Meet Carol Lewis, M.D.
About Dr. Lewis
Dr. Carol Lewis attended the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, where she received her Bachelor of Science in Asian Studies and Biology with High Honors, and was a junior inductee into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. She then attended Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, where she obtained both her MD with Distinction in Research and her Masters of Public Health. During medical school, she spent one year as an Albert Schweitzer fellow, educating socially-marginalized populations about access to resources, as well as two years doing basic immunology research at the National Institutes of Health. She was also inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. She completed her residency in the Harvard Medical School Otolaryngology Residency Program and her fellowship in head and neck cancer surgery at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Currently, Dr. Lewis is an Associate Professor in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. She is board-certified in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery with the American Board of Otolaryngology. She is also a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and American Head and Neck Society, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Her research focuses on improving the quality of head and neck cancer care, patient education, and the patient experience.
Dr. Lewis uses a multidisciplinary approach to treat a range of head and neck cancer, including skin cancer and melanoma, mouth and throat cancer, and thyroid cancer.
Associate Professor, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
|2004||Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA, MPH, Master of Public Health, Community Medicine|
|2003||Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA, MD, Medical Doctor|
|1997||University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, BS, Biology|
|1997||University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, BS, Asian Studies|
|2014-2014||Value-Based Health Care Delivery: Leadership Workshop, Harvard Business School, Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX|
|2011-2012||The Heart of Leadership: Core Skills Program, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Faculty Development, Faculty Leader, Houston, TX|
|2011-2011||Advanced Training Program in Healthcare Delivery Improvement, Intermountain Healthcare, Institute for Healthcare Delivery Research, Salt Lake City, UT|
|2011-2011||Measurement, Design, and Analysis Methods for Health Outcomes Research, Harvard School of Public Health, Center for Continuing Professional Education, Boston, MA|
|2011-2013||Fellowship, Comparative Effectiveness Research on Cancer in Texas Clinician-Scientist Training Program, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX|
|2010-2010||Outcomes Research Course, Outcomes Research Course, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL|
|2009-2010||Clinical Fellowship, Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2008-2009||Research Fellowship, Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2004-2008||Clinical Residency, Otolaryngology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|2003-2004||Clinical Internship, General Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA|
|2009||American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery|
Professor, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2021 - Present
Assistant Professor, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2016
Patient Experience Officer, Head and Neck Center, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - Present
Director, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Head and Neck Surgery Performance Improvement Program, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
Mentor, The University of Texas Houston McGovern Medical School Women in Surgery Mentorship Program, Houston, TX, 2015 - Present
Head and Neck Surgeon Champion, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Head and Neck - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, Head and Neck Surgery, Houston, TX, 2013 - Present
Chair, Department of Head and Neck Surgery - Core Curriculum Conference Series, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2020
Member, Resident Selection Interview Panel, Harvard Medical School Residency in Otolaryngology, Boston, MA, 2006 - 2008
Member, Medical Record Committee, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, 2005 - 2008
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Division of Surgery Value Equation for Surgery Committee, 2019 - Present
Leader, Patient Experience Improvement Committee, 2017 - 2018
Member, Clinical Effectiveness Subcommittee, 2016 - Present
Senator, Faculty Senate, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston, TX, 2015 - Present
Member, Division of Surgery Gender Inclusiveness Committee, 2015 - Present
Member, Faculty Academic Review Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, Strategic Planning Access Algorithm Team, 2014 - 2017
Member, Medical Practice Committee, 2014 - Present
Quality/Cost-Effectiveness Section Leader, Stiefel/Oropharynx Steering Committee, 2014 - 2019
Senator, Faculty Senate, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2013
|2018||AAO-HNSF Committee Excellence Award, Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Committee, American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery|
|2017||13th Annual Robert M. Chamberlain Distinguished Mentor Award - Nominee, Postdoctoral Association, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2016||Fellow, American College of Surgeons|
|2008||First Prize Resident Research Award, The Triological Society Eastern Section|
|2007||AAO-HNS Humanitarian Resident Travel Grant|
|2007||AAO-HNS Resident Travel Award|
|2007||November Employee of the Month, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary|
|2003||Harold Lampert Biomedical Research Prize|
|2003||Jeffrey Modell Immunology Prize|
|2003||George James Epidemiology Prize|
|2003||James Felt Memorial Prize|
|2003||American Medical Women's Association Glasgow Memorial Award, American Medical Women's Association|
|2002||Outstanding Research Award, Associated Medical Schools of New York|
|2002||Distinction in Research, Mount Sinai School of Medicine|
|2002||Elected to Lambda Chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha|
|2001||Continuing Education Scholarship, Howard Hughes Medical Institute|
|1999||Research Scholar Fellowship, Howard Hughes Medical Institute|
|1998||Albert Schweitzer Fellowship|
|1997||James B. Angell Scholar|
|1997||High Honors in Biology|
|1996||National Science Foundation Summer Grant for Developmental Neurobiology|
|1996||Junior Inductee to Phi Beta Kappa|
|1996||James B. Angell Scholar|
- Wang JR, Nurgalieva Z, Fu S, Tam S, Zhao H, Giordano S, Hutcheson KA, Lewis CM. Utilization of Rehabilitation Services in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer in the United States: A SEER-Medicare Analysis in Head & Neck. Journal of the Sciences and Specialties of the Head and Neck, 2019.
