About Dr. Rao Korivi
Dr. Rao Korivi is an Assistant Professor of Abdominal Imaging. After completion of a Body Imaging/MSK Fellowship at MD Anderson in 2007, she worked in private practice at River Oaks Imaging in Houston for approximately 2 years, and then has been part of the MD Anderson staff since 2009.
Her academic interests include teaching. She coordinates the UT Houston resident lecture curriculum for the MD Anderson Abdominal Imaging faculty, and gives regular lectures to the medical students, residents, and fellows, and has given lectures at abdominal imaging QI meetings.
Dr. Rao Korivi is a member of the CCMS institution Credentialing Committee. She holds adjunct appoints at the University of Houston and the Department of Allied Sciences.
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Melanoma Moonshots program through the DI QIAC program.
Research collaboration with the Endocrinology service; involved in a grant involving changes in body fat composition changes in thyroid cancer patients from effects of drugs including cabozantinib.
Melanoma and Lymphoma Multidisciplinary Tumar Boards
|2001||Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1997||University of Houston Health Science Center School of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA, MPH, Public Health|
|1996||Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA, BS, Cell and Molecular Biology|
|2006-2007||Clinical Fellowship, Body Imaging and Musculoskeletal, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2002-2006||Diagnostic Radiology Residency, University of Missouri-Columbia Hospitals, Columbia, MO|
|2001-2002||Internship, University of Missouri-Columbia Hospitals, Columbia, MO|
|2006||American Board of Radiology|
- Vicens RA, Jensen CT, Korivi BR, Bhosale PR. Malignant renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma with liver metastasis after resection: a case report with multimodality imaging and review of the literature. J Comput Assist Tomogr 38(4):574-7, 2014. PMID: 24887578.
- Barrett MO, Anderson JT, Korivi BR, Vaslow D, Hoernschemeyer DG. Multilevel pediatric cervicothoracic intervertebral disc calcifications. Am J Orthop 37(7):E126-8, 2008. PMID: 18795190.
- Birnbaum M, Wright K, Korivi BR. Functional role for SP1 in the transcriptional amplification of a cell-cycle regulated histone H4 gene. Biochemistry 34(23):7648-7658, 1995. PMID: 7779811.
- Korivi BR, Faria de Castro S, Garg N, Elsayes KM, Qayyum A. An update of practical CT adrenal imaging – what physicians need to know. Curr Radiol Rep 3(12), 2015.
- Kwatampora L, Cabanillas ME, Korivi BR, Fogelman D, Dadu R, Dalal S, Busaidy NL. Effect of cabozantinib on body composition in advanced thyroid cancer. Endocrine Society 97th Annual Meeting and Expo Meeting Program. e-Pub 2015.
- Faria S, Sagebiel TL, Korivi BR, Gupta S, Devine CE, Patnana M. Metastatic melanoma: pictorial review of the usual and unusual faces of this serious tumor. Radiological Society of North America 2014 Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting. e-Pub 2014.
- Rauch M, Bhosale P, Tamm E, Devine C, Korivi BR, Szklaruk J. Hepatobiliary vascular anatomy in the era of dual energy CT (DECT). Radiological Society of North America 2014 Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting Program. e-Pub 2014.
- Baiomy A, Amir Habra M, Morani AC, Korivi BR, Abdelsalam ME, Elsayes KM. Cushing syndrome; pathogenesis, diagnostic work and spectrum of imaging findings with pathologic correlation and impact on clinical management. Radiological Society of North America 2013 Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting Program. e-Pub 2013.
- Korivi BR, Paglario LC. Testicular germ cell tumors. In: Oncologic Imaging: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Elsevier Saunders: Philadelphia, 335-353, 2012.