Assistant Professor, Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2010||The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston, TX, USA, MD, Medical Doctor|
|2013-2015||Clinical Fellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University, St. Louis, MO|
|2010-2013||Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University, St. Louis, MO|
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, DKA/HHS Algorithm Working Group, 2015 - Present
Member, Clinical Effectiveness Subcommittee, 2015 - Present
- Best CJ, Struthers H, Laciny E, Reeds D, Yarasheski K. Sitagliptin Reduces Inflammation and Chronic Immune Cell Activation in HIV+ Adults with Impaired Glucose Tolerance. PMID: 25938633.
- Clark AL, Best CJ, Fisher SJ. Even Silent Hypoglycemia Induces Cardiac Arrthymias. Diabetes 63(5):1457-9, 2014. PMID: 24757198.
- Best CJ, Carmichael K Diabetes Q&A: When Should I Start Insulin. Consultant Magazine 54(10):798-799, 2014.
- Best CJ, Carmichael K Diabetes Q&A: Iatrogenic Hypoglycemia - Identification, Troubleshooting, and Precautions. Consultant Magazine 55(7):541-542.
- Yarasheski KE, Reeds DN, Best CJ, Laciny E, Struthers H, Royal M. DPP4 Inhabitation (sitagliptin) Reduces Inflammatory Chemokine and Immune Activation Markers in HIV+ Adults with or without Glucose Intolerance. 16th International Workshop on Co-morbidities and Adverse Drug Reactions in HIV, 2014.