- Zheng G, Lei F, Lewis CM. A data review of airway management in patients with oral cavity or oropharyngeal cancer: a single-institution experience. BMC Anesthesiology, 2019.
- Hutcheson KA, Nurgalieva Z, Zhao H, Gunn GB, Giordano SH, Bhayani MK, Lewin JS, Lewis CM. Two-year prevalence of dysphagia and related outcomes in head and neck cancer survivors: An updated SEER-Medicare analysis. Head Neck 41(2):479-487, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30536748.
- Amaria RN, Reddy SM, Tawbi HA, Davies MA, Ross MI, Glitza IC, Cormier JN, Lewis CM, Hwu WJ, Hanna E, Diab A, Wong MK, Royal R, Gross N, Weber R, Lai SY, Ehlers R, Blando J, Milton DR, Woodman S, Kageyama R, Wells DK, Hwu P, Patel SP, Lucci A, Hessel A, Lee JE, Gershenwald J, Simpson L, Burton EM, Posada L, Haydu L, Wang L, Zhang S, Lazar AJ, Hudgens CW, Gopalakrishnan V, Reuben A, Andrews MC, Spencer CN, Prieto V, Sharma P, Allison J, Tetzlaff MT, Wargo JA. Neoadjuvant Immune Checkpoint Blockade in High-Risk Resectable Melanoma. Nat Med 24(11):1649-1654, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30297909.
- Lewis CM, Ajmani GS, Kyrillos A, Chamberlain P, Wang CH, Nocon CC, Peek M, Bhayani MK. Racial Disparities in the Choice of Definitive Treatment for Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Oral Cavity. Head Neck 40(11):2372-2382, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29947066.
- Ng SP, Dyer BA, Kalpathy-Cramer J, Mohamed ASR, Awan MJ, Gunn GB, Phan J, Zafereo M, Debnam JM, Lewis CM, Colen RR, Kupferman ME, Guha-Thakurta N, Canahuate G, Marai GE, Vock D, Hamilton B, Holland J, Cardenas CE, Lai S, Rosenthal D, Fuller CD. A Prospective In Silico Analysis of Interdisciplinary and Interobserver Spatial Variability in Post-Operative Target Delineation of High-Risk Oral Cavity Cancers: Does Physician Specialty Matter?. Clin Transl Radiat Oncol 12:40-46, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30148217.
- Zheng G, Dong W, Lewis CM. General Anesthesia Imposes Negative Effects on Heart Rate and Blood Pressure Regulation in Patients With a History of Head and Neck Radiation Therapy. Anesth Analg 125(6):2056-2062, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28961561.
- Hansen CC, Smith JB, Mohamed ASR, Mulcahy CF, Wefel JS, Hutcheson KA, Chrane K, Phan J, Frank SJ, Garden AS, Smith BD, Eichelberger H, Anderson C, McCoy C, Horiates M, Patrick C, Floris S, French C, Beadle BM, Morrison WH, Su SY, Lewis CM, Kupferman ME, Johnson JM, Skinner HD, Lai SY, Hanna EY, Rosenthal DI, Fuller CD, Gunn GB, MD Anderson Head and Neck Cancer Symptom Working Group. Cognitive function and patient-reported memory problems after radiotherapy for cancers at the skull base: A cross-sectional survivorship study using the Telephone Interview for Cognitive Status and the MD Anderson Symptom Inventory-Head and Neck Module. Head Neck 39(10):2048-2056, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28763137.
