Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Pain Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2010||University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2006||Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA, BS, Biology|
|2014-2015||Clinical Fellowship, Regional and acute pain, University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL|
|2011-2014||Clinical Residency, Anesthesia, University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL|
|2010-2011||Clinical Internship, University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston, TX|
|2015||Anesthesiology Board Certification|
|2014||Anesthesiology Board Certification|
- Sharma I, Dong W, Vu CN, Zheng G. The impact of head and neck radiation on airway management: a retrospective data review. Can J Anaesth. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 36271267.
- Kiong KL, Moreno A, Vu CN, Zheng G, Rosenthal DI, Weber RS, Lewis CM. Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) in Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery: Impact on Return to Intended Oncologic Therapy (RIOT) and survival. Oral Oncol 130:105906. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35594776.
- Kiong KL, Vu CN, Yao CMKL, Kruse B, Zheng G, Yu P, Weber RS, Lewis CM. Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) in Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery: A Case-Matched Analysis of Perioperative and Pain Outcomes. Ann Surg Oncol 28(2):867-876, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32964371.
- Vu CN, Lewis CM, Bailard NS, Kapoor R, Rubin ML, Zheng G. Association Between Multimodal Analgesia Administration and Perioperative Opioid Requirements in Patients Undergoing Head and Neck Surgery with Free Flap Reconstruction. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 146(8):708-713, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32556065.
- Missair A, Marino MJ, Vu CN, Gutierrez J, Missair A, Osman B, Gebhard RE. Anesthetic Implications of Ebola Patient Management: A Review of the Literature and Policies. Anesth Analg 121(3):810-21, 2015. PMID: 25551317.
- Vu CN, Ruiz-Esponda R, Yang E, Chang E, Gillard B, Pownall HJ, Hoogeveen RC, Coraza I, Balasubramanyam A. Altered relationship of plasma triglycerides to HDL cholesterol in patients with HIV/HAART-associated dyslipidemia: further evidence for a unique form of metabolic syndrome in HIV patients. Metabolism 62(7):1014-20, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23522788.
- Kapoor R, Truong AT, Vu CN, Truong DT Successful Verbal Communication Using Google Translate to Facilitate Awake Intubation of a Patient with a Language Barrier: A case report. A A Pract 14(4):106-108, 2020. PMID: 31842193.
- Vu C, Zheng G, Hagberg C Neck Radiotherapy increases the risk of syncope during awake airway management: A report of two cases. Head Neck & Spine Surgery 4(1):3, 2019.
- Su J, Bailard N, Tan J, Lim J, Vu CN, Dong W, Zheng G. Factors associated with emergency airway management and difficult intubation in hospitalized patients outside of the operating room at a cancer treatment center, 2022.
- Vu CN, Lewis C, Bailard N, Kapoor R, Rubin MR, Zheng G. A Data Review of Perioperative Multimodal Analgesic Administration and Perioperative Opioid Requirements for Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery, 2020.
- Vu C, Zheng G, Hagberg C. The Role of baroreflex dysfunction in airway management, 2019.
- Vu C, Kapoor R, Hancher-Hodge S, Nguyen L. Scared to Death: When Bad News can be Deadly, 2018.
- Nguyen L, Vu C, Kwater P, et al. Anesthetic Implications of an Ectopic Pancreas, 2018.
- Nguyen L, Bailard N, Vu C, et al. A Technique to Preserve Eyelash Integrity in Patient with Madarosis in the Perioperative Environment, 2018.
- Nguyen L, Kowalski A, Vu C, Bailard N, Bellard B, McHugh T, Kwater P. Disruptive Behavior, bullying and burnout in the perioperative environment, 2018.
- Vu C, Zheng G. The Challenge of Managing a Patient with the Combination of Difficult Airway, Emergent Delirium, and Combativeness, 2017.
- Nguyen L, Ross M, Cerny J, Vu C, French K, Lim J, Goravanchi F. Anesthetic Challenges in patients with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, 2017.
- Vu CN, Eber S. Acute Hypotensive Transfusion Reaction with Concomitant Use of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors in a Neurosurgery Case, 2013.
- Vu C, Cohn J, Ranasinghe S. Anesthesia Considerations in a Morbidly Obese Parturient with Significant Coronary Artery Disease and Two Bare Stents Presenting for Cesarean Section, 2013.
- Vu C, Sharma I, Zabala A, Idowu T, Kwater AP, Donahue H, Oliver JA, Bankston CB, Panchapakesan K, and Singh-Heir J. Quality Improvement Project for Patients with Tracheostomy/Laryngectomy for Emergency Airway Events.
- Vu C, Bailard N, Lewis C, Dong W, Diao K, Zheng G. The Association between Multimodal Analgesic and Intraoperative Hemodynamic in Head and Neck Surgery with Free Flap.