Education & Training
|2012||The University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA, PHD, Clinical Health Psychology & Behavioral Medicine|
|2005||The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA, BA, Psychology/Minor Sociology|
|2012-2013||Clinical Fellowship, Post-Doctoral Primary Care Psychology Fellow, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX|
Experience & Service
Assistant Professor, Department of Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2021 - Present
Honors & Awards
|2018||Exceptional Care in an Ambulatory Setting, Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CGCAHPS)|
- *Christie AJ, *Powers-James C, Narayanan S, Chen M, Eddy C, Gomez T, Crawford K, Cohen L, Lopez G *Co-First Authors. Multidisciplinary lifestyle modification program (IM-FIT) for cancer survivors: implementation of a reimbursable model in a cancer hospital. Support Care Cancer, 2102.
- Narayanan S, Lopez G, Powers-James C, Fellman B, Chunduru A, Li Y, Bruera E, Cohen L. Integrative oncology consultations delivered via telehealth in 2020 and in-person in 2019: Paradigm shift during the COVID-19 world pandemic. SAGE 20, 2021.
- Lopez G, Narayanan S, Christie A, Powers-James C, Liu W, Garcia M.K, Gomez T, Wu J, Chunduru A, Williams J, Li Y, Bruera E, Cohen L. Effects of center-based delivery of tai chi and qi Gong group classes on self-reported symptoms in cancer patients and caregivers. Integrative Cancer Therapies, 2020.
- Powers-James C, Alvarez A, Milbury K, Barbo A, Daunov K, Lopez G, Cohen L, Delgado-Guay MO, Olopade OI, Lee RT. The influence of spirituality and religiosity on US oncologists' personal use of and clinical practices regarding complementary and alternative medicine. Integr Cancer Ther, 2020.
- Lopez G, Christie AJ, Powers-James C, Bae MS, Dibaj SS, Gomez T, Williams JL, Bruera E. The effects of inpatient music therapy on self-reported symptoms at an academic cancer center: a preliminary report. Support Care Cancer, 2019.
- Lopez G, Lacey J, Christie A, Powers-James C, Narayanan S, Liu W, Cohen L. Patient-reported outcomes in integrative oncology: Bridging clinical care with research. The Cancer Journal, 2019.
- Lopez G, Lacey J, Christie AJ, Powers-James C, Narayanan S, Liu W, Cohen L. Outcomes in integrative oncology: Bridging clinical care with research. Cancer J, 2019.
- Lopez, G., Chaoul, M. A., Powers-James, C., Spelman, A., Wei, Q., Engle, R., Hashmi, Y., Bruera, E. & Cohen, L.. A Pragmatic Evaluation of Symptom Distress After Group Meditation for Cancer Patients and Caregivers: A Preliminary Report. Journal of pain and symptom management 55(5):1321-1326, 2018.
- Lopez, G., Chaoul, A., Powers-James, C., Eddy, C. A., Mallaiah, S., Gomez, T. I, Janet L Williams, MPH, CCRP, Qi Wei, MS, Eduardo Bruera, MD, Cohen, L.. Group Yoga Effects on Cancer Patient and Caregiver Symptom Distress: Assessment of Self-reported Symptoms at a Comprehensive Cancer Center. Integrative Cancer Therapies:1087-1094, 2018.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Moadel-Robblee A, Christie A, Powers-James C. Stress management. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 2018.
- Christie A, Powers-James C, Eddy C, Gomez T, Crawford K, Lopez G, Cohen L. Intensive, Multidisciplinary Lifestyle Modification Program (IM Fit) for Overweight/Obese Cancer Survivors: A Preliminary Report. Cancer Survivorship Symposium, 2019.
- Lopez G, Christie A, Powers-James C, Bae Mi Sun, Dibaj SS, Gomez TI, Williams JT, Bruera E. The Effects of Inpatient Music Therapy on Self-Reported Symptoms at an Academic Cancer Center. Society for Integrative Oncology 16th International Conference, 2019.
- Lee RT, Powers-James C, Alvarez AL, Milbury K, Adan F, Lopez G. The influence of spirituality and religiossity on the personal use and practice patterns with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM): A national survey of US oncologists. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2016.
- Powers-James C, Alvarez AL, Milbury K, Adan F, Lopez G, Cohen L, Delgado-Guay M, Olopade OI, Curlin FA. The influence of spirituality and religiosity on the personal use and practice patterns with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM): A national survey of US oncologists. J Clin Oncol, 2016.