- Goepfert RP, Hutcheson KA, Lewin JS, Desai NG, Zafereo ME, Hessel AC, Lewis CM, Weber RS, Gross ND. Complications, hospital length of stay, and readmission after total laryngectomy. Cancer 123(10):1760-1767, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28026864.
- Ting J, Bell DM, Lewis CM. Left Temple Ulceration. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142(9):909-10, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27123903.
- Lira RB, de Carvalho AY, de Carvalho GB, Lewis CM, Weber RS, Kowalski LP. Quality assessment in head and neck oncologic surgery in a Brazilian cancer center compared with MD Anderson Cancer Center benchmarks. Head Neck 38(7):1002-7, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26614545.
- Lewis CM, Nurgalieva Z, Sturgis EM, Lai SY, Weber RS. Improving Patient Outcomes through Multidisciplinary Treatment Planning Conference. Head Neck 38 Suppl 1:E1820-5, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26690552.
- Lewis CM, Aloia TA, Shi W, Martin I, Lai SY, Selber JC, Hessel AC, Hanasono MM, Hutcheson KA, Robb GL, Weber RS. Development and Feasibility of a Specialty-Specific National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP): The head and neck - reconstructive surgery NSQIP. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 142(4):321-7, 2016. PMID: 26892756.
- Bell D, Lewis C, El-Naggar AK, Weber RS. Primary intraosseous mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the jaw: Reappraisal of the MD Anderson Cancer Center experience. Head Neck 38 Suppl 1:E1312-7, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26316332.
- Liederbach E, Lewis CM, Yao K, Brockstein BE, Wang CH, Lutfi W, Bhayani MK. A Contemporary Analysis of Surgical Trends in the Treatment of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Oropharynx from 1998 to 2012: A Report from the National Cancer Database. Ann Surg Oncol 22(13):4422-31, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25893414.
- Gunn GB, Hansen CC, Garden AS, Fuller CD, Mohamed AS, Morrison WH, Frank SJ, Beadle BM, Phan J, Chronowski GM, Sturgis EM, Lewis CM, Lu C, Hutcheson KA, Mendoza TR, Cleeland CS, Rosenthal DI. Favorable patient reported outcomes following IMRT for early carcinomas of the tonsillar fossa: Results from a symptom assessment study. Radiother Oncol 117(1):132-8, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26403258.
- Lewis CM, Chronowski GM, Dong W, Gunn GB, Rosenthal DI, Weber RS. Analysis of Charges Associated with Definitive Non-Surgical Therapy for Early-Stage Lateralized Tonsil Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 22(8):2755-60, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25519929.
- Lewis CM, Monroe MM, Roberts DB, Hessel AC, Lai SY, Weber RS. An Audit and Feedback System for Effective Quality Improvement in Head and Neck Surgery: Can we become better surgeons?. Cancer 121(10):1581-7, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25639485.
- Lewis CM, Hutcheson KA, Kupferman ME. Comparative effectiveness in head and neck malignancies. Cancer Treat Res 164:89-99, 2015. PMID: 25677020.
- Walters RS, Albright HW, Weber RS, Feeley TW, Hanna EY, Cantor SB, Lewis CM, Burke TW. Developing a system to track meaningful outcome measures in head and neck cancer treatment. Head Neck 36(2):226-30, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23729280.
- Pena I, Bell DM, Lewis CM. Pathology quiz case 1. Primary cutaneous osteosarcoma of the left temple. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139(3):315-7, 2013. PMID: 23657498.
- Liu C, *Lewis CM*, Lou Y, Xu C, Peng W, Yang Y, Gelbard AH, Lizée G, Zhou D, Overwijk WW, Hwu P. Agonistic antibody to CD40 boosts the antitumor activity of adoptively transferred T cells in vivo. J Immunother 35(3):276-82, 2012. PMID: 22421945.
- Lewis CM, Glisson BS, Feng L, Wan F, Tang X, Wistuba II, El-Naggar AK, Rosenthal DI, Chambers MS, Lustig RA, Weber RS. A Phase II Study of Gefitinib for Aggressive Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck. Clin Cancer Res 18(5):1435-46, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22261807.
