varian Alliance, 2019 - Present
Co-Leader, Radiation Oncology Automation Group, 2019 - Present
Member, MDACC Radiation Oncology Annual Program Evaluation Committee, 2018 - Present
HN Clinical workflow Co-Lead, MDA-RayCare Alliance, 2018 - Present
Member, Clinical Informatics, 2018 - Present
Member, MD Anderson OnBoarding Task Force Committee, 2016 - Present
|2019||Neuosoft Certificate Scholarship|
|2018||2018 National Comprehensive Cancer Network Fellows Program|
|2014||Cum Laude, Yale University School of Medicine|
|2013||William U Gardener Memorial Student Research Fellowship|
|2012||Yale School of Medicine Medical Student Research Fellowship, Yale School of Medicine|
|2012||NIH-NCRR-TL1 Medical Student Research Fellowship, NIH|
|2011||Yale University Seton Elm Ivy Award, Yale University|
|2010||NIH-NHLBI Medical Student Research Fellowship, NIH|
|2009||Cum Laude, Rice University|
- Moreno AC, Fellman B, Hobbs BP, Liao Z, Gomez DR, Chen A, Hahn SM, Chang JY, Lin SH. Biologically Effective Dose in Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy and Survival for Patients with Early-Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. J Thorac Oncol 15(1):101-109, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31479748.
- Moreno AC, Lin SH. The optimal treatment approaches for stage I small cell lung cancer. Transl Lung Cancer Res 8(1):88-96, 2019. PMID: 30788238.
- Cushman TR, Shaaban SG, Moreno AC, Lin C, Verma V. Management of Unresectable T4b Esophageal Cancer: Practice Patterns and Outcomes From the National Cancer Data Base. Am J Clin Oncol 42(2):154-159, 2019. PMID: 30499838.
- Moreno AC, Zhang N, Verma V, Giordano SH, Lin SH. Treatment disparities affect outcomes for patients with stage I esophageal cancer: a national cancer data base analysis. J Gastrointest Oncol 10(1):74-84, 2019. PMID: 30788162.
- Moreno AC, Frank SJ, Garden AS, Rosenthal DI, Fuller CD, Gunn GB, Reddy JP, Morrison WH, Williamson TD, Holliday EB, Phan J, Blanchard P. Intensity modulated proton therapy (IMPT) - The future of IMRT for head and neck cancer. Oral Oncol 88:66-74, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30616799.
- Fang P, Musall BC, Son JB, Moreno AC, Hobbs BP, Carter BW, Fellman BM, Mawlawi O, Ma J, Lin SH. Multimodal Imaging of Pathologic Response to Chemoradiation in Esophageal Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 102(4):996-1001, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29685377.
- Matuszak MM, Fuller CD, Yock TI, Hess CB, McNutt T, Jolly S, Gabriel P, Mayo CS, Thor M, Caissie A, Rao A, Owen D, Smith W, Palta J, Kapoor R, Hayman J, Waddle M, Rosenstein B, Miller R, Choi S, Moreno A, Herman J, Feng M. Performance/outcomes data and physician process challenges for practical big data efforts in radiation oncology. Med Phys 45(10):e811-e819, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30229946.
- Verma V, Moreno AC, Haque W, Fang P, Lin SH. Sequential Versus Concurrent Chemoradiation Therapy by Surgical Margin Status in Resected Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 16(5):508-516, 2018. PMID: 29752325.
- Verma V, Surkar SM, Moreno AC, Lin C, Simone CB. Practice patterns and outcomes of chemoradiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone for older patients with nasopharyngeal cancer. Cancer Med 7(5):1604-1611, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29603669.
- Moreno AC, Haque W, Verma V, Fang P, Lin SH. Concurrent Versus Sequential Chemoradiation Therapy in Completely Resected Pathologic N2 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Propensity-Matched Analysis of the National Cancer Data Base. Ann Surg Oncol 25(5):1245-1253, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29484562.
- Moreno AC, Shaitelman SF, Buchholz TA. A clinical perspective on regional nodal irradiation for breast cancer. Breast 34 Suppl 1:S85-S90, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28690104.
- Corso CD, Park HS, Moreno AC, Kim AW, Yu JB, Husain ZA, Decker RH. Stage I Lung SBRT Clinical Practice Patterns. Am J Clin Oncol 40(4):358-361, 2017. PMID: 25503436.
- Moreno AC, Verma V, Hofstetter WL, Lin SH. Patterns of Care and Treatment Outcomes of Elderly Patients with Stage I Esophageal Cancer: Analysis of the National Cancer Data Base. J Thorac Oncol 12(7):1152-1160, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28455149.
- Moreno AC, Lin YH, Bedrosian I, Shen Y, Stauder MC, Smith BD, Buchholz TA, Babiera GV, Woodward WA, Shaitelman SF. Use of regional nodal irradiation and its association with survival for women with high-risk, early stage breast cancer: A National Cancer Database analysis. Adv Radiat Oncol 2(3):291-300, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29114595.
- Xu C, Xi M, Moreno A, Shiraishi Y, Hobbs BP, Huang M, Komaki R, Lin SH. Definitive Chemoradiation Therapy for Esophageal Cancer in the Elderly: Clinical Outcomes for Patients Exceeding 80 Years Old. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 98(4):811-819, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28602412.
- Verma V, Moreno AC, Lin SH. Advances in Radiotherapy Management of Esophageal Cancer. J Clin Med 5(10), 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27775643.
- Liu J, Hancock JG, Moreno AC, Wang Z, Boffa DJ, Detterbeck FC, Kim AW. Evaluating the fate of patients who undergo resections of very large, node-negative lung cancers using the National Cancer DataBase. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 49(2):596-601, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25890936.
- Hancock JG, Rosen JE, Antonicelli A, Moreno A, Kim AW, Detterbeck FC, Boffa DJ. Impact of adjuvant treatment for microscopic residual disease after non-small cell lung cancer surgery. Ann Thorac Surg 99(2):406-13, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25528723.
- Boffa DJ, Hancock JG, Yao X, Goldberg S, Rosen JE, Kim AW, Moreno A, Detterbeck FC. Now or later: evaluating the importance of chemotherapy timing in resectable stage III (N2) lung cancer in the National Cancer Database. Ann Thorac Surg 99(1):200-8, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25440272.
- Hancock J, Rosen J, Moreno A, Kim AW, Detterbeck FC, Boffa DJ. Management of clinical stage IIIA primary lung cancers in the National Cancer Database. Ann Thorac Surg 98(2):424-32; discussion 432, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24929895.
- Moreno AC, Morgensztern D, Boffa DJ, Decker RH, Yu JB, Detterbeck FC, Wang Z, Rose MG, Kim AW. Treating locally advanced disease: an analysis of very large, hilar lymph node positive non-small cell lung cancer using the National Cancer Data Base. Ann Thorac Surg 97(4):1149-55, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24582051.
- Moreno AC, Morgensztern D, Yu JB, Boffa DJ, Decker RH, Detterbeck FC, Kim AW. Impact of preoperative radiation on survival of patients with T3N0 >7-cm non-small cell lung cancers treated with anatomic resection using the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database. J Surg Res 184(1):10-8, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23583079.
- Moreno A, Akcakanat A, Munsell MF, Soni A, Yao JC, Meric-Bernstam F. Antitumor activity of rapamycin and octreotide as single agents or in combination in neuroendocrine tumors. Endocr Relat Cancer 15(1):257-66, 2008. PMID: 18310292.