Instructor, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine - Research, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
My research focus is on studying the role of tumor microenvironment in the pathogenesis of epithelial ovarian cancer. My current research project is focused on investigating the cross-talk between different cell types in the omental tumor microenvironment including adipocytes, mesothelial cells and immune cells; and on elucidating the functional roles and the underlying mechanisms of adipose tissue derived secretory protein and exosomal microRNAs in modulating ovarian cancer progression, metastasis and chemoresistance.
|2011||The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HKG, PHD, Biochemistry, Medicine|
|2007||The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HKG, BS, Biochemistry|
|2011-2017||Research Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
Research Associate, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2011 - 2011
|2017||The Diane Denson Tobola Fellowship in Ovarian Cancer Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2016||The Lupe C. Garcia Fellowship in Cancer Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2014||Ann Schreiber Mentored Investigator Award, Ovarian Cancer Research Fund|
|2011||Travel Grant Award, 70th Annual Meeting of Japanese Cancer Association|
|2007||The Dean's List, The Chinese University of Hong Kong|
- Yeung TL, Tsai CC, Leung CS, Au Yeung CL, Thompson MS, Lu KH, Freedman RS, Birrer MJ, Wong KK, Mok SC. ISG15 Promotes ERK1 ISGylation, CD8+ T Cell Activation and Suppresses Ovarian Cancer Progression. Cancers (Basel) 10(12), 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30469497.
- Rynne-Vidal A, Au-Yeung CL, Jiménez-Heffernan JA, Pérez-Lozano ML, Cremades-Jimeno L, Bárcena C, Cristóbal-García I, Fernández-Chacón C, Yeung TL, Mok SC, Sandoval P, López-Cabrera M. Mesothelial-to-mesenchymal transition as a possible therapeutic target in peritoneal metastasis of ovarian cancer. J Pathol 242(2):140-151, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28247413.
- Au Yeung CL, Tsang TY, Yau PL, Kwok TT. Human papillomavirus type 16 E6 suppresses microRNA-23b expression in human cervical cancer cells through DNA methylation of the host gene C9orf3. Oncotarget 8(7):12158-12173, 2017. PMID: 28077801.
- Au Yeung CL, Co NN, Tsuruga T, Yeung TL, Kwan SY, Leung CS, Li Y, Lu ES, Kwan K, Wong KK, Schmandt R, Lu KH, Mok SC. Exosomal transfer of stroma-derived miR21 confers paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer cells through targeting APAF1. Nat Commun 7:11150, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27021436.
- Yeung TL, Leung CS, Yip KP, Au Yeung CL, Wong ST, Mok SC. Cellular and molecular processes in ovarian cancer metastasis. A Review in the Theme: Cell and Molecular Processes in Cancer Metastasis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 309(7):C444-56, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26224579.
- Sun J, Au Yeung CL, Co NN, Tsang TY, Yau E, Luo K, Wu P, Wa JC, Fung KP, Kwok TT, Liu F. Clitocine reversal of P-glycoprotein associated multi-drug resistance through down-regulation of transcription factor NF-κB in R-HepG2 cell line. PLoS One 7(8):e40720, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22927901.
- Tsang TY, Tang WY, Chan JY, Co NN, Au Yeung CL, Yau PL, Kong SK, Fung KP, Kwok TT. P-glycoprotein enhances radiation-induced apoptotic cell death through the regulation of miR-16 and Bcl-2 expressions in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Apoptosis 16(5):524-35, 2011. PMID: 21336967.
- Au Yeung CL, Tsang TY, Yau PL, Kwok TT. Human papillomavirus type 16 E6 induces cervical cancer cell migration through the p53/microRNA-23b/urokinase-type plasminogen activator pathway. Oncogene 30(21):2401-10, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21242962.
- Sun JG, Chen CY, Luo KW, Yeung CL, Tsang TY, Huang ZZ, Wu P, Fung KP, Kwok TT, Liu FY. 3,5-Dimethyl-H-furo[3,2-g]chromen-7-one as a potential anticancer drug by inducing p53-dependent apoptosis in human hepatoma HepG2 cells. Chemotherapy 57(2):162-72, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21454974.
- Au Yeung CL, Tsang WP, Tsang TY, Co NN, Yau PL, Kwok TT. HPV-16 E6 upregulation of DNMT1 through repression of tumor suppressor p53. Oncol Rep 24(6):1599-604, 2010. PMID: 21042757.
- Co NN, Tsang WP, Tsang TY, Au Yeung CL, Yau PL, Kong SK, Kwok TT. AF1q enhancement of gamma irradiation-induced apoptosis by up-regulation of BAD expression via NF-kappaB in human squamous carcinoma A431 cells. Oncol Rep 24(2):547-54, 2010. PMID: 20596645.