Associate Professor, Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Inflammatory Breast Cancer, breast cancer, triple-negative breast cancer, therapy-resistant cancer, tumor progression, metastasis, tumor heterogeneity, cancer metabolism, tumor adaptability, tumor evolution, metabolic adaptability, disseminated tumor cells, tumor cell quiescence, predictive assay development, cancer therapeutics.
|1978||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, IND, PHD, Cell Biology|
|1976||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, IND, MPhil, Life Sciences|
|1974||G.B. Pant University of Ag. & Tech, Pantnagar, IND, MS, Biochemistry|
|1971||G.B. Pant University of Ag. & Tech, Pantnagar, IND, BS, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics|
|1981-1983||Postdoctoral Fellow, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ|
|1979-1981||Research Associate, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO|
|1978-1979||Research Fellowship, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi|
- Singh B, Sarli VN, Kinne HE, Shamsnia A, Lucci A. Evaluation of 6-mercaptopurine in a cell culture model of adaptable triple-negative breast cancer with metastatic potential. Oncotarget 10(38):3681-3693, 2019.
- Singh B, Sarli VN, Washburn LJ, Raythatha MR, Lucci A. A usable model of “decathlon winner” cancer cells in triple-negative breast cancer: survival of resistant cancer cells in quiescence. Oncotarget 9(13):11071-11082, 2018. e-Pub 2018.
- Singh B, Kinne HE, Milligan RD, Washburn LJ, Olsen M, Lucci A. Important Role of FTO in the Survival of Rare Panresistant Triple-Negative Inflammatory Breast Cancer Cells Facing a Severe Metabolic Challenge. PLoS ONE 11(7):e0159072, 2016.
- Singh B, Shamsnia A, Raythatha MR, Milligan RD, Cady AM, Madan S, Lucci A. Highly adaptable triple-negative breast cancer cells as a functional model for testing anticancer agents. PLoS ONE 9(10):e109487, 2014.
- Hall C, Krishnamurthy S, Lodhi A, Bhattacharyya A, Anderson A, Kuerer H, Bedrosian I, Singh B, Lucci A. Disseminated tumor cells predict survival after neoadjuvant therapy in primary breast cancer. Cancer 118(2):342-348, 2012. e-Pub 2011.
- Singh B, Tai K, Madan S, Raythatha MR, Cady AM, Braunlin M, Iring LR, Bajaj A, Lucci A. Selection of metastatic breast cancer cells based on adaptability of their metabolic state. PLoS ONE 7(5):e3610, 2012.
- Singh B, Cook KR, Vincent L, Martin C, Lucci A. Role of COX-2 in tumorospheres derived from a breast cancer cell line. J Surg Res 168(1):e39-49, 2011. e-Pub 2010.
- Krishnamurthy S, Cristofanilli M, Singh B, Reuben J, Gao H, Cohen EN, Andreopoulou E, Hall CS, Lodhi A, Jackson S, Lucci A. Detection of minimal residual disease in blood and bone marrow in early stage breast cancer. Cancer 116(14):3330-3337, 2010. PMID: 20564098.
- Singh B, Cook KR, Martin C, Huang EH, Mosalpuria K, Krishnamurthy S, Cristofanilli M, Lucci A. Evaluation of a CXCR4 antagonist in a xenograft mouse model of inflammatory breast cancer. Clin Exp Metastasis 27(4):233-240, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20229045.
- Singh B, Irving LR, Tai K, Lucci A. Overexpression of COX-2 in celecoxib-resistant breast cancer cell lines. J Surg Res 164(2):235-243, 2010. e-Pub 2010.
- Zhang D, LaFortune TA, Krishnamurthy S, Esteva FJ, Cristofanilli M, Liu P, Lucci A, Singh B, Hung MC, Hortobagyi GN, Ueno NT. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Reverses Mesenchymal to Epithelial Phenotype and Inhibits Metastasis in Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 15(21):6639-6648, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19825949.
- Lucci A, Krishnamurthy S, Singh B, Bedrosian I, Meric-Bernstam F, Reuben J, Broglio K, Mosalpuria K, Lodhi A, Vincent L, Cristofanilli M. Cyclooxygenase-2 expression in primary breast cancers predicts dissemination of cancer cells to the bone marrow. Breast Cancer Res Treat 117(1):61-68, 2009. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18663571.
- Huang EH, Singh B, Cristofanilli M, Gelovani J, Wei C, Vincent L, Cook KR, Lucci A. A CXCR4 antagonist CTCE-9908 inhibits primary tumor growth and metastasis of breast cancer. J Surg Res 155(2):231-6, 2009. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 19482312.
- Lang JE, Mosalpuria K, Cristofanilli M, Krishnamurthy S, Reuben J, Singh B, Bedrosian I, Meric-Bernstam F, Lucci A. HER2 status predicts the presence of circulating tumor cells in patients with operable breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 113(3):501-507, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 18327638.