- Lewis CM, Hessel AC, Roberts DB, Guo YZ, Holsinger FC, Ginsberg LE, El-Naggar AK, Weber RS. Prereferral head and neck cancer treatment: compliance with national comprehensive cancer network treatment guidelines. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136(12):1205-11, 2010. PMID: 21173369.
- Weber RS, Lewis CM, Eastman SD, Hanna EY, Akiwumi O, Hessel AC, Lai SY, Kian L, Kupferman ME, Roberts DB. Quality and Performance Indicators in an Academic Department of Head and Neck Surgery. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136(12):1212-8, 2010. PMID: 21173370.
- Lewis CM, Bell DM, Lai SY. Pathology quiz case 2. Calcifying fibrous pseudotumor (CFT) of the oral cavity. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136(8):841, 843-4, 2010. PMID: 20713769.
- Reh DD, Lewis CM, Metson R. Frontal Bullosa: Diagnosis and Management of a New Variant of Frontal Mucocele. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136(6):625-8, 2010. PMID: 20566916.
- Lewis CM, Chung WY, Holsinger FC. Feasibility and surgical approach of transaxillary robotic thyroidectomy without CO(2) insufflation. Head Neck 32(1):121-6, 2010. PMID: 19998442.
- Lewis CM, Chang KP, Pitman M, Faquin WC, Randolph GW. Thyroid fine-needle aspiration biopsy: variability in reporting. Thyroid 19(7):717-23, 2009. PMID: 19485775.
- Lewis CM, Lin DT, Curry WT, Barker FG, Deschler DG. The use of nasopharyngeal airways for airway diversion in anterior craniofacial resection. Am J Rhinol 22(5):529-32, 2008. PMID: 18954515.
- Lewis CM, Deschler DG. Desirudin reduces the rate of microvenous thrombosis in a rat model. Laryngoscope 118(7):1149-52, 2008. PMID: 18401270.
- Lewis CM, Caruso P, Cunningham MJ. Parapharyngeal space lymphadenopathy. Pediatr Radiol 37(3):313-6, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17211602.
- Lewis CM, Resto VA, Wu D, Goguen L. Pathology quiz case 2. Diagnosis: malakoplakia of the left tongue base. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132(10):1157, 1159, 2006. PMID: 17043272.
- Brandwein-Gensler M, Teixeira MS, Lewis CM, Lee B, Rolnitzky L, Hille JJ, Genden E, Urken ML, Wang BY. Oral squamous cell carcinoma: histologic risk assessment, but not margin status, is strongly predictive of local disease-free and overall survival. Am J Surg Path 29(2):167-78, 2005. PMID: 15644773.
- Labno CM, Lewis CM, You D, Leung DW, Takesono A, Kamberos N, Seth A, Finkelstein LD, Rosen MK, Schwartzberg PL, Burkhardt JK. Itk functions to control actin polymerization at the immune synapse through localized activation of Cdc42 and WASP. Curr Biol 13(18):1619-24, 2003. PMID: 13678593.
- Schaeffer EM*, Yap GS*, Lewis CM*, Czar MJ, McVicar DW, Cheever AW, Sher A, Schwartzberg PL *These authors contributed equally. Mutation of Tec family kinases alters T helper cell differentiation. Nat Immunol 2(12):1183-8, 2001. PMID: 11702066.
- Czar MJ, Debnath J, Schaeffer EM, Lewis CM, Schwartzberg PL. Biochemical and genetic analyses of the Tec kinases Itk and Rlk/Txk. Biochem Soc Trans 29(Pt 6):863-7, 2001. PMID: 11709089.
- Baumlin KM, Bessette MJ, Lewis C, Richardson LD. EMCyberSchool: an evaluation of computer-assisted instruction on the Internet. Acad Emerg Med 7(8):959-62, 2000. PMID: 10958144.
- Park M, Lewis C, Turbay D, Chung A, Chen JN, Evan S, Breitbart RE, Fishman MC, Izumo S, Bodmer R. Differential rescue of visceral and cardiac defects in Drosophila by vertebrate tinman-related genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 4(95):9366-71, 1998. PMID: 9689086.
- Silver N, Weber RS, Lozano M, Hessel A, Meade J, Moore J, Hanna E, Lewis CM. Reducing Patient Wait Times in a Head and Neck Cancer Outpatient Clinic: A Pilot Study. The Laryngoscope. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31070242.
