About Dr. Rao Korivi
Dr. Rao Korivi is an Associate Professor in Abdominal Imaging. After completion of a Body Imaging/MSK Fellowship at MD Anderson in 2007, she worked in private practice for approximately 2 years, and then joined the Department of Diagnostic Radiology at MD Anderson in 2009.
Her academic interests include being the GI Fluoroscopy Director for Abdominal Imaging. She participates in the melanoma and lymphoma tumor boards. She enjoys teaches the residents and fellows, and gives lectures. She is also involved in several research projects.
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
QIAC ( qualitative image analysis) member who performs tumor measurements for various research protocols
Director of GI Fluoroscopy
Melanoma and Lymphoma tumor board member
|2001||Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1997||University of Houston Health Science Center School of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA, MPH, Public Health|
|1996||Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA, BS, Cell and Molecular Biology|
|2006-2007||Clinical Fellowship, Body Imaging and Musculoskeletal, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2002-2006||Diagnostic Radiology Residency, University of Missouri-Columbia Hospitals, Columbia, MO|
|2001-2002||Internship, University of Missouri-Columbia Hospitals, Columbia, MO|
|2016||American Board of Radiology|
|2006||American Board of Radiology|
- Patnana M, Menias CO, Pickhardt PJ, Elshikh M, Javadi S, Gaballah A, Shaaban AM, Korivi BR, Garg N, Elsayes KM. Liver Calcifications and Calcified Liver Masses: Pattern Recognition Approach on CT. AJR Am J Roentgenol 211(1):76-86, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29667888.
- Rastogi A, Assing M, Taggart M, Rao B, Sun J, Elsayes K, Tamm E, Bhosale P. Does computed tomography have the ability to differentiate aggressive from nonaggressive solid pseudopapillary neoplasm?. J Comput Assist Tomogr 42(3):405-411, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29287021.
- Faria S, Devine C, Viswanathan C, Javadi S, Korivi BR, Bhosale PR. FDG-PET assessment of other gynecologic cancers. PET Clin 13(2):203-223, 2018. PMID: 29482750.
- Patnana M, Korivi BR, Devine CE, Faria S, Prieto V, Ross M, Ng C. Metastatic melanoma to the testis. Br J Radiol Case Report, 2018.
- Wagner-Bartak NA, Baiomy A, Habra MA, Mukhi SV, Morani AC, Korivi BR, Waguespack SG, Elsayes KM. Cushing syndrome: diagnostic workup and imaging features, with clinical and pathologic correlation. AJR Am J Roentgenol 209(1):19-32, 2017. PMID: 28639924.
- Javadi S, Menias CO, Korivi BR, Shaaban AM, Patnana M, Alhalabi K, Elsayes KM. Pancreatic calcifications and calcified pancreatic masses: pattern recognition approach on CT. AJR Am J Roentgenol 209(1):77-87, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28418702.
- Subudhi SK, Aparicio A, Gao J, Zurita AJ, Araujo JC, Logothetis CJ, Tahir SA, Korivi BR, Slack RS, Vence L, Emerson RO, Yusko E, Vignali M, Robins HS, Sun J, Allison JP, Sharma P. Clonal expansion of CD8 T cells in the systemic circulation precedes development of ipilimumab-induced toxicities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113(42):11919-11924, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27698113.
- Vicens RA, Jensen CT, Korivi BR, Bhosale PR. Malignant renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma with liver metastasis after resection: a case report with multimodality imaging and review of the literature. J Comput Assist Tomogr 38(4):574-7, 2014. PMID: 24887578.
- Almeida MF, Patnana M, Korivi BR, Kalhor N, Marcal L. Ewing sarcoma of the kidney: a rare entity. Case Rep Radiol 2014:283902, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24523977.
- Korivi BR, Jensen CT, Patnana M, Patel KP, Bathala TK. A rare presentation of lymphoma of the cervix with cross-sectional imaging correlation. Case Rep Radiol 2014:157268, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24864220.
- Korivi BR, Elsayes KM. Cross-sectional imaging work-up of adrenal masses. World J Radiol 5(3):88-97, 2013. PMID: 23671745.
- Barrett MO, Anderson JT, Korivi BR, Vaslow D, Hoernschemeyer DG. Multilevel pediatric cervicothoracic intervertebral disc calcifications. Am J Orthop 37(7):E126-8, 2008. PMID: 18795190.
- Birnbaum M, Wright K, Korivi BR. Functional role for SP1 in the transcriptional amplification of a cell-cycle regulated histone H4 gene. Biochemistry 34(23):7648-7658, 1995. PMID: 7779811.
- Faria SC, Elsherif SB, Sagebiel T, Cox V, Rao B, Lall C, Bhosale PR. Ischiorectal fossa: benign and malignant neoplasms of this "ignored" radiological anatomical space. Abdom Radiol (NY). e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30955068.
- Korivi BR, Faria S, Aly A, Sun J, Patnana M, Jensen CT, Wagner-Bartak N, Bhosale PR. Intestinal and diffuse gastric cancer: a retrospective study comparing primary sites. Clin Imaging 56:33-40. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30870726.
- Thampy R, Khan A, Zaki IH, Wei W, Korivi BR, Staerkel G, Bathala TK. Acute Acalculous Cholecystitis in Hospitalized Patients With Hematologic Malignancies and Prognostic Importance of Gallbladder Ultrasound Findings. J Ultrasound Med. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29708270.
- Loghavi S, Curry JL, Garcia-Manero G, Patel KP, Xu J, Khoury JD, Torres-Cabala CA, Nagarajan P, Aung PP, Gibson BR, Goodwin BP, Kelly BC, Korivi BR, Medeiros LJ, Prieto VG, Kantarjian HM, Bueso-Ramos CE, Tetzlaff MT. Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia masquerading as cutaneous indeterminate dendritic cell tumor: expanding the spectrum of skin lesions in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. J Cutan Pathol. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28885734.
- Korivi BR, Javadi S, Faria S, Sagebiel T, Garg N, Patnana M, Prasad SR. Small cell carcinoma of the ovary, hypercalcemic type: clinical and imaging review. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28943050.
- Thampy R, Elsayes KM, Menias CO, Pickhardt PJ, Kang HC, Deshmukh S, Ahmed K, Rao Korivi B. Imaging features of rare mesenychmal liver tumors: beyond hemangiomas. Br J Radiol:20170373. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28766950.
- Tetzlaff MT, Jazaeri AA, Torres-Cabala CA, Korivi BR, Landon GA, Nagarajan P, Choksi A, Chen L, Uemura M, Aung PP, Diab A, Sharma P, Davies MA, Amaria R, Prieto VG, Curry JL. Erythema nodosum-like panniculitis mimicking disease recurrence: a novel toxicity from immune checkpoint blockade therapy. Report of two patients. J Cutan Pathol. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28901560.
- Jensen CT, Blair KJ, Le O, Sun J, Wei W, Korivi BR, Morani AC, Wagner-Bartak NA. Utility of CT oral contrast administration in the emergency department of a quaternary oncology hospital: diagnostic implications, turnaround times, and assessment of ED physician ordering. Abdom Radiol (NY). e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28523416.
- Korivi BR, Paglario LC. Testicular germ cell tumors. In: Oncologic Imaging: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Elsevier Saunders: Philadelphia, 335-353, 2012.