Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Pain Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2006||University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2004||New York Medical College, New York, NY, USA, Medical, Medicine|
|2001||University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA, BA, Biology|
|2009-2010||Chief Resident, Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX|
|2006-2009||Clinical Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX|
|2011||American Board of Anesthesiologists|
Experience & Service
Instructor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Pain Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2011
Assistant Professor, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 2010 - 2011
Committee Chair, Resuscitation Committee, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TN, 2010 - 2011
Member, Texas Society of Anesthesiologists Governmental Affairs Committee Advisory Board, Austin, TX, 2009 - 2019
Honors & Awards
|2010||Harvey C. Slocum Memorial Award|
|2008||Resident Delegate, Texas Society of Anesthesiologists|
|2008||Resident Delegate, American Society of Anesthesiologists|
|2007||Resident Delegate, Texas Society of Anesthesiologists|
- Jimenez-Ruiz F1, Arnold B, Tatsui CE, Cata JP.. Perioperative and Anesthetic Considerations for Neurosurgical Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy Ablations. Neurosurgical Anesthesiology, 2016. PMID: 28009635.
- Bhavsar S, Hagan K, Arunkumar R, Potylchansky Y, Grasu R, Dang A, Carlson R, Cowels C, Arnold B, Rahlfs TF, Lipski I, Walsh C, Nguyen AT, Feng L, Cata JP. Preoperative statin use is not associated with improvement in survival after glioblastoma surgery. J Clin Neurosci 31:176-80, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27396375.
- Hagan KB, Bhavsar S, Raza SM, Arnold B, Arunkumar R, Dang A, Gottumukkala V, Popat K, Pratt G, Rahlfs T, Cata JP. Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Oncological Craniotomies. J Clin Neurosci 24:10-6, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26474504.
- Hagan,K, Arnold, B, Arunkumar,R, Carlson III,R, Hernandez,M, Owusu-Agyemang,P, Phan,M-H, Ruiz,J, Thirumurthi,S, Weston,B.. Total Intravenous Anesthesia without an Endotracheal Tube for Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography and the Incidence of Conversion to Endotracheal Intubation: A Retrospective Review. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 81(AB308), 2015.
- Arnold, Benjamin. 55 yo with postoperative hypertension in PACU following cystoscopy under general anesthesia. In: Morgan & Mikhail’s Case Study. McGraw-Hill Education.
- Arnold, Benjamin. Hyperkalemia discovered in a hospitalized patient scheduled for wound debridement. In: Morgan & Mikhail’s Case Study. McGraw-Hill Education.