- Chang S, Sanii R, Chaudhary H, Lewis CM, Seidman M, Yaremchuk K. Evaluation of early oral cavity cancer treatment quality at a single institution. Laryngoscope. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30408196.
- Lewis CM, Weber RS. Performance Improvement in Head and Neck Cancer. Curr Oncol Rep 20(1):1, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29349566.
- Lewis CM, Weber RS. Standardizing Treatment: A Crisis in Cancer Care. Otolaryngol Clin North Am 46(4):671-9, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23910477.
- Lewis CM, Weber RS, Hanna EY. Quality of Care in Head and Neck Cancer. Curr Oncol Rep 13(2):120-5, 2011. PMID: 21207205.
- Holsinger FC, Sweeney AD, Jantharapattana K, Salem A, Weber RS, Chung WY, Lewis CM, Grant DG. The Emergence of Endoscopic Head and Neck Surgery. Curr Oncol Rep 12(3):216-22, 2010. PMID: 20425082.
- Lewis CM, Broussard C, Czar MJ, Schwartzberg PL.. Tec Kinases: Modulators of Lymphocyte Signaling and Development. Curr Opin Immunol 13(3):317-25, 2001. PMID: 11406363.
- Lewis CM. Clinical Outcomes in pT4 Tongue Carcinoma are Worse Than in pT3 Disease: How Extrinsic Muscle Invasion Should Be Considered?. Ann Surg Oncol 24(9):2436-2437, 2017. PMID: 28643012.
- Tam S, Nurgalieva Z, Zhao H, Giordano SH, Lewis CM. Radiographic Surveillance in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer Using SEER-Medicare Data: 2002-2011. American Head & Neck Society 2018 Annual Meeting during the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM), National Harbor, MD, 2018.
- Hutcheson KA, Nurgalieva Z, Gunn GB, Giordano S, Zhao H, Bhayani M, Lewis CM. 2-Year Prevalence of Dysphagia and Related Outcomes in Head and Neck Cancer Survivors: An Updated SEER-Medicare Analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 99(2 (Suppli. 1)):E342, 2017.
- Lewis CM, Nurgalieva Z, Gunn GB, Zhao H, Giordano S, Bhayani M, Hutcheson KA. Trends in Head and Neck Cancer Post-Treatment Rehabilitation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 99(2 (Suppli. 1)):E539, 2017.
- Chen M, Teixeira J, Lewis CM, Ginsberg LE. Extramedullary CNS Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A Rare Cause of Antegrade Perineural Spread of Tumor. American Society of Neuroradiology, ASNR 55th Annual Meeting & Symposium, Long Beach, CA, 2017.
- Lewis CM, Nurgalieva Z. Optimizing Post-Treatment Surveillance of Head and Neck Cancer. Cancer Survivorship Research Advisory Workgroup Meeting, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2016.
- Lewis CM, Nurgalieva Z, Hanna EY, Rosenthal DI, Weber RS. Improving the Timeliness of Head and Neck Cancer Care. American Head & Neck Society 9th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer, Seattle, WA, 2016.
- Greene JB, Chang S, Lewis CM, Weber RS. Quality Initiatives in the Treatment of Laryngeal Cancer. American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Dallas, TX, 2015.
- Lewis CM, Nurgalieva Z, Lai SY, Weber RS. Adherence to head and neck cancer guidelines: setting the stage for continual quality improvement. ASCO Quality Care Symposium, 2014.
- Lai SY, Rashmi R, Lewis CM, Hessel A, Gidley P, Skoracki R, Jordan V, Weber RS. Ensuring quality of care for head and neck cancer patients: longitudinal analysis of morbidity and mortality conference data. 99th Annual Clinical Congress, American College of Surgeons (ACS), Washington, D.C, 2013.
- Lai SY, Rashmi R, Lewis CM, Hessel AC, Gidley PW, Skoracki R, Weber RS. Longitudinal analysis of morbidity and mortality conference data for head and neck cancer patients. Oral Presentation. 2013 AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting & OTO Expo, Vancouver, BC, 2013.
- Lewis CM, Nurgalieva Z, Lai SY, Sturgis E, Beadle BM, William WN, Weber RS. Head and Neck Cancer Multidisciplinary Conference: Improving patient outcomes. Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting (COSM), 2013.
