Meet Ana Refinetti, M.D.
Ana Paula Refinetti, M.D.
Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery
About Dr. Refinetti
Dr. Refinetti earned her medical degree from Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. She completed her general surgery residency at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. Following her residency, Dr. Refinetti completed a Breast Surgical Oncology fellowship at New York University. She practiced general and breast surgery in Kansas before joining the faculty of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center as a breast surgeon. Her clinical interests include breast cancer in underserved populations and breast cancer management in the extremes of the age.Read More
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Sugar Land, TX
Education & Training
|2004||Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janero, BRA, MD, Doctor Of Medicine|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Surgical Oncology, New York University, New York, NY|
|2009-2011||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC|
|2007-2009||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, Virginia Tech - Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, VA|
|2006-2007||Clinical Internship, General Surgery, University of Miami - Jackson Memorial, Miami, FL|
|2012||American Board of Surgery, General Surgery|
- Schnabel FR, Pivo S, Chun J, Schwartz S, Refinetti AP, Axelrod D, Guth A. Breast Cancer Profile among Patients with a History of Chemoprevention. Int J Breast Cancer 2016:9216375, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28078143.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Joseph KA, Refinetti AP. BESAP I – Breast Cancer Management. ASBrS Online Breast Manual, 2012.
- Refinetti AP, Chun J, Schnabel FR, Schwartz S, Guth AA, Axelrod DM.. Chemoprevention in patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer, Poster presentation. San Antonio Breast Conference, San Antonio, TX, 2012.
- Refinetti AP, Chun J, Schnabel FR, Leite AP, Schwartz S, Moy L.. The relationship of mammographic breast density and MRI in a high risk population, Poster presentation. San Antonio Breast Conference, San Antonio, TX, 2012.
- Guth AA, Refinetti AP, Checka CC, Seigel B, Hernandez O, Zamuco R.. Atypical vascular lesion after radiation therapy for breast cancer, Poster presentation. ASCO Breast Conference, San Francisco, CA, 2012.
- Chun J, Refinetti AP, Schnabel FR, Leite AP, Schwartz S, Moy L.. The relationship of breast density, BMI, and menopause status in mammography and MRI, Poster presentation. ASCO Breast Conference, San Francisco, CA, 2012.
- Chun J, Refinetti AP, Axelrod DM, Guth AA, Schnabel FE.. Tumor characteristics in obese women with breast cancer, Poster presentation. ASCO Breast Conference, San Francisco, CA, 2012.
- Refinetti AP, Checka CC.. Atypical Vascular Lesions of the breast not associated with radiation, Poster presentation. American Society of Breast Disease, Dallas, TX, 2012.
- Refinetti AP, Toevs CC. Impact of Education and Daily Reinforcement on VAP bundle compliance in Surgical Intensive Care Units, Poster presentation. Southeastern Surgical Congress, Savannah, GA, 2010.
- Refinetti AP, Toevs CC. Saline versus Albumin: fluid resuscitation choice in severe traumatic brain injury, Poster presentation. Society of Critical Care Medicine, 2009.