Cesar Simbaqueba Clavijo
Department of Hospital Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Hospital Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|1997||Javeriana University School of Medicine, Bogota, COL, MD, Medicine|
|2003-2004||Clinical Fellowship, Geriatrics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN|
|2000-2003||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, The University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY|
|2000-2003||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, The University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY|
|2007||American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine|
Experience & Service
Co-Chair, Hospital Medicine Clinical and Research Conference Series, Department of Hospital Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2019 - Present
- Cesar A Simbaqueba MD, Daniel Leal-Alviarez, MD, Kodwo B Dickson, MD, Elie Mouhayar, MD. Acute Myopericarditis related with e-cigarettes Vaping. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2019.
- Simbaqueba C, Shrestha K, Patarroyo M, Troughton RW, Borowski AG, Klein AL, Wilson T.. The prognostic implications of relative hypochromia in ambulatory patients with chronic systolic heart failure. Congest Heart Fail 19(4):180 - 185, 2013.
- Patarroyo M, Simbaqueba C Shrestha K, Starling RC, Smedira N, Tang WH, Taylor DO.. Pre-operative risk factors and clinical outcomes associated with vasoplegia in recipients of orthotopic heart transplant in the contemporary era. J Heart Lung Transplant 31(3):282 - 287, 2012.
- Simbaqueba C.. The dangers of cigarette smoking. Lake Co, Banner 83(25):3, 2006.
- Simbaqueba C.. B-Blocker Therapy for heart failure. Should the therapeutic target be dose or heart rate reduction. Circulation 110(17), 2004.
- Simbaqueba C.. Peak exercise oxygen consumption and survival among elderly patients with heart failute. Journal of Cardiac Failure 10(4):S103, 2004.
- Simbaqueba C.. Does peak exercise oxygen consumption predict survival among elderly patients with heart failure?. Journal of American Geriatrics Society 52(4):S215, 2004.