About Dr. Devine
Dr. Devine obtained her M.D. from The University of Texas-Health Science center in 1999. She performed a year internship at Christus-St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, Texas, followed by a residency in Diagnostic Radiology at The University of Texas-Health Science Center, 2000-2004. Dr. Devine completed a fellowship in Abdominal Imaging at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in 2005, and was subsequently appointed to a faculty position. Dr. Devine is currently an Associate Professor of Diagnostic Radiology in the Abdominal Imaging section.
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
US Guided Biopsies
|1999||University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1994||Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA, BS, Biomedical Science|
|2004-2005||Clinical Fellowship, Body Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2000-2004||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas-Houston Medical School, Houston, TX|
|1999-2000||Clinical Internship, Medicine, Christus St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, TX|
|2004||American Board of Radiology|
|2013||Certificate of Merit, Education Exhibit, The role of intra-operative ultrasound in oncologic therapy, Radiological Society of North America|
|2013||Certificate of Merit, Education Exhibit, Changes in pelvic anatomy following pelvic exenteration, imaging findings pelvic exenteration for pelvic malignancies: A systematic review, Radiological Society of North America|
|2011||Certificate of Merit, Education Exhibit, Imaging of the gall bladder wall: A pattern recognition approach on CT and MRI with pathologic correlation, Radiological Society of North America|
|2004||Certificate of Merit, Education Exhibit, Imaging characteristics of local recurrent primary tumors of bone, Radiological Society of North America|
|2002||Summa Cum Laude, American Society of Neuroradiology|
|1998||Alpha Omega Alpha|
- Ikoma N, Das P, Blum M, Estrella JS, Devine CE, Wang X, Fournier K, Mansfield P, Minsky BD, Ajani J, Badgwell BD. Preoperative chemoradiation therapy does dot increase risk of anastomotic leak in patients with gastric cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 99(3):660-666, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29280460.
- Chauhan A, Garg N, Menias CO, Devine CE, Bhosale PR, Balachandran A. Tumor thrombus as a rare presentation of lymphoma: A case series of 14 patients. AJR Am J Roentgenol 204(4):W398-W404, 2015. PMID: 25794089.
- Karam JA, Devine CE, Urbauer DL, Lozano M, Maity T, Ahrar K, Tamboli P, Tannir NM, Wood CG. Phase 2 trial of neoadjuvant axitinib in patients with locally advanced nonmetastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Eur Urol 66(5):874-880, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24560330.
- Dadu R, Devine CE, Hernandez M, Waguespack SG, Busaidy NL, Hu MI, Jimenez C, Habra MA, Sellin RV, Ying AK, Cote GJ, Sherman SI, Cabanillas ME. Role of salvage targeted therapy in differentiated thyroid cancer patients who failed first-line sorafenib. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99(6):2086-2094, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24628550.
- Haygood TM, Qing Liu MA, Galvan EM, Bassett R, Devine CE, Lano E, Viswanathan C, Marom EM. Memory for previously viewed radiographs and the effect of prior knowledge of memory task. Acad Radiol 20(12):1598-1603, 2013. PMID: 24200488.
- Ganeshan D, Iyer R, Devine CE, Bhosale P, Paulson E. Imaging of primary and secondary renal lymphoma. AJR Am J Roentgenol 201(5):W712-W719, 2013. PMID: 24147501.
- Viswanathan C, Kirschner K, Truong M, Balachandran A, Devine CE, Bhosale P. Multimodality imaging of vulvar cancer: Staging, therapeutic response, and complications. AJR Am J Roentgenol 200(6):1387-1400, 2013. PMID: 23701080.
- Bhosale P, Peungjesada S, Devine CE, Balachandran A, Iyer R. Role of magnetic resonance imaging as an adjunct to clinical staging in cervical carcinoma. J Comput Assist Tomogr 34(6):855-864, 2010. PMID: 21084900.
- Iyer RB, Balachandran A, Devine CE. PET/CT and cross sectional imaging of gynecologic malignancy. Cancer Imaging 7 Spec No A:S130-S138, 2007. PMID: 17921092.
- Devine CE, Mawlawi O. Radiation safety with positron emission tomography and computed tomography. Semin Ultrasound CT MR 31(1):39-45, 2010. PMID: 20102694.
- Devine CE, Szklaruk J, Tamm EP. Magnetic resonance imaging in the characterization of pelvic masses. Semin Ultrasound CT MRI 26(3):172-204, 2005. PMID: 15987066.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Mohammad F, Devine CE. Foreign Body. American College of Radiology-Case in Point: Reston, VA, 2009.
- Mohammad F, Devine CE. Foreign Body. The University of Texas-Houston Medical School: Houston, Texas, 2009.
- Devine CE, Mercado MG. Radiographic manifestations of non-accidental trauma. Case Report. Web-based Teaching File. The University of Texas-Houston Medical School: Houston, Texas, 2004.
- Devine CE, Mercado MG. Congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Case Report. Web Based Teaching File. The University of Texas-Houston Medical School: Houston, Texas, 2004.
- Devine CE, Oldham SAA. Manifestations of primary TB in an AIDS patient. Case Report. Web Based Teaching File. The University of Texas-Houston Medical School: Houston, Texas, 2003.
- Lorch JH, Busaidy N, Ruan DT, Janne PA, Limaye S, Wirth LJ, Wagle N, Hanna GJ, Misiukiewicz K, Suda M, Haddad TC, Devine CE, Williams A, Warsi G, Posner MR, Haddad RI. A phase II study of everolimus in patients with aggressive RAI refractory (RAIR) thyroid cancer (TC). 2013 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, 2013.
- Karam JA, Devine CE, Lozano M, Tannir NM, Ahrar K, Tamboli P, Wood CG. A phase II clinical trial examining the impact of neoadjuvant axitinib on primary tumor response in patients with locally advanced clear cell renal cell carcinoma. 2013 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, 2013.
- Dadu R, Devine CE, Hernandez M, Busaidy N, Waguespack S, Ying A, Habra MA, Thosani S, Hu M, Cabanillas ME. Is second line targeted beneficial in patients (pts) with differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC) after 1st line sorafenib (SOR) failure?. 2013 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, 2013.
- Viswanathan C, Vikram R, Devine CE, Balachandran A, Bronstein Y, Bhosale PR. F18-FDG PET CT in gynecologic malignancies: evidence, pearls, and pitfalls. 97th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, 2011.
- Bedi D, Patnana M, Gonzalez-DeLuna M, Viswanathan C, Bhosale P, Ernst R, Bronstein Y, Balachandran A, LePetross C, Devine CE, Marcal L, Vikram R, Lem K. Ovarian cancer screening: unmasking the corpus luteum and other actors--how to sort them out. AJR Am J Roentgenol 190(4 Suppl), 2008.
- Costelloe C, Sepulveda K, Devine CE, McAlee K, Kumar R, Madewell J. Imaging characteristics of locally recurrent primary tumors of bone. 90th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America Program. e-Pub 2004.
- Bhosale PR, Devine CE, Gardner CS, Qayyum A. Role computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in the evaluation of gynecologic disorders. In: Callen's Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 6th. Elsevier, 1045-1075, 2016.
- Vikram R, Patnana M, Devine CE, Mansfield P, Pham A. Gastric Carcinoma. In: Oncologic Imaging: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Elsevier: Philadelphia, 231-246, 2012.