- Lewis CM, Meade J, Moore J, Harris S, Philip P, Hebert H, Spears L, Hessel A, Hanna EY, Weber RS. Improving time from first contact to initial appointment for head and neck cancer patients. Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting (COSM), 2013.
- Nurgalieva Z, Weber RS, Lai SY, Sturgis E, Beadle BM, William WN, Lewis CM. Adherence to head and neck cancer guidelines: Multidisciplinary conference recommendations and treatment received. Poster Presentation. ASCO Quality Care Symposium, 2012.
- Nurgalieva Z, Weber RS, Lai SY, Sturgis E, Beadle BM, William WN, Lewis CM. Adherence to head and neck cancer guidelines: Setting the stage for continual quality improvement. Poster Presentation. ASCO Quality Care Symposium, 2012.
- Nurgalieva Z, Weber RS, Lai SY, Sturgis EM, Beadle BM, William Jr. W, Lewis CM. Adherence to head and neck cancer guidelines: multidisciplinary conference recommendations and care delivered. ASCO Quality Care Symposium, San Diego, CA, 2012.
- Lai SY, Williams MD, Chasen BA, Lewis CM, Hessel AC, Gillenwater AM, Rohren EM, Myers JN, Weber RS. 99m-Tc-Tilmanocept-Identified Sentinel Lymph Nodes Relative to the Pathological Status of Non-Sentinel Lymph Nodes in an Elective Neck Dissection in Cutaneous and Intraoral Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Single Institutional Experience. 8th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer, Toronto, Canada, 2012.
- Zheng G, Lewis CM, Dong W, Huang N, Rozner M. The Influences of Head and Neck Radiation Therapy on Intraoperative Hemodynamic Responses: A 10-year Data Review. The Journal of The American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc. e-Pub 2014.
- Lewis CM, Nurgalieva Z, Lai SY, Weber RS. Adherence to head and neck cancer guidelines: Setting the stage for continual quality improvement. Journal of Clinical Oncology. e-Pub 2014.
- Lewis CM, Kupferman ME. Surgery of the Major Salivary Glands. In: Fischer's Mastery of Surgery. 7. Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, PA, 2018.
- Lewis CM, Chinn SB, Holsinger FC, Weber RS. Cancers of the Larynx: Tis, T1. T2 Evaluation and Management. In: Head and Neck Cancer: Multimodality Management. 2. Springer International Publishing, 539-553, 2016.
- Lewis CM, Lai SY, Hessel AC, Weber RS. Head and Neck Cancer Care: Quality and Guidelines. In: Cancer of the Head and Neck. 5. Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, PA, 2016.
- Lewis CM, Hutcheson KA, Kupferman ME. Comparative Effectiveness in Head and Neck Malignancies. In: Comparative Effectiveness in Surgical Oncology: Key Questions and How to Answer Them. 1. Springer: New York, NY, 2015.
- Hutcheson KA, Lewis CM. Head and Neck Survivorship Management. In: Advances in Cancer Survivorship Management. 1. Springer: New York, 2015.
- Lewis CM, Weber RS. Consensus guidelines. In: Personalized Management of Head and Neck Cancer. Future Medicine Ltd: England, 132-141, 2013.
- Lewis CM, Weber RS. Base of Tongue Resection. In: Atlas of Otorhinolaryngological Surgery. 1. Jaypee Brothers: India, 2013.
- Lewis CM, Weber RS. Lateral Neck Dissection: Technique. In: Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands. 2. Elsevier, Inc: Philadelphia, PA, 2013.
- Lewis CM, Kupferman ME. Surgery of the Submandibular and Sublingual Salivary Glands. In: Fischer's Mastery of Surgery. 6. Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012.
- Lewis CM, Laccourreye O, Weber RS, Holsinger FC. Cancers of the Larynx: Tis, T1, T2. Evaluation and Management. In: Head and Neck Cancer: Multimodality Management. 1. Springerlink: Willowick, OH, 2011.
|Title:||Late Effects and Intervention Needs in Head & Neck Cancer Survivors|
|Funding Source:||American Cancer Society (ACS)|
|Funding Source:||Stiefel Oropharyngeal Research Fund|
|Title:||Optimizing Post-Treatment Surveillance of Head and Neck Cancer|
|Funding Source:||The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Survivorship Program|