My research focus is on studying the role of tumor microenvironment in the pathogenesis of epithelial ovarian cancer. My current research project is focused on investigating the cross-talk between different cell types in the omental tumor microenvironment including adipocytes, mesothelial cells and immune cells; and on elucidating the functional roles and the underlying mechanisms of adipose tissue derived secretory protein and exosomal microRNAs in modulating ovarian cancer progression, metastasis and chemoresistance.
|2011||The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HKG, PHD, Biochemistry, Medicine|
|2007||The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HKG, BS, Biochemistry|
|2011-2017||Research Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
Instructor, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine - Research, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2022
Research Associate, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2011 - 2011
|2017||The Diane Denson Tobola Fellowship in Ovarian Cancer Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2016||The Lupe C. Garcia Fellowship in Cancer Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2014||Ann Schreiber Mentored Investigator Award, Ovarian Cancer Research Fund|
|2011||Travel Grant Award, 70th Annual Meeting of Japanese Cancer Association|
|2007||The Dean's List, The Chinese University of Hong Kong|
- Yeung TL, Tsai CC, Leung CS, Au Yeung CL, Thompson MS, Lu KH, Freedman RS, Birrer MJ, Wong KK, Mok SC. ISG15 Promotes ERK1 ISGylation, CD8+ T Cell Activation and Suppresses Ovarian Cancer Progression. Cancers (Basel) 10(12), 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30469497.
- Rynne-Vidal A, Au-Yeung CL, Jiménez-Heffernan JA, Pérez-Lozano ML, Cremades-Jimeno L, Bárcena C, Cristóbal-García I, Fernández-Chacón C, Yeung TL, Mok SC, Sandoval P, López-Cabrera M. Mesothelial-to-mesenchymal transition as a possible therapeutic target in peritoneal metastasis of ovarian cancer. J Pathol 242(2):140-151, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28247413.
- Au Yeung CL, Tsang TY, Yau PL, Kwok TT. Human papillomavirus type 16 E6 suppresses microRNA-23b expression in human cervical cancer cells through DNA methylation of the host gene C9orf3. Oncotarget 8(7):12158-12173, 2017. PMID: 28077801.
- Au Yeung CL, Co NN, Tsuruga T, Yeung TL, Kwan SY, Leung CS, Li Y, Lu ES, Kwan K, Wong KK, Schmandt R, Lu KH, Mok SC. Exosomal transfer of stroma-derived miR21 confers paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer cells through targeting APAF1. Nat Commun 7:11150, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27021436.
- Yeung TL, Leung CS, Yip KP, Au Yeung CL, Wong ST, Mok SC. Cellular and molecular processes in ovarian cancer metastasis. A Review in the Theme: Cell and Molecular Processes in Cancer Metastasis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 309(7):C444-56, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26224579.
- Sun J, Au Yeung CL, Co NN, Tsang TY, Yau E, Luo K, Wu P, Wa JC, Fung KP, Kwok TT, Liu F. Clitocine reversal of P-glycoprotein associated multi-drug resistance through down-regulation of transcription factor NF-κB in R-HepG2 cell line. PLoS One 7(8):e40720, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22927901.
- Tsang TY, Tang WY, Chan JY, Co NN, Au Yeung CL, Yau PL, Kong SK, Fung KP, Kwok TT. P-glycoprotein enhances radiation-induced apoptotic cell death through the regulation of miR-16 and Bcl-2 expressions in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Apoptosis 16(5):524-35, 2011. PMID: 21336967.
- Au Yeung CL, Tsang TY, Yau PL, Kwok TT. Human papillomavirus type 16 E6 induces cervical cancer cell migration through the p53/microRNA-23b/urokinase-type plasminogen activator pathway. Oncogene 30(21):2401-10, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21242962.
- Sun JG, Chen CY, Luo KW, Yeung CL, Tsang TY, Huang ZZ, Wu P, Fung KP, Kwok TT, Liu FY. 3,5-Dimethyl-H-furo[3,2-g]chromen-7-one as a potential anticancer drug by inducing p53-dependent apoptosis in human hepatoma HepG2 cells. Chemotherapy 57(2):162-72, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21454974.
- Au Yeung CL, Tsang WP, Tsang TY, Co NN, Yau PL, Kwok TT. HPV-16 E6 upregulation of DNMT1 through repression of tumor suppressor p53. Oncol Rep 24(6):1599-604, 2010. PMID: 21042757.
- Co NN, Tsang WP, Tsang TY, Au Yeung CL, Yau PL, Kong SK, Kwok TT. AF1q enhancement of gamma irradiation-induced apoptosis by up-regulation of BAD expression via NF-kappaB in human squamous carcinoma A431 cells. Oncol Rep 24(2):547-54, 2010. PMID: 20596645.